Uruha, what is...

Unwanted Love

Kai couldn't sleep that night. Back in the orphanage, he would've climbed into Uruha's bed and slept with him, but now he had no idea where Uruha was. Of course he could've slept with Ruki, but the latter wouldn't wake up. And if he wasn't aware of Kai sleeping next to him, Kai wouldn't feel protected and still wouldn't be able to sleep.

And so, he left the room to search for Uruha. It was really scary, wandering in the halls of the dark and big mansion as the moonlight crawled in through the massive windows, causing the scary shadows Kai always thought were some kinds of monsters.

Why did I leave? Now I'm looooost... Kai thought in panic. The only thing that kept him sane was Bunny, who he was tightly holding against his chest. He was in verge of tears and let out a sob. Maybe someone will find me and take me back to the bedroom, he thought, but doubted anyone would find him - it was in the middle of the night.

"Kid. What're you doing here?" said a deep, dark voice that made Kai jump of scare. He turned around to see a tall man gazing at him.

"U- Um..." Kai stuttered. "I couldn't sleep, s- so I started looking for my friend, a- and... I got lost."

"Why wasn't he in your room?" the man asked.

"I- I don't know... after dinner, he went somewhere with Aoi and... Um... Can I ask who you are?" Kai glanced at the man in fear. Who was he? A servant? A murderer? A ghost?

"I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Gackt, I adopted you three", the man answered and for the first time smiled. Kai couldn't believe it. Maybe they didn't share the same blood or anything, but this man, Gackt, was his father now.

"Oh! I'm... I'm Kai", Kai said. Gackt chuckled and said: "I know."

"So you've already befriended Aoi and Reita", Gackt muttered. Kai wondered if he should tell Gackt about Reita or not. In the orphanage, it was no good if you told about bullies. No one would do anything about it, and you'd just get bullied more. Still, Kai decided to tell.

"Yes... But Reita isn't very nice." As Gackt heard this, he started laughing. Kai looked at him in confusion and shock, and the older male explained: "Reita's always like that in the beginning. When he meets a person, he first mocks them and snaps at them, but eventually he softens up and his true personality comes up."

"And what exactly is his true personality?" Kai asked curiously.

"A jerk who likes chocolate and cute things", Gackt answered bluntly.

"Isn't that mean to say about your own son?" Kai pointed out, pouting cutely.

"Aoi and Reita are not my sons. You see, when Aoi was eight he ran away from his home. He started living in the streets and met 6-year old Reita, who'd also ran away. Aoi started taking care of him as his little brother, and they managed to live by stealing for eight years. Two years ago they tried stealing from me, and I pitied them so I took them in", Gackt answered and smiled softly.

"Oh... So you don't have own kids at all?" Kai said.

"No, I'm afraid I couldn't have any children of my own."

"Why?"

"I don't have a woman to bear me a child", Gackt explained. "Although I do have a wife. Kind of."

"What do you mean kind of?" Kai looked at Gackt both curiously and innocently, wondering why Gackt couldn't have a child even if he had a wife.

"My wife isn't a woman", Gackt replied. Kai tilted his head a bit to left. A wife... who wasn't a woman? But men were called husbands, right? But Gackt was a man, he couldn't have a husband, right?

"So I don't have a mommy?" Kai asked cutely.

"C'mon, I'll take you to your room. You must be tired", Gackt said and led Kai back to his bedroom, which had actually been really close by. This time Kai fell asleep quickly, and when he woke up Ruki was already awake, reading a book on his bed.

Kai sat up and rubbed his eyes cutely. He yawned, gazing at Ruki sleepily, and asked: "Hasn't Uruha still returned?"

"No..." Ruki answered, a shade of bitterness in his tone.

"Why is Ruki so mad?" Kai asked.

"I'm not mad... at you, at least", Ruki muttered. Kai had no time to open his mouth before Ruki threw the book on his bed and walked to the door.

"Rukiiiii~! Where are you going~?" Kai asked, following Ruki like a puppy.

"I'm gonna go find Uruha. I've got something to talk about with him..." Ruki replied. Now he really seemed mad.

"But he's probably sleeping... It's still early", Kai pointed out.

"I don't care."

Kai followed Ruki, who somehow knew where Aoi's room was. Ruki slammed the door open and yelled as loud as he could: "WHAT THE , URUHA?!"

Both Aoi and Uruha sat up, and Uruha looked like he'd thought the world was going to end or something.

"Um... Hi", was all Uruha could come up to say.

"Any explanation for this?" Ruki hissed in a voice that was dangerously low.

"He couldn't find his room, and it was already late so I let him sleep here", Aoi lied quickly. Ruki didn't seem to believe this, and stormed out of the room angrily. Not knowing if he should stay here or follow Ruki, Kai paced between two decisions and ended up staying in the room, figuring Ruki wanted time alone. He looked at Uruha innocently and asked: "What's wrong with Ruki...?"

"I don't know... And you can let go of me", Uruha answered and sent a glare to Aoi, who was holding him close to his chest and inhaling the scent of his hair. "But Uru... You smell so good..."

"I've heard that excuse before!" Uruha snapped, but didn't even bother to try get from Aoi's grip.

"If you want me to let go, why aren't you struggling?" Aoi purred into his ear. Uruha blushed and started struggling, but just made Aoi laugh and pull him even closer. Kai, of course, had no idea what was going on between those two and was wondering why they acted so weird. He didn't have time to ask anything before the door flew open and Reita stepped in.

"What the hell are those two doing here?" he hissed angrily.

"Oh, nothing..." Aoi answered smugly. Uruha didn't exactly like being in Aoi's arms, but he had to admit it was extremely comfortable. And it could be seen from his relaxed position as he gave up and leaned against Aoi's chest, making the latter satisfied.

"And moreover, why was that midget crying?" Reita asked. Uruha's expression changed immediately and his body became nothing like relaxed as he asked: "What do you mean crying?"

"I dunno, he just ran out of the room and was crying", Reita explained, annoyed of... well, pretty much everything.

"Why was Ruki crying...?" Kai muttered worriedly. He wanted to leap into Uruha's arms and feel his hand his hair, but he figured it would've seemed very weird.

"I don't ing know, I don't care!" Reita yelled - a little too loud since this time Kai really did find himself from Uruha's arms. Aoi seemed pretty surprised by having two guys in his embrace, but in the end smirked as he realized what that would mean. Okay, it automatically didn't mean , but a man can always have dreams, right?

Reita sighed and ran his fingers through his hair as Aoi still was smirking in his dirty thoughts. The nosebanded blonde sent him a glare, knowing what he was thinking, and said: "You know, Aoi, isn't one enough?"

"Nothing's enough for me", Aoi replied. Kai had no idea what they were talking about, but Uruha had a small hint of it and he snapped: "Don't you even think about it! You ert!"

"I don't know what you're talking about", Aoi lied smoothly.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! Hands off him!" Uruha hissed and slapped away Aoi's hand, which was resting on Kai's back.

"Whaaaat~? He came to me, it's not my fault!" Aoi exclaimed.

"You ert!" Uruha repeated, stood up from the bed and took Kai's hand to drag him away from the room. "C'mon, Kai, let's get outta here and find Ruki."

"Oh, okay!"

...

Meanwhile Ruki was sitting in the garden, leaning against a tree next to pretty bushes of flowers. He was crying, his knees were pulled up to his chest and his face covered by them.

"Hey, kid. You 'kay?" someone asked suddenly. Quickly Ruki lifted his gaze to see a man smiling in front of him. He had a black hair and his exposed arms had tattoos on them.

"I- I'm fine", Ruki lied and wiped away the tears. The man chuckled and sat next to him. He examined Ruki with his eyes and said: "You must be Kai, huh?"

"Kai? Why'd you think I'm Kai?" Ruki asked curiously.

"You aren't? Everyone said Kai's the cutest one, so I figured you were him", the man said. "I'm Miyavi, by the way. I'm kind of like your mother or something like that, but I gotta warn you, I'm not good at that kind of stuff."

Ruki snorted and introduced himself.

"Aah, I should've known! You're the short guy!" Miyavi laughed.

"Who said I'm short?!"

"Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. You're just really short", Miyavi apologized, still smiling. "So, why were you crying?"

"I- I wasn't crying!" Ruki stuttered.

"Oh, really now? Then what were you doing?" Miyavi asked sarcastically. After a lot of stuttering and thinking, Ruki admitted he'd been crying.

"And the reason?" Miyavi asked.

"It's... It's just that Uruha and Kai already must feel like this is a home. They talk to Reita and Aoi, they seem really happy... But I don't feel like this is home at all - not to offend you or anything. This place is too big, too fancy for me. Don't get me even started on Reita and Aoi!" Ruki blurted and tears started forming in his eyes again. Miyavi, who'd been listening carefully, now said: "Reita and Aoi aren't that bad when you get to know to them. And you'll get used to the mansion, it took some time from me too."

"For any other orphan, getting adopted should be an amazing thing to happen... Why is it so hard for me?" Ruki asked quietly.

"You'll manage, I'm sure of it." Miyavi smiled and placed his hand on Ruki's shoulder soothingly. "It'll be fine."

"You think so?" Ruki lifted his gaze up to Miyavi, who nodded and answered: "Yeah. Reita and Aoi are great guys, you'll grow to love them."

...

Three days passed, and Uruha and Kai could now truly think the mansion as their home, while Ruki still hadn't gotten used to it. Their father still hadn't showed up, and Kai didn't tell anyone about meeting him.

It was a cold, stormy night and all five of them were sitting in Reita's room with countless blankets and pillows.

"Why did you all come here again?" Reita asked, his eyes telling he was frustrated.

"Uruha and especially Kai got scared of the thunder, so they came to my room. Because Ruki was alone in the room, he got scared too and came to my room as well, and even though my room is pretty big, it didn't have enough space for four people, so we came here", Aoi explained. He again had both Uruha and Kai in his arms, but this time they were scared to death because of the thunder and lightning.

"Seriously..." Reita muttered. "I guess it's time for ghost stories, then!"

"G- G- Ghost stories?" Kai stuttered in absolute fear.

"Yeah. You scared?" Reita smirked.

"It's already thundering, you can't scare him even more!" Uruha protested - besides, he was really scared too.

"Fine, but what will we do then? There's just one bed, and I'm pretty sure you won't be able to sleep anyway", Reita asked.

"Question game..." Kai muttered.

"What?" Reita and Aoi asked at the same time in confusion.

"We ask questions from each other and get to know to each other by doing so", Kai explained and nearly jumped as a lightning hit again. He pressed closer against Aoi, and felt Uruha's hold tighten on him.

"Fine, we'll play the question game... 'kay, Uruha, what's your favourite food?" Reita asked bluntly.

"Spaghetti... What's your favourite colour, Aoi?"

"Isn't it obvious? Blue, of course. Kai, what's your biggest fear?"

"Um... Thunder, lightning, ghosts, serial killers, darkness, ghost stories, Reita, the mean lady in the orphanage-" "WAIT, wait what?! Why am I in the list?!" Reita asked way before Kai could finish.

"Because you're scary", Kai muttered and buried his face into Aoi's shirt. Reita sighed and told Kai to go on. After finishing with the HUGE list, Kai asked Aoi: "What is your favourite animal?"

The questions continued about an hour, and they actually had fun as they came up with a bit crazier questions (For example: Which one would you choose, shared brains with Kai or shared body with Uruha) Eventually, when it was way past midnight, Kai had fallen asleep. It was really weird, since usually he couldn't sleep when it was thundering.

They were more relaxed now, even Ruki and Reita. Uruha and Kai were still in Aoi's protective arms, even though Uruha wasn't really scared anymore.

"So, how did you end up in an orphanage?" Reita asked.

"Ruki's and mine parents abandoned us when we were still babies, and we met in the orphanage and started taking care of each other. No one knows about Kai's parents. He was just found from a street, crying alone. His parents probably abandoned him too, or maybe died, but he doesn't want to believe that", Uruha explained sadly.

"Poor you", Aoi commented and playfully pulled Uruha closer. As Aoi moved, Kai mumbled in his sleep: "Reita..."

Everyone stared at him in shock. With wide eyes, Ruki stuttered: "He... he's having a dream of R- Reita?"

"Looks like my embrace isn't good enough for him, then", Aoi joked as Kai repeated.

"And what do you suggest, putting him sleep in my arms instead?" Reita asked sarcastically.

"Yes. He's having a dream of you, it's just fair he sleeps with you." Aoi smirked at Reita competitively. "Besides, I bet it'd be more comfortable for him to sleep in your strong, muscular arms that could protect him from anything and everything."

"You and your cheesy dialogues..." Reita muttered bitterly. "What are you, Shakespeare?!"

...

When Kai woke up, he sure was in Reita's arms. But that was because he was in everyone's arms. They'd all fitted in one bed and Kai was in middle of everyone. On his right side, there was Ruki and on his left side there was Uruha. Reita had reached his arm over Ruki so that Kai was pretty much in both of their's embrace and Aoi was embracing Uruha, whose arms were tightly around Kai.

Next one to wake up was Ruki, and when he noticed Reita's arm over him, he screamed and kicked the latter out of the bed. Reita immediately started yelling at him and Ruki took Kai as a shield to protect him. All this noise woke Aoi and Uruha up, and they just watched calmly until Uruha noticed Ruki was using Kai as a shield, and he took Kai from Ruki and gave a nice, hard whack on the short male's head.

"Seriously... It's morning and the whole place is still in chaos", Aoi commented and ran his fingers through his hair. They suddenly realized that the storm was nowhere near end as a lighting hit and Kai jumped straight into Aoi's arms - Reita and Ruki were way too scary at the moment and Uruha already was in Aoi's arms.

"I guess we'll be spending the day inside, then", Uruha sighed.

"Well, there's a lot of stuff you can do inside. In bedroom...In bed..." Aoi teased, whispering these words into Uruha's ear and making him blush furiously.

"Stop molesting him, he's practically your brother", Reita snapped.

"Of course! I'm making Ruki and Kai jealous if they don't get it too! Ruki, come to papa's arms too!" Aoi said cheerfully.

"You're my brother, not my father! And no way in hell!" Ruki screamed.

"Whaaat~? But it's so comfortable. Right, Kai?" Aoi insisted. Kai actually thought it was pretty comfortable, so he nodded.

"As I said... No. Way. In. Hell", Ruki repeated.

"Such a shame... The more kids play the game, the more fun it is", Aoi said and smirked ertedly. Again, Kai had no idea what he talked about, but Uruha smacked his head and hissed: "Shut up, you e!"

"I'm not that much older than you!" Aoi whined and rubbed the spot Uruha had hit, pretending it hurt like hell.

"You did say 'come to papa's'", Reita pointed out. Aoi snorted and said: "But unlike me, es aren't hot young men who charm every single lady - and not only ladies, but beautiful men too."

"Only people you charm are those old men craving for pretty boys", Reita said sarcastically.

"Uruha, what is a e?" Kai asked innocently.

"I hope you'll never find out", Uruha answered.

"Is Aoi a e?" Kai asked cutely.

"No, he's not", Ruki sighed.

"But he said- " "Kai, if you believe every single word Aoi says, you'll end up getting ", Reita interrupted. Kai cocked his head to his left and asked with big puppy eyes: "What does mean?"

"That's also something I wish you'll never find out", Uruha answered.

"I could show you, though", Aoi purred, pulling Kai closer to his chest. Angrily Uruha took Kai from Aoi and the latter earned another whack on his head. Uruha glared at him and yelled: "Don't you dare touch him!"

"It was just a joke!" Aoi whined.

"Yeah, right", Uruha said and kept Kai as far away from Aoi as possible.

"You say that just 'cause you wanna be by me", Aoi said. And that's the story how he got hit in his head three times in row.

"Stop arguing already! It's annoying", Reita commented. "And Aoi, quit being so erted. You're freaking them out."

"But Uruha wants it anyway!" Aoi insisted.

"Why would someone want to have with you?!" Reita yelled.

"Uruha... What is ?" Kai asked. Uruha sighed. This was going to be a loooooooooong day...