Chapter 12

On Rainy Days

 

When I looked back at the clock, it was already 10 P.M. “Where did all the time go?” I sighed and began to walked to the bathroom. I turned the water on and wet my toothbrush. Meanwhile I was brushing my teeth, in the corner of my eye, I saw something dark reflected in the mirror. I turned around to look at what the mirror was reflecting.

“Are those my clothes?” I asked myself. Then it hit me! “Junhyung left his clothes here... what should I do? Are there any programs scheduled this week that he will have with me?” I tried to think of all my programs. “I’ll just look at my schedule later.” I continued to brush my teeth. After I finished, I went into my bedroom.

I felt as if I was forgetting something. I heard the bathroom door close, soon followed by a scream.

“YAH JIYEON!”

I ran out of my room and stood outside the bathroom. There, Soyeon unnie was standing pointing at Junhyung’s clothes. She pulled me in the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

“Jiyeon! You should know better than to be doing this. You only 19 years old. You aren’t old enough yet!”

“What are you talking about unnie?”

“You... him... alone... his clothes here... what else?”

“BWOH? Unnie... it wasn’t like that at all! I swear.” I felt embarrassed when she thought I would do something like that.

“Why are his clothes here then?” She asked me, still in a stern voice.

“He took a shower since he was soaking wet before. I promise you, nothing bad happened today.”

“... okay. Get out. I need to shower now.”

She pushed me out of the bathroom and threw his clothes at me. When I got back in the room, I threw his clothes in my pile of laundry. The least I could do for him was wash them then return them. After I placed the clothes on the pile of laundry, I began to check my schedule. “The closest day I will see him again is Thursday... on M! Countdown.” I began to arrange my schedule in order to fit laundry in the week. “Okay... so I’ll have to do the laundry after ‘Hello Baby’, then I need to go to another program... I’ll have the clothes back late that night.”

I lied down on the bed and closed my eyes. I kept rolling back and forth across the bed. “Wae... I never have this much trouble falling asleep.” I closed my eyes again, but I still couldn’t sleep. I sat up on my bed and glided my hand through my hair. I got out of bed and opened the door. The dorm was dark, no lights were on. “Those unnies... always go out to the bars and clubs!” I walked into the kitchen and poured me a glass of water. I sat on the couch and turned the television on as well as the laptop. On the laptop, I signed onto my MSN account. A messaged popped up saying “prepixwassup wants to be your friend. Accept. Decline.” I stared at the message for a while. “Who is ‘prepizwassup’?” I was about to click ‘decline’ when I saw the personal message. “Annyeong Jiyeon! It’s Junhyung. Please accept my friend request!” I stared at the screen for a few more seconds and clicked the accept button. When the list of all my friends who are online line appeared, Junhyung was on. I right clicked his account and was about to click chat when a chat window popped up.

“Annyeong Jiyeon! It’s Junhyung. What are you still doing up?”

“Oh, annyeong. Oh, well actually I can’t sleep. I’ve been having trouble for a while... and you?” I responded to him.

“Oh, well I’m actually having the same problems as you. So, what are you doing right now?”

“The television is on... I believe this is a rerun of ‘Oh! My School’.”

“Ah! Yoseob is on that. Well... I’m sitting here gazing at the stars. The view is amazing right now.”

“Ah, I wish I could see them.”

“Do you want to?”

“Dae.”

In a few seconds, a request for a video chat appeared from prepixwassup. I accepted the invitation and after the laptop finished buffering, Junhyung appeared on my screen.

“Jiyeon!” He waved to me through the camera with a smile across his face. His face was hard to recognize due to the lighting.

“Oh, hi.” I smiled and waved back to him through the camera.

“I know you didn’t want to see me, so here are the stars.” He held his laptop up towards the window and my screen filled up with the stars.

“Wah! They’re so pretty. I’m jealous... my dorm is blocked by buildings.” I gave a sigh.

He turned the screen back to him. We began to talk. A second turned into a minute, which turned into an hour. When I looked at the time it was already 1 A.M.

“I have to go now. Sorry. I’ll contact you again. Bye!” I waved to him and signed off. I turned the television off and went back to my room.

I lied down on my bed. While laying down, all I could think about was Junhyung. “Yah! Jiyeon! You cannot fall in love with Junhyung! He was with someone else before. Plus he causes you too many heart pains, but at the same time, he’s sweet, cute, and always makes time for you. He was with someone else though!” I kept thinking of the good and bad side of Junhyung. For every reason against him, there was always reason to be with him.

I thought I was going to go crazy. Being with Junhyung caused me so problems last time and today... but I couldn’t help but have feelings for him. When I thought about our kiss, everything opposing being with him vanished. I couldn’t get the kiss out of my mind.

I didn’t know what to do anymore. I was falling in love, but at the same time I refused to believe it.