Episode 2: High School

Destined Romance

I walked on the path to school, actually I followed a map that my aunt had drawn out for me the day before.

I was looking all around the streets and everywhere I looked it was beautiful. How nice to live in a place like this, I thought.

Five minutes later I spotted the sign. "Hangkyung High School?" I said looking at the map and back at the sign.

'Yep, thats it' the voice in my head said.

"Fair then" I said stepping into the campus.

"Miss Hwang" a voice called from the entrance gates. I didn't recognize who it was.

It was a man about his 50's coming near me.

"Miss Hwang. I heard from your aunt what tragic story happened" he said. "She also notified me that you have some memory loss. So i've informed all the teachers with your classes about your problem" he said sternly.

'He must be the principal' the voice in my head said.

'So he must be' I answered the voice.

"I shall give you the map to the school and your sceduele. If you ever get lost, come to this bottom floor room and I'll give you directions" he said as he pointed to the small room across the way.

"Okay. Thank you" I said and walked away. As I entered campass something felt so familiar to me.

"Ryyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuu!" a voice said behind me.

"Eh?" I turned and was soon tackled by an unknown figure.

'what the hell? That totally caught me off guard!' the inner voice spoke immidiantly.

I turned to look at the figure. It was a young looking girl, quite short.

"Ryumin, I knew you would have forgotten me, I hope I can jog a bit of a memory" she said.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I don't have a clue who you are" I said to the girl.

"Aw." she looked sad then turned to the man behind her.

"Daehyun, she can't remember us at all" she said pouting upset like.The man she spoked to was standing tall sticking his hands in his pocket and slouching. Some cool guy he must have been.

"Hyosung, she's not gonna remember us because she had that accident" Daehyun said.

"Aw, but our pour Ryu can't remember! What to do?!" she said hitting her head.

Daehyun ignored the girls idiotic reactions and went up to me.

"Ryu, thats what we called you before. I'm Daehyun. I was your friend from kindergarden, remember?" he said putting in a little sympothy in his words.

It killed me, he obviously was trying hard to see through to her. And worse, he was supposed to be her friend since childhood?

"Hello Daehyun. I'm sorry that I don't remember you. You seem like a great guy" I said. I could see a smile appear on his face,

"Well anyways lets introduce you to some of your other friends" Hyosung said as she grabbed hold of my hands.

"Ah wait" I said suddenly.

She dragged me inside of the school. It was nice and big, full of friendly students going off on their day.

"Wow this school is big" I said.

"You really can't remember anything?" Hyosung said to herself.

She dragged me into a class room where it was empty except one small part of the room where a group of people was near.

"C'mon." she pulled me. "This is the group of friends you had before-" she said.

"Ryumin!" a bunch of girls screamed as they ran to me hugging me.

"Girls! Ryu doesn't remember us. We need to act like were starting new" Hyosung informed the others.

"Oh" one said. "Hello I'm Ji eun" she smiled.

"Hello I'm Hana! But call me Zinger" she said.

"I'm Sunhwa" she smiled.

I greeted each of them then I turned to the others in the group. They were all boys.

"Ryumin, were so glad your alive" one said. "I'm Youngjae" he greeted.

"Hello, I'm Jongup" another said approuching me. Then a tall man next to Jongup stood up and hugged me.

"Hiya Ryumin-noona. Remember me i'm Junhong!" he said almost like an innocent child.

"Hello. I'm sorry Junhong. I can't remember much" she said.

"Aw" he sighed.

"I'm Himchan" a guy sitting on the chair said.

"And i'm Yongguk" another guy said.

"Hello everyone. I'm sorry I can't remember, but I can tell we must have been good friends" I said.

"Hey its Daehyun!" Himchan said looking over me to the door. I turned around and there was the boy from before.

"Ah, Daehyun, where were you" Sunhwa spoke up.

"Aish- that crazy women over there was walking so damn fast" he pointed to Hyosung. She giggled then laughed loudly.

"Aish- crazy" he said dropping his bag onto his desk.

"Well as long as we still have time til class, we should talk guys" Hyosung encouraged as she sat next to Himchan.

I was sure they were dating. "Okay what do you want to discuss about" Youngjae said.

"Oh! Did you guys wanna go camping?!" Sunhwa asked.

"Eh? When and where?" Hana asked.

"My father owns a beach house. He told me I can invite all you guys to come along, maybe on the weekend or something" she suggested.

"Isn't that like a two hour drive to the beach?" Himchan asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" she pointed out.

"Well thats like wasting a whole day" he wined.

"Pabo, were gonna leave on a Friday right after school" Hyosung said hitting his head.

"Right, we shall leave on a Friday so we can spare the weekend" Sunhwa said pointing to the sky.

"Oh-beach" Ji eun thought. "Man, I dont wanna get another sun burn. Remember last time we went to the beach for the outing?" Ji eun said.

"Yeah, we had to all put medicine on you and put you in an ice bath" Jongup said laughing.

"Hey that wasn't funny" she pouted.

"Noona, it was pretty funny" Zelo said.

"Fine, whatever beach" she gave in crossing her arms to her chest.

"Its settled. Your coming too right Daehyun?" Sunhwa asked turning to him. He was spaced out not even listening to a word she said.

"Pabo!" she said hitting him.

"Aish- what?" he said rubbing his head.

"So-Ryu are you coming with us?" Hyosung asked pressing herself close to me.

I swear I felt clostrophobic around this girl.

"I suppose. Maybe" I said.

"Yeah!' Hyosung said.

"Great, I'll message you all the details" Sunhwa said.

"Wait, I don't have an email" I said looking helpless.

"Don't worry unnie, we'll help set one up for you" Ji eun said holding a notebook up with a pen.

"Heres my email" she said putting it on the paper.

"Everyone put your email" Ji eun said as she handed it to Yongguk.

"Ah- It's too early" Yongguk wined.

" it up dude" Ji eun said shoving the paper in his face,

"Ah- you're lucky your on my good side today" he said taking the paper.

"I should always be on your good side" Ji eun said turning.

"Ooh~ she got you there" Himchan said poking fun at Yongguk.

 

Normal P.O.V:

"Daehyun-ah" Hyosung said to him.

"What" he replied.

"Why are you so angry?" she asked.

"I'm not. That's how I always am" he said simply.

"Look, is it about Ryu's ex-boyfriend?" she asked him. He paused and looked at the sly women.

"OH! I knew it it is!" she whispered to him.

"Whatever. He's not with her anymore" he said looking out the window.

"Doesn't that mean you should be happy?" she asked him poking him.

"Ah women why are you bugging me about it. I just didn't like the guy. You've been friends with Ryu too since kindergarden. You know that that guy was a jerk to her" he said.

"Hm- you sure you weren't just jealous of the guy?" Hyosung smirked. Daehyun sighed then pushed Hyosungs face away.

"Step meddling with me why dont you. Go by your boyfriend he must be lonely as hell" he said.

"Whatever mr. grumpy pants" she said walking away.

Daehyuns head hurt. He had feelings toward Ryu. But he didn't know what the exact feelings were. Was it friendship? Sympothy? Or was it more then any of those combined...was it love?

 

A/N: So, that was the end of Episode 2. How are you guys enjoying it? Leave a comment and feel free to let your emotions out.