Lunchtime

First Love [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Narrator POV]

You hurried outside looking like a mess. You had a piece of toast stuck in your mouth, your hair hanging loose (though it was usually tied up) as you hauled your bag over your shoulder, locked your front door and ran down the stairs to the street. You checked your phone for the time – 8:15am – gasping at how late you were going to be since school started at 8:30am and started to run for dear life. You constantly checked your watch every time you were stopped at a pedestrian crossing, waiting for the light to turn green before hurrying along again.

Soon the gates of the school loomed up in the distance and you put on a burst of speed before the bell rang. You stood inside of the gates with minutes to spare, pulling in a deep lungful of air while bent over. Students who were still milling about stared and pointed at you, giggles from the girls and smirks from the boys. You ignored them and brushed down your uniform, straightening your skirt and pulling your bag higher onto your shoulder before walking to your homeroom. Lucky you got to school on time before the disciplinary teacher came to hustle the students to go to class and risk detention. What a morning – all because you slept through your alarm.

Walking to your locker, you heard whispers that didn’t sound very quiet at all. “Did you see them this morning?” “YEAH! They were hanging around HER locker and one of them put something in there.” “OOH~ What was it?” “Dunno, didn’t see it.” “Ah, but aren’t they hot?” “I know right!” “I wonder what they want with HER.” You normally ignored these kinds of gossiping but this time they were all looking your way as you made for your locker. You wondered what they were talking about and feared for the worst. Pulling out the key, you gingerly turned the lock and cautiously opened it. But nothing popped out at you and it didn’t look like someone messed it up. There was only a white folded note inside.

“Hmm? What’s this?” You muttered and took it out, opening the paper slowly. Inside a message was scrawled neatly saying, “Meet me outside on the school oval at lunch. You promised me a week so I want to hang out with you today~ Zelo<3.” You stared at it as the bell rung for homeroom and quickly stuffed it into your pocket, pulling out books and closing the locker. You hurried towards the classroom and sat at your regular seat in the centre of the room. It couldn’t have been more inconvenient than ever sitting in the centre, the focus of attention for everyone. You sighed and crossed your arms as the rest of your class filed in and sat at their allocated seats. The morning classes went by with the bell signalling the beginning of lunch. The boys went outside to the basketball courts, others to the canteen; some pulled their desks together to eat lunch while you sat alone. You took out the crumpled note from your pocket and re-read it again, looking out the window to see if you could find him. Unable to see over people’s heads, you stood up and took out a lunchbox before walking out the classroom to the school oval.

Once outside you looked around, looking for that particular head of blue hair. A gust of wind blew your own hair over your eyes and after it passed, a familiar – no, VERY familiar face was only inches from your own. Speak of the devil. Zelo smiled at you, his ears going pink before he grabbed your right hand that wasn’t holding the lunchbox and took you to where his hyungs were sitting by the trees. Oh dear, you thought, time to meet his friends. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter