04

Housemating with a Vampire

Your POV:

He turned away and waved the little bag of Pocky in my face.

“That’s killing my arm, carry it.” He said, I took it. He started to walk up hill.

I trudged behind him and when he wasn’t watch, I ran over to him and took one bag of meat.

“YAH!” He yelled behind me, as I ran.

“I’ll just carry one bag.” I shouted and started running up hill.

After running for a lot of minutes, my legs started to give up on me, I sat down on the road and started messaging my leg.

“Better get out of the way before the cars ran you over.” He said when he came up the hill not even breaking a sweat.

“How do you do that?” I asked, getting up.

“Do what?” He asked looking confused.

“Uh, hold that much weight, it looks like they weight more than you do.” I said and started walking backwards.

“What out there might be a car coming.” He said and struggled with the bag of rice for a little bit. I quickly went over to him and grabbed the front of the bag so it doesn’t slide down.

“It’s okay, I got it.” He said, and raised it to his shoulders.

“Do you take steroids?” I asked, he gawked at me like I’m stupid.

“What?” He said. “I do not take steroids, I guess I’m just naturally strong.”

I stayed quiet after that, it got a little awkward because of the closeness before, but I decided to break the ice.

“So what are you going to do if you found out what happened to your car?” I asked turning around walking backward again.

“Probably kill him or something.” He said, I widen my eyes.

“You can go to jail like that. I heard it’s not really nice in there.” I said.

“Just kidding, not really going to kill that person, but I got a slight idea who might steal my car.” He said and started to run. I stood there looking at his back figure getting smaller by the second.

“How can someone run with that much weight on him?” I asked myself, I started walking again. It was already night when I found the house. It was not hard, you see a big mansion sticking out on top of the other houses. I ring the gate bell, this time it clicked open and I stepped in. I looked around and saw L.Joe-ssi car parked there on the grass.

“DON’T YOU DARE DRIVE MY CAR AGAIN! YOU RAN INTO THE LAWN!” L.Joe-ssi shouted all the way from his room.

“WELL SORRY, MISTER. I THOUGHT YOU WENT SOMEWHERE ELSE, SO THAT’S WHY I DROVE YOUR CAR BACK!” C.A.P shouted and came down the stairs, with oil coming out of his eyes.

“C.A.P, are you crying?” I asked gently.

“Yes,” He sniffled and hugged me out of nowhere, while I still hold on to the bag of Pocky.

“C.A.P, it’s okay, I think he will calm down after a while.” I said and patted his capped head.

“You think so? I was just trying to help anyways.” He said, and did a robot pout.

“I know.” I said and he let go of me and went into the kitchen. He grabbed a bottle of vegetable oil and drinked it.

“C.A.P, do you know where L.Joe-ssi put the beef at?” I asked.

“In the refrigerator. He told me ‘make sure no one eats all this beef’. So I took good care of it.” He said and went upstairs again. I went to the refrigerator and got out my beef and started cooking.

“Maybe I should cook two people food today. I wonder if he would like it or not.” I said to myself and started chopping the beef. I went back to the refrigerator to get another one out, but I found blood packages.

*B-blood packages? Does he loose blood? How come I didn’t see them the first time I open this?* I quickly looked away and got the beef. When I finished cooking I went to get L.Joe-ssi. I knocked on his door but he didn’t answer.

“Uh, L.Joe-ssi can I come in?” I asked, no one answered.

*Did something bad happen to him? If something did please let him be dressed.* I prayed to God. I got in and found a half- L.Joe-ssi on the bed reading a letter.

“Don’t you knock?” He said sitting up when he saw me.

“I-I did, but you didn’t answer.” I stuttered.

“I didn’t hear you. So you need to tell me something?” He got up from his bed, I swallowed.

“Y-yes, dinner is ready.” I turned away.

“Wait didn’t C.A.P tell you I don’t eat anything.” He said and grabbed a black shirt on.

*Praise the lord!*

“N-no.” I said still stuttering for some unknown reason.

“Well, I’ll go downstairs in a while” He stopped and looked at me, “Did you eat my bag of Pocky?”

“No.”

“I’ll be down there.” He said, I closed the door and went downstairs,  using the stairs.

“I think I’ll might as well lose weight in this house.” I jog downstairs and reached the kitchen panting.

“Yup, defiantly getting fat.” I patted my stomach.

“You are really stupid if you think you are fat. It is just your muscles weren’t breathing.” L.Joe-ssi’s voice said behind me. I turned around and saw him in the same black shirt and… shorts?

“What do you mean muscle breathing?”

“You have to breathe if you’re running. You can’t stop breathing when you are, that’s why you are panting.” He said and sat down. He picked up his knife and fork. I was really surprised when found his utensils all diamonded. I mean I saw people with silver and gold but no one can afford diamond stuff nowadays. People found a way that makes all metal grow with one substance, no one know what it is. If you have a tiny, tiny, tiny piece of silver, you drop it in the substance and it will grow overnight into something bigger than your room. So any kind of metal is not really expensive now, only rocks are and the most expensive are diamonds.

“Can I ask you a question?” He nodded with his mouth full of beef.

“Why do you have blood packages in your refrigerator?” I asked, and L.Joe-ssi choked on his food.

“What?”

“You have blood packages in your refrigerator.” I pointed to the fridge.

“Oh that, there was a doctor in my family.” He said and bit down on his fork, I sat blood coming down his bottom lip.

“Quit doing that! You know diamond is sharp, you are making your lip bleed.” I said and went over to him.

“Huh, oh.” He said it like it was nothing.

“What oh? Your lip is bleeding! The blood is like pouring out!” I said.

“Girly, just because I cut myself on the lips doesn’t mean I’m going to run out of blood. And it is not pouring down like a waterfall so calm down.” He said and his lips, it stopped bleeding.

“Huh?” I looked at his lips wondering what happened to the blood and cut.

“What? Go back to eating, it is not nice to stare at someone’s lips.” He said and places a hand in front of his lips.

“Sorry, but I swear that it should be bleeding right now.” I said.

“I have a fast healing body, I hardly get sick.” He said.

“Wouldn’t that be nice if my dad had a body like you.” I looked down at my beef. Suddenly it didn’t look so appetizing anymore.

*If dad had a body like L.Joe-ssi’s, maybe he could live a little longer.* I sighed, and started eating.

“What’s the sigh for?” He asked not even looking up.

“Oh, nothing. Just missing my dad.”

“Where is he? He is on vacation?”

“No, he is in a better place than this land.” I said and stuffed the rest of the beef down my mouth, so I can leave. I put my dishes on the sink and started washing them. I put back the clean dishes where it came from, then C.A.P came out.

“Hena-ssi, can I have this month of payment please?” C.A.P asked, I nodded. I went upstairs and got the money that I owe him for this month.

“Hena-ssi, have a good night.” C.A.P said, but right when he was going to close the door I stopped him.

“C.A.P-ssi, do you have a bike anywhere? I have school tomorrow, and there is no bus nearby.” I asked.

He stood there no moving for a full good minute, “No, I’m sorry, but what school do you go to?”

“Top High School.” I said.

He had a sudden wide beam on his face, “Oh goody, that’s the same school where young mister is going.”

“Really, how come I don’t see him in school before?” I asked.

“Because he doesn’t like to go to school, and his parents didn’t mind that since he is smart. So tomorrow and from now on, he’ll drive you to school.”

“EHHHHH?!” I shot out of my bed like a bullet.

“L-L.Joe-ssi is going to drive me to school? Would that be good for his reputation? Would I be a burden?” I started spurting out questions.

“Hena, I think it wouldn’t kill him to drive you to school.” C.A.P said and closed the door. I looked at the closed door and went back to bed and fell asleep.

 

L.Joe’s POV:

“Young mister, I got to tell you something.”

“Speak faster, I have 5 minutes before I go to sleep.”

“Tomorrow you are going to school.” C.A.P said standing proud.

“What?” I hissed and turned around.

“You are going to school tomorrow, at Top High School. Oh and you are going with Hena-ssi.” He said.

“That high school? I have been in that school for 200 years already!” I hissed again, I don’t want to wake up that girl, but I made my voice threatening like I’m screaming.

“Mistress send me a message saying that you should go to school and learn new knowledge.” He said.

“Huh, what does she want with me now? She disowned me so I don’t have to listen to her.” I said.

“She didn’t disown you, young mister.”

“Really? Read this paper, if you don’t know how to read, I could read to you what it said, since I already got it memorized.”

“I know how to read, but please just go that school.” C.A.P said.

“I won’t lock up your AB+ blood from now on, if you go to that school and pass it.”

“You have my words then. But if I see you locking up my blood, I’ll personally burn down the school until it looked like a burnt charcoal.”

“Okay, but don’t kill any humans please, we had to clean up everyone’s memory because of that.” C.A.P sighed and rolled off.

I bent down and grabbed the paper that C.A.P drop.

“Ha, you leave me then you come back and tell that robot that you need me to go to school, what kind of bull is that?” I said and crumpled the paper. I used all my strength that made the paper into a compressed paper ball.

“School tomorrow.” I already missed my freedom, I put the paper ball under my pillow and went to sleep.

 

“WAKE UP!” I heard C.A.P’s voice yell right by my ear.

“What do you want this early? If it’s that girl then just entertain her and tell her I’m not home.” I mumbled.

“It’s not her, but you have to wake up for school, Hena-ssi is waiting downstairs.” He said and pushed me off of my bed, if I didn’t have super fast reflexes there might be a huge hole on my floor.

“I forgot.” I said and got up, C.A.P then came to me with a glass of blood.

“What’s this for?”

“So that you don’t burn out there, and it can control your blood lust. Girl’s these days are more showing then before.” He said, I grabbed the glass and chug down the blood.

“Okay, now go do what a human student would do.” He said, I went to my closet and grabbed out the uniform from some hundred years ago. They never even bother to change the uniform. It is kind of dull now.

“You look like a poor fellow.” A very familiar voice echoed behind me.

“Chunji what do you want?” I asked.

“Nothing, I can’t see my lovely brother?”

“I have a lot of rights against that, who is the new kid?” I asked.

“Whoa, isn’t it to you the new little brother or the new family member?” He asked, I could tell that he is shock by my coldness.

“Ha, right. I’m disowned remember?” I smirked and got dressed.

“Yah, mom didn’t disown you.” He said.

“Then who did? Dad? If you don’t believe me then go look under my pillow and there would be a letter there.”

“Huh, are you always like that? Putting your most precious stuff under your pillow.”

“I put it under there so I could remember how I got abandon, I think you have to go back to your home, so you don’t get disown too.” I said and got out the door.

 

Your POV:

I stood at the door waiting for L.Joe-ssi to come out. I started to draw circles with the tip of my foot.

“Sorry, I let you waited that long.” He said and went out the door, I look at him confused, and he was wearing last year’s uniform.

“L.Joe-ssi, you’re wearing the wrong uniform.” I said, he stopped short then started walking again.

“Why do you have last year’s uniform? Shouldn’t they give you a new uniform?” I asked.

“No, I stop going to school because my parents say that I’m too smart to learn the same thing over and over again.” He said and got into the car. I stood there wondering should I get in the car or should I not. If someone saw me in this car they will probably start something, or if they saw L.Joe-ssi with me, they will probably kill me for being with a guy like him. Maybe I should just walk.

“Are you coming in or not?” He rolled down the window and asked.

“Uh, I think I can walk.” I said.

“Okay then.” He rolled up the window and drove away.

“Now I don’t have to worry about getting him killed by girls.” I started walking but then L.Joe-ssi’s car stopped in front of me. L.Joe-ssi got out and pulled me in.

“L.Joe-ssi, why are you still here?”

“Following you, I forgot the way to school.” He said.

“You turn left on this street then turn a left again, then you turn right, then go straight until you see the library, the school is right across from the library.” I explained the directions to him.

“Okay.” He started driving, after a while, I was wondering why am I in the car with him.

“STOP!” I screamed, he stepped on the pedal making us both lean forward.

“What?” He asked looking annoyed.

“I’m so sorry, but I can walk from here.” I said and got out the car. I bow to him and started walking, but when I look back L.Joe-ssi’s car was still there.

“Just keep on walking.” I said to myself. When I reached school, there was a pile of girls around something.

“KYA HE IS SO CUTE!”

“WHAT IS HIS NAME!”

“SO EN Y!”

I continued walking until my two steps sisters came over to me.

“Ha, look here’s the poor girl.”