Tears and confessions

Unwanted Love

A little past midday Aoi asked if Uruha could help him bring some wine from the wine cellar for the dinner. They hadn't drunk wine in dinner on past days, so Uruha asked why would they do so now.

"Our father is coming for dinner tonight and he wanted wine. Several bottles since me and Reita like drinking wine too, and father has some people coming over", Aoi explained. Uruha took it as an excuse good enough, so he followed Aoi to the wine cellar.

The wine cellar was behind a thick wooden door and smelled like, of course, wine. There were all kinds of wines, all of them very high-classed. They took a few of them and were about to leave, but when Aoi tried to open the door, it didn't move one inch.

"Please don't tell me we're locked in..." Uruha whispered.

"It was you who closed the door!" Aoi said. Uruha glared daggers at him as he yelled: "Well how should've I known it can only be opened from outside?! You were the one who left keys into the lock!"

Aoi sat angrily on the floor, leaning against the wall near the door and muttered: "We'll wait for someone to find us, then."

"And how do you expect anyone to find us?! Oh, God, we'll be locked in here forever, we'll die of lack of food..." Uruha said. He was starting to panic, and he sat next to Aoi and pulled his knees close to his chest and hugged them. Aoi sighed and answered: "I told I'd bring the wine to the kitchen. So if we don't come there, they'll eventually start looking for us. When they don't find us, they'll come here to take the wine and open the door."

"Maybe so, but I'm more afraid of how I'll manage to be locked in with you!" Uruha snapped.

"What?! Why?!" Aoi said and pointed at his chest.

"You're a erted freak, you molest Kai and me, you disgust me. That's why!" Uruha explained, annoyance dripping from his voice. Aoi's voice softened as he said: "I might molest you, but that's because I like you. What comes to Kai... I'm just joking. I wouldn't molest someone who my friend likes-" Aoi stopped talking as he realized he'd revealed Reita's secret.

"WHAT?!"

"I- I mean, I uh..." Aoi stuttered. Furiously Uruha grabbed the older male's collar and hissed: "Explain. Now."

"Well... Uh, Reita kind of... likes Kai... kind of... romantically... or something..." Aoi muttered.

"HE WHAT?!"

"He likes Kai, don't tell him I told you!"

"Will he beat you up if I tell him?"

"Beat me up?! He'll kill me!"

"In that case I will gladly tell him."

"Look, he can't help it. He might not seem like it, but he loves cute things. Well, it's not like he has, like, cute dolls or stuff in his room, but he really loves cute people. And you don't need to be a genius to realize Kai is adorable. It's just that Reita doesn't know how to show his love since no one has ever truly loved him before, neither has he loved anyone", Aoi explained with a sigh.

"Kai thinks he hates him, no wonder no one has ever loved him!" Uruha yelled.

"Please, Uru. Give him a chance, he'll eventually realize what he's supposed to do. He's just... He's like a little child when it comes to these things", Aoi begged.

"Hmph. Fine. But if he hurts Kai, he's dead in less than a second", Uruha warned.

"Thank you", Aoi thanked, smiling gladly at Uruha.

Eventually they started drinking the wine, and Uruha really enjoyed it. Since he was less tense because of the alcohol, they actually had some fine chatting and laughing at Aoi's bad jokes.

"Y'know, Aoi, you aren't half bad!" Uruha commented.

"Really? You could've realized that earlier, before smacking my head million times", Aoi answered, making Uruha giggle loudly.

"Hey, Aoi, have you ever had before?" Uruha asked after calming down a little, leaning against the wall and now sounding really thoughtful.

"I have. Why're you asking?" Aoi replied and took another sip of the alcohol. Uruha turned his gaze at Aoi and said: "I've never done it. What's it like?"

"Wanna find out?" Aoi grinned dorkily, and prepared for pain in his head. But for his surprise, Uruha instead nodded and answered: "Gladly. I don't wanna die a ."

"I doubt we're gonna die, but as you wish", Aoi said. He gently pushed Uruha on the cold, stone floor and asked quietly: "You sure you wanna do this?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I?" Uruha asked. Aoi chuckled and said: "Could you drink more often? I think I like the drunk you more."

"Sure, it's more fun this way anyway", Uruha said and grinned sheepishly. Before anything could happen, the door opened and Reita stood there, staring at Aoi and Uruha.

"Two hours passed, just as you said", he said bluntly. Uruha scowled and asked: "What...?"

"He told me to open the wine cellar's door in two hours and two hours passed", Reita said, a shade of annoyance in his tone.

"Aoi... YOU PLANNED THIS?!" Uruha yelled and pushed the said person off him and stood up. Aoi stood up too and tried to explain: "Look, Uru, I didn't mean it like- "

"YOU WERE GOING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME, YOU LITTLE FILTHY PIG!" Uruha raged, his eyes furious and voice dangerous.

"Uruha, why're you yelling?" asked a shy voice behind Reita. Uruha blinked and realized Kai had been there all the time, obviously scared because of Uruha.

"Because Aoi's an ", the honey-blonde hissed. He started walking away, but because of the alcohol he was a bit unsteady and Reita had to catch him before he would fall. He pushed Reita away and quickly continued walking out of the wine cellar. Kai could've sworn he heard a soft sob too.

"I don't think he wants any company right now", Reita muttered and took Kai's hand as the latter was about to go after Uruha.

"Come on, let's go get that wine... Let's leave Aoi and Uruha alone for a while", he continued. He and Kai went to the wine cellar as upset Aoi walked away - and closed the door behind. As soon as Reita heard the door being shut, he dropped one of the empty wine bottles he'd picked up and tried opening the door, which of course didn't budge.

"AOI! YOU ING IDIOT, OPEN THE DOOR!" he yelled and banged the door with his fists, but apparently Aoi either didn't hear him or had already walked away.

"Are we locked in...?" Kai whispered.

"That son of a ... What the are we gonna do now?!" Reita said angrily and kicked another empty bottle so hard it crashed against a stone wall and broke into pieces.

...

At the dinner, their father still hadn't showed up since according to the servants, he'd been too busy again. But he wasn't the only one missing - Aoi, Ruki and Uruha were the only ones in the table.

"Where's Reita and Kai?" Ruki asked in confusion.

"That motherer better not touch Kai..." Uruha hissed.

"Oh ", Aoi muttered, remembering he'd shut the door. He quickly stood up and started running. The wine cellar was pretty far away, but since Aoi was a quick runner he reached it quickly and opened it. He saw Kai sitting on the floor, hugging his knees as Reita had wrapped his arm around him so that he wouldn't start crying.

As soon as Reita saw Aoi, he stood up, glared deadly at him and then punched him so hard he was thrown on the floor. Reita kneeled down, grabbed Aoi by his collar and yelled: "YOU SON OF A ! WHAT THE WERE YOU THINKING?! KAI'S AFRAID OF DARK, Y'KNOW!"

After Aoi had earned another punch, Kai hurried over to Reita and grabbed his arm so that he would stop - even though Kai's powers were nothing compared to Reita. In a normal situation Reita would've pushed Kai away roughly, but because it was Kai, he loosened his grip on Aoi and looked at the younger male.

"It wasn't his fault, he just forgot", Kai said and smiled a little.

"Forgot, my ", Reita hissed and was going to continue, but before he could do so, Aoi punched him - and hard. This started a huge fight, but luckily before it got rough Reita at least pushed Kai away so that he wouldn't get hurt. It didn't take long for Ruki and Uruha arrive and drag Kai away from them.

"But they- " Kai started and looked behind as he was being pulled by Uruha and Ruki, both having one of his hands in their grip.

"They'll be fine! Reita, at least, but I'm actually hoping that Aoi won't", Uruha said.

"Why are you so mad at Aoi?" Ruki asked curiously, not knowing what had happened in the wine cellar. Uruha scowled and hissed: "Don't remind me of it..."

"It's still raining..." Kai muttered.

"What about it?" Ruki asked.

"It's depressing. The clouds are so dark and it's all grey outside..." Kai explained quietly and tightened his hold on Uruha's hand a little. The latter sighed and said: "It's gonna be over soon, Kai, and when it is, we'll go outside."

"By the way, Kai... Where's Bunny?" Kai froze as Ruki asked the question. He had left Bunny in the wine cellar...

Not caring of the calls of his friends, Kai started running back to the wine cellar. He couldn't believe he had forgotten Bunny... He never forgot his plushie! Then again, at that time he'd had more to think of and had ignored Bunny completely. He felt so guilty for forgetting Bunny it nearly brought tears to his eyes!

When he arrived to the wine cellar's door, he saw that Reita and Aoi had stopped fighting and they were sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall. Reita's lip was bleeding, Aoi had a nasty bruise on his upper arm and they were both panting heavily - it seemed like they had stopped just before Kai had arrived.

"What're you doing here?" Reita asked in a voice that was raspy of yelling at Aoi.

"You're bleeding!" Kai gasped and hurried to Reita. Aoi scoffed since Kai ignored him, but didn't say anything.

"It's nothing, Kai, answer my question", Reita said. Kai bit his lip and muttered: "I left Bunny inside the wine cellar."

Reita smiled softly and took the object that had been laying next to him and gave it to Kai. "I noticed you left it so I figured you'd want it back."

"Thank you, Reita!" Kai squealed, squeezing Bunny tightly.

"What's up with it anyway? You carry it around everywhere. Isn't it a bit weird for a sixteen-year old?" Reita asked, eyeing Kai curiously.

"I'm not sixteen yet. I turn in October", Kai corrected. He sat on the floor too and was so close to Reita he was pretty much sitting on his lap. Reita rolled his eyes and repeated the question, now calling Kai a fifteen-year old.

"I've always had it and it's the only thing that reminds me of my parents", Kai answered thoughtfully and leaned against Reita's chest.

"What happened to your parents? Are they dead?" Reita asked bluntly. Suddenly Kai's big eyes filled with fury and he said: "No! They aren't dead! They... They just... They're alive!" He was about to cry when Reita pulled him close and apologized: "Sorry, sorry, I didn't know. They're alive if you say so."

"They're not dead..." Kai repeated quietly and buried his face into Reita's shirt, sobbing quietly. Aoi, who had now just been watching quietly, crawled closer and hugged Kai. Reita was still mad at Aoi, but didn't hit him or push him away since he knew that Kai was upset at the moment.

"What happened?" asked Uruha, who had followed Kai with Ruki.

"Nothing..." Reita replied. Compared to before, he was really calm. His eyes were gentle, he had a soft smile on his lips and he was Kai's back soothingly. And Aoi had his arms wrapped around Kai and he was whispering something into his ear, probably something like 'There, there' or 'It's okay.'

"Get away from him, idiot", Uruha hissed and pulled Kai away from Aoi.

"Seriously, Uru, I'm sorry! You don't have to do that to tell me you're angry!" Aoi said.

"Oh really now?! Excuse me for not wanting him to get by you!" Uruha answered angrily, his voice poisonous and his eyes flaming with anger.

"Let go..." Kai mumbled against Uruha's chest.

"Eh?" was all Uruha could say at the moment. Kai had never told Uruha to let go of him before, especially if he was upset. Whenever Kai was down, he would go to Uruha and not let go of him until he was happy again. But Uruha did as Kai told him to, and the younger male crawled back to Reita's arms.

"He. Look's like I'm better than you", Reita said playfully. He didn't realize how badly it hurt Uruha and the latter ran away with teary eyes. Ruki went after him, and when Aoi was going to do the same he hissed: "You stay out of this. You've done enough."

Ruki found Uruha sobbing from their room, sitting on the bed and his face buried into his knees.

"Uru...? You okay?" Ruki asked as the sat next to the honey-blonde and wrapped his arm around him. Uruha glanced at Ruki and asked quietly: "Am I really that bad? Does he really like Reita more than me?"

"Of course not!" Ruki replied.

"But Reita is better than me. Kai's more comfortable around him... I'm useless, I'm not important to him anymore", Uruha whispered and his hands started shaking slightly.

"That's not true! You're much better than that bastard, everyone knows it. To Kai, you're more important than Bunny. You're the only one he trusts, you're the only one who can comfort him", Ruki insisted and pulled Uruha in for a hug. He half-closed his eyes and added quietly: "He could never let go of you."

"Then why did he tell me to let go...?" Uruha sobbed. "Why did want Reita instead of me?"

"Well, you were really angry at that moment. Maybe he was just scared..." Ruki answered. Suddenly the door opened and Aoi stepped in. Ruki sent him a murderous glare and said: "I thought I told you to stay out of this."

"I'm so sorry, Uruha, Reita didn't mean it like that, he meant it as a joke!" Aoi apologized quickly. He was obviously very worried, but Uruha just glared at him and said: "Get out. And stay away from Kai."

"Uru, please, I- " "GET OUT!" Uruha threw a book at the raven, even though he didn't aim well and it hit the wall just a few inches from the target's terrified face. After muttering one more apologize, Aoi quickly left the room. Uruha was shaking in Ruki's arms and cried against his shoulder.

"It's okay, Uru, he's gone..." Ruki comforted, kissing his friend's hair and his back. Uruha's sobs just became more violent and his tears heavier and he grasped Ruki's shirt tighter.

"I- I hate them... I h- hate them b- both", Uruha said between the hiccups.

"I know, Uru, I know... They're s", Ruki agreed truthfully.

"A- Aoi's just a p- ert who wants to g- get into everyone's pants... A- And I bet Reita's exactly the s- same! W- What if they do something to K- Kai?!" Uruha cried pitifully.

"Shh... Nothing's gonna happen..." Ruki said quietly.

They spent rest of the day in the room, Uruha laying in Ruki's arms as the latter ran his fingers through the honey-blonde hair and read the horror book he had found from the library. At late night, Uruha was getting a bit worried since Kai still wasn't back, but right when Uruha was going to point that out, Kai stormed into the room with a wide, bright smile on his lips.

"I think I'm in love!" he announced happily.

"W- What? With who?" Uruha said sleepily, rubbing his eyes that were red from crying.

"With Reita!" Kai replied. "I'm so happy, I just wanna go to him and hug him and never let go!"

"You can't love him!" Uruha protested. Kai's smile dropped a little and he asked: "Why?"

"Because he only wants to get into your pants!" Uruha said. Kai looked at him innocently and pointed out: "But my pants are too small for him."

"You don't get it, do you?! He's an , he wouldn't give a about you!" Uruha yelled. Kai flinched and backed up a couple of steps. "B- But I love him..."

"What's the point if he doesn't love you back?" Ruki pointed out, now lifting his gaze from the book's pages.

"But he's so nice... He's warm, his voice is soft and his hair is fluffy... He's like a cuddly teddy bear!" Kai said.

"So what?! He isn't nice at all! He hit Ruki, he yelled at you, he took Bunny from you... How the hell can you like him?!" Uruha asked angrily. Kai gave the last glance at him before leaving and muttering: "I thought you'd understand..."

As soon as Uruha realized what he had done, he started crying again. Meanwhile Kai was heading towards Reita's room, also in verge of tears. When he reached the room, he didn't even bother to knock and just entered.

"Kai? What're you doing here?" Reita asked in confusion. Just like Ruki, he'd also been reading on his bed.

"Can I sleep here tonight?" Kai asked shyly, playing with Bunny's ears as he talked - he always did that when he was nervous.

"Why?" Reita asked, scowling at the younger male.

"I had an argument with Ruki and Uruha..." Kai muttered for an answer. Reita raised an eyebrow and said: "You? Got into an argument? With them?"

"Yeah..." Kai said, nodding a little.

"What was it about?" Reita asked curiously. Kai blushed and answered: "Nothing important."

"Fine", Reita sighed. "You can sleep here, but just for tonight." Kai thanked and fell on Reita's bed tiredly.

"Seriously... Out of all people, you got into an argument? I didn't think that would be possible", Reita commented as he put his book away. Kai bit his lip and asked suddenly: "Rei, have you ever been in love with anyone?"

"Well... Not before", Reita replied carefully. Worriedly Kai looked at Reita and said: "So you're in love with someone right now?"

"I guess so", Reita answered, shrugging his shoulders. "What about you?"

"What?" Kai asked quickly. Reita repeated the question. "Are you in love with someone?"

"Y- Yeah..." the younger male muttered nervously.

"Who is it?"

"N- No one important..." Kai muttered, his cheeks pink and his lips in a pout.

"It is someone important if you love them. Give me a clue", Reita said.

"I... don't know how he would react if I said I love him", Kai answered slowly. Reita grinned and said: "You said he. So it's a guy."

"S- So what? Do you have a problem with that?" Kai asked nervously, making Reita laugh and ruffle his hair. "No, Kai, I don't have a problem with that. I love a guy too."

"Who?" Kai asked curiously.

"If you tell me, I'll tell you", Reita replied, his voice having certain stubbornness in it. Kai bit his lip and pondered if he should tell or not.

"I can't tell you... You'd be mad", Kai insisted.

"I promise I won't be mad at you or anyone else. Could you please tell me?" Reita said impatiently. Kai pouted and muttered: "I don't wanna say it."

"Kai, why the hell would I be mad at you?! Just say it!" Reita snapped. Kai flinched, but still didn't tell. Reita sighed and suggested he'd list names and Kai would say if he got it corrected. Kai agreed to this and so Reita started listing.

"Is it Uruha?"

"No."

"... I thought for sure it was him. How about Ruki?"

"No."

"Aoi?!"

"No!"

"Does that someone live in this house?"

"Yes."

"Kai, I know this is hard for you, but... You can't love a plushie that much."

"I don't love Bunny in that way!"

"Then... Me?"

Kai pulled the covers up to his face and nodded while blushing furiously. For a moment, they were both silent and Kai was waiting for a fist to connect his face. But instead, Reita pulled the covers from his face, his cheek lightly and said: "You love me?"

"Yes..." Kai whispered, feeling tears forming in his eyes. Reita smiled softly, leaned closer and pressed their lips together. Kai was shocked, but didn't do anything, just let Reita kiss him. Kai himself didn't really know how to kiss, but he tried his best. After a while of just kissing like that, Reita Kai's lower lip asking for entrance. Poor Kai had no idea what he was supposed to do, so Reita pulled back laughing and said: "You're supposed to open your mouth, Kai."

Without giving Kai a chance to say anything, Reita started kissing him again. This time Kai parted his lips when Reita wanted him to, letting the older male's tongue slip into his mouth. For Kai, kissing was a whole new experience, so feeling someone else's tongue in his mouth felt weird for a while, but then he got used to it and started carefully kissing back.

When Reita broke the kiss, he chuckled and commented: "You're a really bad kisser, y'know."

"It's not my fault, it's my first time!" Kai pouted cutely, making Reita chuckle again and say: "You're so adorable."

"Why did you kiss me?" Kai asked from Reita, who was still hovering above him. Reita smiled and answered: "Because I love you, silly."

"B- But I thought you hated me!" Kai said, his face bright red.

"Sorry... I'm just not very romantic and kinda childish when it comes to those things", Reita apologized awkwardly.

"Oh."

"Well... We should get some sleep now. Tomorrow you'll make up with Ruki and Uruha, okay? And I'll apologize Uruha", Reita said and pulled Kai for an embrace. The latter nodded, and as he closed his eyes and rested his head on Reita's chest, he fell fast asleep hearing the blonde's heartbeat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yaa... I feel really bad for Ruki... And for Uruha... And for Aoi... Only my OTP is saved from sorrow XD (I guess I'm just making up the whole kidnapping-mafia-thing I did to Kai in Bad Luck, Good Luck. And the thing I did to him in Childhood Memories. Damn, I love torturing ukes. But only because semes are always there to save them :3)