Chapter 15

On Rainy Days

 

When we arrived to M! Countdown’s building, a staff member led us towards our dressing room. I changed into my ‘Yayaya’ costume and sat down on the chair. My stylist came into the room and closed the door behind her. Right when she began to fix my hair, there was a knock on the door.

“Excuse me? Jiyeon are you there?” A deep voice came through the door.

My heart began to beat faster and faster. It was Junhyung. I didn’t know how to face him.

“She’s in here,” my stylist yelled. “You may come in.”

The door opened and he walked into the room. “Annyeonghaseo.” He bowed.

My stylist nodded in acknowledgment. “Annyeonghaseo.” She continued to fix my hair.

Junhyung walked in back of the stylist and I saw his reflection in the mirror. I moved my eyes towards the side, but he followed my eyes’ direction. He had a smirk on his face and chuckled. I, then, decided to close my eyes. When my eyes were closed, he whispered in my ear.

“Are you trying to avoid me again? You know it won’t work.” He chuckled.

I gave an annoyed sigh. “Aish, what do you want?” Honestly, I wasn’t annoyed, but rather nervous.

“I want you to look at me,” he whispered.

I opened my eyes and saw his face directly in front of mine. “Are you happy?” I asked him.

He smiled at me and said, “Very.” He squatted down and began to talk again. “Did you bring the clothes?”

“Dae.. why?” I asked him.

“I started to miss my clothes. Few days without it... but not to worry! I missed you more.” He winked at me and laughed.

I wanted to smile, but I kept it inside. “The clothes are in the bag.” I heard he get up and take his clothes out. When I looked towards the side, I saw him checking his pockets.

“Did my wallet get lost?” He asked me.

“Wallet? Oh... dae, the wallet. I have it.” I told him. I took the picture from beneath my purse on the counter. “Here’s your wallet.” I held the picture out towards him.

He walked over and grabbed the picture and quickly left. Before he could leave, I called him back. “Junhyung! Oppa... come back. I have a question for you.”

He turned around and looked back at me. He slowly walked towards me, afraid of what I would do.

“Why couldn’t you just say it was a picture?” I asked him in an honest voice.

He looked towards the side of the room, then back at me, directly in my eyes. “I was afraid you would think I was a stalker. Honestly speaking, I truly like you, but it always seems that you are still angry at me.” He began to walk out again.

I stood up from my chair and grabbed his arm. “I’m sorry oppa.”

He turned around and saw me looking towards the ground. “Sorry for what? There’s no need. You have your rights for being mad at me.” He tried to walk away again.

I grabbed his arm with both of my hands this time. My legs slid apart and soon, I ended up sitting on the floor. “Oppa, please don’t leave me again.” A tear slid down my face.

He bent down and wiped the tear off my face. “Don’t cry Jiyeon, it doesn’t suit you well.” He pulled me into a hug and patted my back. No matter how much I wanted to stop crying, the tears kept flowing.

“Don’t cry Jiyeon-ah.” He kept whispering in my ear as me rubbed my back.

After 5 minutes have passed, Junhyung announced he had to leave. “I’m sorry Jiyeon. B2ST is going on stage to preform. I’ll come back.” He promised me. “Wait for me.” He kissed my forehead and left.

I stood up from the floor and fixed my outfit. I went inside the dressing room and got a tissue. I wiped my tears away as if they were never even there. I reapplied my makeup and fixed my hair. I stared at the mirror and a small smile formed. Suddenly, I heard my unnies calling me from the hallway.

“Jiyeon! It’s time to preform.”

I got up from my chair and joyfully preformed ‘Yayaya’ as if nothing happened a few minutes ago. Once we went backstage, everyone was complimenting and praising each other on their work.

“Great job T-ara!” The staff and crew would tell us.

“Good job everyone, hwaiting!”We would reply back with a smile.
When I started to walk back to the dressing room, I saw a figure sitting by the door. The person looked as if they were waiting for one of us. When I walked closer towards the figure, they got up from the ground. They started to walk towards me.

“Jiyeon!” I heard him scream towards me. He started to run towards me.

I ran closer to him and screamed, “Junhyung!”

He walked closer and gave me a hug, again. Inside I felt so happy. I felt as if my heart would burst in any minute.

He hugged me for a long time and slowly released me from his hug. “You did a great job preforming.” He gave me two thumbs up.

Our eyes connected and my heart began to race again. This time, it was faster than ever before. I looked at him and mumbled, “Oppa, saranghaeyo.”