Episode 1: Hospital Room

Destined Romance

Inside the white room, inside the place where souls are brought into the world, and a place where they are forgoten and left behind.

They called it the white room, the thoughts inside my head. They told me that I was in my own mind, speaking to them as if they were my inner self.

"She isn't responding, should we pull the plug?" I could here a voice beside me. It sounded like a middle aged women.

"Ani- I believe she can pull through herself, she did survuve that accident" another voice said, one that sounded male.

Accident? What accident? Did something happen?

The voices began responding to me as I could feel their energy surround me.

'they don't know...they can't understand us' one of the voices in my head spoke.

I wanted to answer badly but I couldn't manage to form the words out of my mouth. So the voices in my head continued talking.

'If they pull the plug now, you're finished. You'll never see the world that you were brought into, you'll never be human again' the voice said.

Be human again? What was the voice telling me? I couldn't understand what the words meant but I knew that I was at risk of dying.

'how?' I thought hard. 'how can I survive?' I asked the inner me.

Suddently the darkness in my mind cleared as I could see color. The color my brain saw as "yellow". It shined deep as the sun, and It brought my eyes to open.

-Beep Beep-

"Doctor! She's awake!" the women replied watching my body.

"Thank heavens, I knew she could do it" the doctor said approuching me.

I shoke as he approuched, I didn't know who he was, or how I ended up here.

"How are you? Are you hungry? Are you wide awake?" he asked me as I looked around the room.

I placed my hands on the side of my body and tried to get up off the bed. But then I was pushed down immidiantly.

"Please stay, your body is not well enough to move" the nurse said. She was right, I couldn't even move my legs, it felt like a boulder was on it.

But no, I didn't want to obey her orders, I didn't want to stay in this unknown room. What the hell was I doing here?

"No, I want to leave now. I want to leave. I don't know who you people are but I want to leave" I shouted.

'Calm down, theres no need to fight the nurses. They're only protecting you from damaging your body' the voice in my head spoke.

I stopped urging to leave and became obidient at once. But I was pissed, I couldn't help feeling rage. I was trapped and couldn't leave, almost as if this was my own bottomless hell.

The nurse came closer to me, she seemed quite alert now that I threw a fit.

"What is your name miss" she asked me.

"Hwang....Ryumin" i said. Honestly I didn't know myself. But the voice inside me told me that was my name.

"Okay miss Hwang. We will run test with you today and right after we will let you off, if thats what you please?" she asked.

"Um..yes thats fine. But why exactly am I here?" I asked,

She stared at me with concern then came up and hugged me.

"My dear, you cannot remember at all?" she asked holding me.

Why was she in my personal space? It made me akward and I wanted to shove her way but I didn't. I felt a feeling inside of me that made me hug back.

"I'm sorry I don't know" I said in the silence.

"You-survived a complete accident, that was sure to kill you" she managed.

"Wh-what?" I said. I couldn't believe, more then so react to what she was trying to tell me.

"You were riding in the car with your mother, and a drunk driver hit the side of your mothers car as you were on an overpass..." she said almost crying.

"My mother?" I thought. I couldn't even remember who my mother was.

"...there was a report on the car found at the bottom of the over pass into a forrest...Ryumin, your mother was killed" she said painfully.

"Killed?..." I could only repeat the words she said.

"...but it was a miracle that you survived. The doctors did the best they could to stitch you up, but you were in a coma..." she tried to stop her crying.

"Why are you crying miss?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. It's to hard to see someone like this" she said.

"...what happened then?" I asked avoiding her eyes.

"What happened? Why you were in a coma dear. For about a week" she said.

"A-a-week?" I only said. She nodded. "But- where is my father?" I asked finally remembering if I had a mother, there was a father.

"Your father...he left you at birth. That's what our records on you said" she said.

I was speechless. What was I supposed to do. I couldn't remember but, my parents were gone. I was brought into a world that I didn't know.

"We found an address in your moms documents, we were able to find a women believed to be her sister. We contacted her, she is your aunt" the nurse said.

"My aunt?"

"Yes. She said that she wanted us to call her immidianly when you woke" she said.

"Please. I can't remember anything. Why is that?" I asked. The nursed looked back at the clip board of my reports.

"I dont know dear. Your report seem fine to me. Just the coma thats all. Nothing about you losing your memory" she said.

'Ryumin' the voice spoke into my head. I ignored it, I was too busy thinking about what had just happened.

'Ryumin' it repeated.

'What?' I answered.

'You must leave. With the women, the one called your aunt' it said.

'Where am I?' I questioned the unseeable figure.

I got no response from the voice which made me worried. Did my inner self even know, was it even there? Was I going crazy and didn't even know myself?

'Okay, I will leave with the women' I told myself. I hoped that my inner self could still hear me.

 

After the testing the nurse let me go and made me wait in the office.

"Ryumin?" a voice called over my shoulder, I turned to see a women. She was a middle aged women, with long brown hair and small wrinkles covering by her eyes,

"Aunt?" I said trying to figure out the women.

"Ah- yes. You still remember" she said.

"Honestly no" I whispered under my breath.

"Miss Hwang we have been awaiting you. Your niece just woke up today, and she has a small case of memory loss. We can't see why but she has a hard time remembering family, possibly friends, school, etc" she said.

The women only looked at me with fear. "So- she doesn't remember me?" she asked.

"I'm afraid so, try to go easy on her" the nurse warned as she gave the women stacks of papers to fill out.

Finally when she was finished she told me to follow her out.

 

"Ryumin..." she called me. It was quite in the car as she drove down the road.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Do you not remember me at all?" the women asked.

"Ani- I don't. I'm sorry" I replied.

She gulped then cleared . "Well maybe I'll tell you more about me" she said.

"First of all, what is your name aunt?" I asked.

She peared over me. "Hwang Jimin" she said. "You used to call me aunt Ji, or aunt Jiji" she said.

I nodded. "Did I really?" she thought.

"I'm not married, so you have no uncle. And I am a buisness worker" she said.

"Ah- wait how old am I?" I asked.

She sighed and thought. I felt as if she was counting the years in her head.

"...sixthteen...seventhteen?" she said to herself. "Ah- yes. This year you are a third year in highschool" she said.

"Oh- I'm pretty old" I thought to myself.

"You go to school at a high school down the road from where your mother used to work" she said.

"Really?" I would continue saying.

"Yes. Oh were almost home. I live in an apartment to it may be a little small" she said pulling up on the drive way of the parking lot.

"Do you have children?" I asked.

She sighed. "I wasn't able to have any" she said getting out of the car. I was left speechless. Finally I came out with her.

She showed me a small room, a guest room she had in the back of the apartment.

"I guess you have to go to school tomorrow" she said.

"Eh? But I don't remember anything" I said.

"Don't worry, school only did start a month ago. And besides, your at your last year of high school. You don't learn much anyways" she said walking away.

'Ryumin' the voice in my head instantly called me as soon as my aunt left the room.

'Yes?' I replied.

'Are you happy?' it asked.

I stared at the large city outside my house. Pulling the sliding door open I stepped out into the balcony watching the city.

'I suppose I do' I said.

 

A/N: Okay, I'm so sorry for the people who subscribed and I didn't post this chapter for a whole month. I was so busy with other projects that I forgot about this story. Please forgive me :( I hope that you enjoyed the first Episode of this project that I'm working on. Feel free to leave comments and I promise. Daehyun will be in the next chapter.