II

Stray Bullet

 

The alarm clock went off at exactly six o’clock in the morning. Seryeong slowly opened her eyes and heaved a sigh. She dragged herself out of bed, got her cardigan and groggily made her way downstairs.

“Good morning Kyuhyun oppa~ Good morning Ryeowook oppa~” Seryeong greeted lazily and sat on her spot.

            Kyuhyun just gave her a grin and started eating.

“Seryeong-ah, you don’t look so well. You still have sleeping issues? Ryeowook asked as he put rice on her bowl.

“Gomawo oppa~” She yawned. “Yeah. I can’t have a decent sleep.”

“Awwwww~ you poor little thing. Do you want some milk? I’ll get some.”

“No need. I’ll drink some before I leave. I need to find a job. Where’s Sungmin oppa?”

“At the kitchen, he’s in-charge of cooking breakfast today.” Kyuhyun answered.

            The doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it. Just continue eating.” Seryeong volunteered and stood up.

            She quickly made her way towards the door. As she opened the door, two familiar faces were standing in front of her.

“Who are you?” The woman asked. The guy with her just gave her a questioning look.

“Huh? Hey… Don’t-” She wasn’t able to continue to speak when the woman glared at her.

            The woman made her way inside leaving Seryeong gaping at her.

“Yeonhee-ah! Why did you…” Jongwoon stopped walking, “Donghae-ah, where’s Yeonhee? Oh… Good morning Seryeong-ah!”

Donghae’s eyes grew wide, “What’s her name? Maldo andwae… She doesn’t look like Seryeong.”

            The three of them hurriedly went inside and rushed to the dining area when they heard some sort of exchange of shouts.

“You’re cheating on Sungmin oppa?!” The woman named Yeonhee yelled at Kyuhyun as she grabbed Kyuhyun’s collar.

“What on earth are you talking about Kim Yeonhee?!” Kyuhyun asked on gritted teeth.

Yeonhee pointed at Seryeong, “Who is she?! Why is she here?!”

            Kyuhyun suddenly bursted into laughter. Ryeowook almost choked while drinking water.

“Hey… who’s cheating on me?” Sungmin asked as he emerged from the kitchen. “Oh! Hello there Yeonhee-ah!”

“You think that I’m Kyuhyun oppa’s OTHER one??” Seryeong asked Yeonhee.

“Mwo?” Sungmin suddenly looked confused.

“Stop laughing Cho Kyuhyun! Why can’t you tell me who she is?!”

“You can’t recognize me Yeonhee-ah?” Seryeong asked her again.

“Duh! If I know who you are then I wouldn’t act like this.” Yeonhee answered flatly.

“Jagiya, she’s not Seryeong isn’t she?” Donghae finally spoke up.

“Of course she…” Yeonhee paused, “What did you say Jagiya?”

“Those two are really idiots. They do suit each other well.” Kyuhyun muttered.

Yeonhee gasped, “She’s not Seryeong, right?”

“She is Seryeong. Cho Seryeong, Kyuhyun’s fraternal twin.” Ryeowook, Jongwoon and Sungmin answered.

“MALDO ANDWAE! SHE’S WAY TOO DIFFERENT FROM SERYEONG!!!” Yeonhee and Donghae said in chorus.

“Wae? Do I look different just because I didn’t cut my hair short like before? Duh?!”

“Seriously… You don’t look like Seryeong…” Yeonhee said, “You look like a girl. And Seryeong doesn’t look like a girl…”

            Seryeong rolled her eyes and sat on her spot. She got her chopsticks and started eating.

“Wait… You won’t offer us any breakfast?” Donghae asked timidly.

“After your wife ruined my morning? Sheez.” Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Mianhae…” Yeonhee said soflty. “Seryeong-ah… Welcome back.”

“By the way Kyuhyun-ah… We need your help.” Jongwoon said.

“What is it Jongwoon hyung?”

“We need a doctor in our orphanage.”

“I’m a doctor.” Seryeong said.

“Jeongmal?”

“We really need your help Seryeong-ah.” Yeonhee looked at her husband, “But we can’t offer you a higher salary because our orphanage is a bit struggling with funds.”

“I can work for free besides Kyuhyun oppa and Sungmin oppa won’t let me starve to death. Just add my supposed to be salary for the kids.”

“Ya Cho Seryeong, you’re not a kid-”

Sungmin covered Kyuhyun’s mouth with his hand, “Of course, we can’t let you starve our dear Seryeong~”

“Jeongmal? You’re a blessing from the heaven Cho Seryeong!” Jongwoon gave her a back hug.

“Here’s your glass of milk Seryeong-ah.” Ryeowook said flatly and he angrily placed the glass on the table.

“What’s wrong with you Ryeonggu?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Nothing. I’ll just go upstairs and go to the orphanage.” Ryeowook answered.