Chapter 18; Hide the stars in the dark for there is a thief on the lose!

The Last Encore


(CHAERIN’S POV)

It was already dark out and most of the employees already went home for today. There was still a couple of trainees in the studios, but I was glad that I was finally going home. My dance teacher definitely did not go easy on me, but on a positive note I learned a lot from him. I just felt bad for Jin having to wait while standing in one spot the entire time. In fact, I don’t even think he moved from that spot since we got there. When I told Jin that it would be fine if he just dropped me off in front of the elevator, he insisted walking with me until we were in front of my door. After saying good night, I went in and I could hear voices coming from the T.V. in the living room. Miyoung must have been waiting for me, I thought.

“Wow, you’re home late for the first time. How did it go?” She asked as I made my way to the kitchen. I went to grab a glass of cold water and leaned in front of the small island facing the living room.

“It was really good. Keone is an awesome teacher and a great choreographer.” She then muted the T.V. and turned around facing me with a surprised expression.

“Keone? As in the Keone Madrid? You—he’s your teacher?” O_O

I simply hummed a yes because I was busy searching for a knife to cut the apple I took from the fruit bowl that sat on top of the island. I was hungry ever since I was at practice because Keone and I didn’t even stop for one. We would occasionally take 5 minute breaks to drink water and use the bathroom, but we didn’t even stop to bother about eating.

The next thing I knew, Miyoung’s face was close to mine.
“Oh geez, Best. I know we’re close and all, but haven’t you heard of personal space?” O_O I said as I backed up a bit.

“Keone Madrid? Oh man you have to take me with you next time. You know that I consider him one of my top favs!”

“Yeah I know, but I didn’t even know he was my teacher until he came into the room. He also told me that he was currently working with a YG artist, umm what was his name? Sun?”

“Taeyang?!” I took a bite of the apple and nodded. -munch- “Yeah him. Big Bang, right?”

“Ugh I’m so jealous, you really have to take me with you okay? I’ve been wanting to take part of Taeyang’s comeback. There’s an audition in two weeks!”

-gulp- “Sure, but you have to promise me one thing, though.” She nodded. “No crazy fan girl. You can be Miyoung the dancer, but no crazy fan girl. Please? I’d like him to think that you’re not just his fan, but a serious dancer.”

“Tch. Of course! Haha xD Anyway Best, I’m heading off to bed now. I’ll see you in the morning?”

“Yup and I’m making breakfast, so wake up hungry.” ^_^

I took the bowl of apples, my glass of water and headed for my room. Just then, the doorbell rang. Miyoung came right back out of her room while I stood in the middle of the hallway wondering who could be visiting at this time. It was already 1:30am.

“The heck? Who would be coming this late?” She complained. Whoever it was, the person kept on insisting for us to open up because they wouldn’t stop ringing in. Frustrated, Miyoung stomped towards the door and peeked through the peephole.

“Yah! If you’re going to doorbell at least show your face!” She yelled, but there was no response from the other side. I started getting nervous and told Miyoung to just ignore it, but then the door bell continued to ring.

“Oh Hell nah! Motha F—” ??? Miyoung unlocked the door, but left the door chain on.

“W-who is it?” I asked, as I slowly made my way behind Miyoung to take a peek. Even though I was much taller than Miyoung, I couldn’t see very well from where I was standing.

“There’s a package on the floor, but there’s no one there. This is definitely freaky.”
Freaky indeed! You only see this kind of situation in movies. Who would do this? I thought to myself.

I told her to just leave it alone and go to sleep, but we’re talking about Miyoung here. She loves to meddle in, especially if there’s a mysterious reason behind it. As she closed the door leaving the door chain on, and she slid quickly to the floor and grabbed the package.

Since the hallway light didn’t do us much good, we headed back to the kitchen because it had better lighting. She examined the package and written in big, bold black lettering was my name. We then looked at each other in confusion. Who was it from and why did it have to be so mysterious?

She finally broke the seal, but then the door bell rang again. “Okay this is getting even more weird.” She was irritated, while I was trying hard not to freak out. “Le-let’s not open it, please?” I pleaded, but the the person kept ringing the bell. Miyoung this time took it to the extreme and starting cursing as she forcible opened the door.

“Mwo yah?!! (뭐야?!)”

“What did you just say?!! (뭐라고?!)”

O__O “Un-unni?! OMO! Sorry, we’re sorry.” I started bowing repeatedly in front of her while Miyoung did the same. Her face turned red from the embarrassing outburst.

“Yah! What’s gotten into you Miyoung, huh?” Miyoung kept her head down, avoiding eye contact.

“Unni, she didn’t mean it. It’s just that someone kept ringing the doorbell, but when we finally opened it there was no one there.”

“What?! Quickly, let me in and lock your door, shut your blinds, curtains, everything!”

Okay this night is certainly becoming more like a horror flick.

“Wh—wait why? What’s going on?” We both asked, but she forced herself inside leadnig us to the living room. She then asked us to sit down and she did the same.

“There had been some rumors. Rumors concerning you, Rin.” She looked at me and then sighed. Miyoung asked for me because I wasn’t following to her warning.

“Remember the article about you and Khun? Well they somehow connected it to your incident with 2AM. Your face is blurred out of course, but whoever posted this blog certainly knows it was you.”

She handed us a paper from her bag which was the printed article. Miyoung read it aloud while I kept staring at the pictures on it. It was me with Khun on the bench and the other was with 2AM in the market. Nancy was right, whoever took this picture was close, but why didn’t I notice anything?

Breaking news: Mysterious girl who was last seen with 2PM member NichKhun is also seen with 2AM. A source tells us that she was filming a program with 2AM. Does that mean she is working with Mnet? Or is there something much bigger than that?

What the heck?!”

Nancy continued to speak, but I was immersed in my own thoughts that I completely disregarded what she was saying. Suddenl,y Miyoung’s hands, waving them, were front of my face.

“ChaeRinah! Are you okay? Hey.”

“I’m sorry, it’s just how is this happening? Why is this happening to me?” Tears started to blur my vision.

“Rin don’t worry, I notified Mr. Park and he’ll be coming here on Thursday. We believe there is someone following you and Jin has been sensing it. Unfortunately, nothing concrete has come to our attention, but I assure you that you’re safe.”
Nancy wiped my tears from my cheeks and started rubbing my back.

“I just can’t believe this is happening. She hasn’t even debuted yet and there’s already a stalker?” Miyoung seem to be more upset than I was. Maybe it was because most of my concerns were for Khun and 2AM. I’m worried that whoever this person is might be following them too and that’s something I can’t forgive myself. If something happens to them it would be difficult for me to know I’m okay when they aren’t.

“I need to call Khun Oppa and Jinwoon.” I stood up from the couch and headed for my room.

“Call them? What for?” Nancy asked as she followed me to my room. Well for one, I should ask them if they know what’s happening. And second, I wanted to apologize. Why? Because I’m no one of importance, but they are.

“ChaeRinah…” I turned around to see Miyoung with a sullen expression with the package in her hand.

“What is it?” I had my phone near my ear, waiting for Khun to pick up, but then she showed me what the package had inside. I dropped my phone on the floor and quickly grabbed the photos from her. One by one I examined them. They were photos of me, places I’ve been, even photos of me in the confounds of the company, and the rest were taken outside of the building. The two that caught my attention the most was the ones of me with 2AM and Khun with Junho; when they both were carrying me to the bench.

Nancy also looked through them, while Miyoung came to my side because she was worried that I might start crying again.

Nancy quickly took her phone out and called Jin. As she makes the call, I could see her worries coming true and I’m scared for it.

“Don’t worry Rin we’ll take care of this.” She whispers a second before Jin finally picked up his phone and greeted himself to her.

“Yeah best, don’t worry too much about it. They’ll catch him.”

I don’t know what to say or do anymore. I slowly crawled to my bed and shriveled up into a ball while the tears started to collect above my bottom eyelids.

Will I really be okay? Please God, let this be a dream. Soon enough I fell asleep, praying to God that everything will be all right when I wake up in the morning. All I can do now is go to sleep and hope for the best.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(JINWOON’S POV)

“Oh Jinwoonie didn’t get enough sleep last night?” Kim Na Young asked as she sat next to me for make-up. Seulong and I were at the WGM studio, but instead of looking forward to it, I was too tired to even film. Last night I couldn’t sleep at all because of what was happening with ChaeRin and these rumors. Not to mention that Khun and Junho got in big trouble with the new CEO, but I don’t get why he was around. He rarely comes to visit and I’ve never seen him step foot into the dorm building.

And then there’s ChaeRin, who I haven’t seen her around lately except for Miyoung, but she told me that it would be in my best interest to lay low for a while. She told me about the photos, the mysterious doorbells and even the whole stalker theory. If this is the same guy last time, I’m worried what he’ll do next. If he can get that close to her, he might try to do something more serious. But what can I do? After our manager heard what’s been going on, he too also agreed that laying low and not contacting ChaeRin would be the best for both parties.

“All right guys, 5 minutes until filming.” The producer came into the make-up room and announced that it was time for us to get into our seats. Seulong came in and put his hands on my shoulders and looked at me through the mirror.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure she’s fine. I hear that her bodyguard is on 24/7 watch and that Jinyoung hyung is coming back from New York to settle this out.” ^_^

“Yeah you’re right. Let’s hope that it stops before it gets any worse.”