Chapter 16

On Rainy Days

 

He continued staring at me. This time, he was confused though. He asked me, “Did you say something?”

I shook my head. I didn’t want him to hear what I said. It slipped out by mistake. It was meant to be kept a secret from him.

He kept staring at me then sighed in disbelief. “I know what you said Jiyeon. I don’t understand why you need to constantly lie to me.” He began to walk away.

There, I felt guilty. I didn't think he would get angry at me. I screamed after him, “I was wrong oppa!” He continued to walk away. He didn't even look back once. That's when I said it. “I love you Junhyung!” I screamed as loud as I could.

He kept walking away without saying anything. I fell on the ground. “How could he ignore me?” I knew I would be heartbroken again. One tear rolled down my cheek followed by many others. I heard his footsteps stop. I looked up to see him only a few centimeters away from me.

He bent down and held my hands. "I love you too." He began to lean in towards me until someone began to speak.

"Wah! Yong Junhyung, you sure are lucky." A male's voice came from behind me.

Junhyung looked up and saw Kikwang watching us along with the rest of the B2ST members and T-ara members. He stood up, grabbed my hand and pulled me up. He pulled me close and placed an arm around me.

"I have an announcement to make." He spoke in a clear voice. Everyone looked at us. I felt his hand squeeze mine as he said, "As of today, Jiyeon and I are dating."

My jaw dropped. I didn't know how to act. I liked the way he referred to me as his girlfriend, but on the other hand, something felt as if it missing.

“A date!” That’s what was missing.

I leaned over to Junhyung and whispered in his ears, “We haven’t even had a date... how can we be boyfriend and girlfriend?”

When I looked at his face, I saw he had a puzzled expression. I felt bad after asking. I didn't want to stress or trouble him anymore than I already had.

“Gwenchana. Don’t stress over it.” I whispered to him. His face was still puzzled though.

Later, the members began to talk to each other. Hyomin started to talk to Kikwang. I watched as I saw they were laughing at each others jokes and always were smiling. The gleam in their eyes was astonishing to see. When I looked back at Junhyung, his face was still in the state of confusion. I knew he wouldn't let it go until he found a solution.

Before any of us even knew it, we had to attend other programs. Each member said goodbye to each other with a wave, except for Junhyung. He bowed to everyone and specially said goodbye to me.

He walked up towards me and told me to place my palm out. I did as he said. He placed an object in my hand and ran away waving. When I looked to see what was in my hand, it was a cellular phone. To be specific, it was Junhyung’s cell phone.

“Why did he give his phone to me?” I thought to myself. I walked into the dressing room and changed back into my regular clothes. After a few minutes, I felt a vibration in my pocket. “Aish, his phone is getting a SMS... should I open it?”

I looked at his phone and saw it wasn’t a contact from his phone. I decided to open the message.

“Annyeong Jiyeon! It’s Junhyung. I’m lending my phone to you for the time being ok? Keke, don’t lose it. Feel free to use it!”

Suddenly another text message came. “Oh! This is my new number for the time being. Feel free to call me. Keke ~”

A smile formed on my face. “Aish, he’s like a child.” I placed the phone back into my pocket and left the building. Inside T-ara’s van, everyone was fixing their hair for their next program. I sat there on Junhyung’s phone. I looked through his apps and contacts. When I was about to put the phone away, I clicked a button. The camera popped up, followed by pictures.

“Hm.. what is this?” I looked through his picture. His pictures were pictures of him and other idols. Then, I reached a point where the photos were photos of me. “Bwoh... how does he have this?” I continued looking and saw many pictures of me. I immediately clicked close and locked his phone. “I wonder how he got all of those... they were nice photos of me though...” I began to daze off.

In a few hours, all my programs were finished. Meanwhile driving back to the dorm, I got another SMS from Junhyung.

“Jagiya, let’s have our first date tonight.”

I responded back, “Tonight? Why tonight out of all days? I just finished my programs.”

When he replied, it said, “I’ll pick you up in 1 hour ok?”

I sighed in disbelief. “Aish! Yong Junhyung, you never listen do you?” I looked out the window. “Manager Kim, can you drive faster to the dorm?”

In 20 minutes, we got back to the dorm. I ran up to T-ara’s dorm and ran into my room. Along the way, I dragged Hyomin with me. I locked the door behind me. “Unnie! I have a date! Junhyung will be here in 40 minutes. Help me find something to wear.”

Hyomin immediately searched for my clothes as I took a quick shower. When I came back into the room, Hyomin prepared a black dress along with matching high heels.

“This should look perfect on you.” She said with a smile.

She helped me with the dress and shoes. I sat in front of our mirror and began to apply makeup. I looked at the time, there was 10 minutes left before he would be at the entrance. Before I knew it, time was up. My hair was straight down and my side bangs were pushed to the left. I waited in the lobby of the building and within a few seconds, he walked in with a bouquet of flowers.

He bent down on one knee and gave me the flowers, “You look amazing Jiyeon.” He placed his hand out and I placed mine on top. We left the building and sat in his car.

“Where are we going?” I asked him.

“You’ll see when we get there.” He looked over towards me and winked at me. He continued driving. In 20 minutes, we arrived in front of a restaurant. He opened the door and ran towards my side of the car. He opened my door and held a hand out to me.

When we entered, a line of waiters bowed to us. One walked out of line and began to show us to our seats. Inside, there were many people who were dining with friends, family, etc. Soon, we started to walk outside of the restaurant and up to the roof. There, only one table was set up with a candle lit in the center.

He leaned over and whispered in my ear, “Let’s have fun on our first date, alright?”