I

Stray Bullet

 

 

ONE FINE SPRING DAY ~

The airport is filled with the usual crowd. Announcements blaring on the speaker every minute. This establishment is torture chambers if you’re claustrophobic. Being stuffed into seats like sardines and then catapulted through the air in a narrow metal tube- but also the terminals themselves, the press of people, the blur and spin of the place and lastly the dancing, dizzying hum, noise rather. Those were the things that Seryeong hated the most, the fear of being in closed or narrow spaces. During her flight, she occupied herself by trying not to freak out. She has to breathe evenly and act normally though she really feared being in a plane or any closed place. ‘Don’t worry Seryreong-ah… You’ll be fine… Just calm down and breathe… In few hours you’ll get out of this dreadful place.’ – Those words were her only escape, to at least breakout the fact that she’s afraid. In few hours, she’ll get to see her country and the people she longed for. In few moments, she’s back for good after five years.

 

“Is she there yet?  Is she there yet?” A guy with a pair of doe eyes asked.

 

“You look more excited than him Sungmin-ah.” The other guy with unruly raven hair and almond eyes said.

 

“Of course Sungmin hyung will look excited than our maknae. Aren’t you excited too Jongwoon hyung?”

Jongwoon smiled, “Definitely I’m delighted to see her too Ryeowook-ah~”

 

“You guys don’t get tired of talking, do you? What’s taking her so long?!” The guy with chestnut brown hair said, his voice sounded impatient yet with a hint of excitement.

 

“Oh! Finally I can see her! There she is!” Sungmin said, his eyes shone with excitement as he pointed towards the arrival area.

 

The others darted their eyes to the arrival area.

 

“Seryeong-ah! Cho Seryeong! Seryeong-ah!” Ryeowook shouted.

 

As she heard a familiar voice, she hurried her steps and looked around the area. A smile crept on her face as she saw familiar figures waving their hands and calling her. The feeling of finally being home flooded her heart.

“Seryeong-ah! I miss you so much!” Sungmin enveloped her in his arms.

 

Seryeong looked at the guy with the chestnut brown hair and smiled. She received a ‘what-the-hell-happened-to-you?!’look from him as greeting. Sungmin cupped her face and looked worriedly at her.

 

“Welcome back Seryeong-ah!” Ryeowook grinned widely.

 

“Gomawo Ryeowook oppa~”

 

“You look so worn out. The flight must be really tiring. Aigoo~” Sungmin cooed her.

 

“Don’t treat her like a baby.”

 

“You’re being jealous Kyuhyun-ah.” Ryeowook chuckled.

 

“Of course, Sungminnie hyung is mine, ONLY MINE.” Kyuhyun said proudly.

 

“You have those dark circles around your eyes. Awww~ you look so pale.” Sungmin pouted and brushed strands of hair away from Seryeong’s face. “Don’t mind that possessive and selfish brother of yours.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

 

“So your giving me that kind of greetings Cho Kyuhyun?! After five years, is this your way to greet me?!” Seryeong raised an eyebrow.

 

Kyuhyun just smirked at her.

 

She laughed and flung her arms around him. “I missed you so much my other half!”

 

“Yuck! Don’t use that term! It sounds inappropriate!” Kyuhyun snapped yet he didn’t move an inch as Seryeong hugged him tighter.

 

“Wae?! Ya Cho Kyuhyun!!!”

 

“Did you just call me ‘Cho Kyuhyun’?!”

 

“I know you’re older than me butit’s just a couple of minutes. Kyu-“

 

He didn’t let her continue to speak. “Call me ‘oppa’ and use honorifics when you’re talking to me.”

 

“I get it Kyuhyun oppa! Bossy as ever!”

 

“And don’t hug me in public.”

 

“Ya! You’re so… What’s wrong with it?!”

 

“Can’t you see that Sungmin is here with us? People might get the wrong idea and they’ll think that we’re a couple.” Kyuhyun held Sungmin’s hand. “He’s MINE and I’m his ONE and ONLY.”

 

Sungmin blushed.

 

“Lee Sungmin, I don’t want to see you cooing Seryeong ever again.” Kyuhyun said sternly.

 

“I don’t care about your possessiveness issues oppa. People won’t get the wrong idea, we’re twins! Duh?!”

 

“Correction, fraternal twins, we’re FRATERNAL. You know how stupid people can be."

 

“Enough with the ‘snarky-comments-slash-statement-exchange’ for the both of you. Let’s get her home. She looks very uncomfortable right now. She’s claustrophobic right?” Jongwoon finally spoke.

 

Jongwoon is right. Seryeong already feels light-headed while arguing with her twin brother. Sungmin and Ryeowook got her luggage. Kyuhyun just walked quietly beside Sungmin. She shook her head, thinking that it would ease her dizziness. Jongwoon put his arms on Seryeong’s shoulders. He noticed that she’s starting to breathe unevenly.

 

“Is there something wrongSeryeing-ah?” Jongwoon asked as he leaned closer to whisper in her ear.

 

She wasn’t able to answer his question.

 

“You find it hard to breathe?” He asked again calmly.

 

Again, she didn’t answer. The two of them stop walking.

 

“Follow me… Slowly, breathe in…breathe out… breathe in… breathe out… Seryeong-ah think of the sky. There’s limitless space in the sky. Think that you’re currently standing above the clouds.”

 

Kyuhyun noticed that Seryeong and Jongwoon weren’t walking behind them. He turn around and saw the two standing next to each other.

 

“Kyuuuu~?”

 

“Oh? Waeyo Sungminnie hyung?”

 

“What are you looking at?”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t answer.

 

“Oh. It’s them.”

“I can’t help her every time she’s having her claustrophobia attacks.” Kyuhyun lowered his head, “I always froze on my spot whenever she starts breathing frantically.”

“Don’t think that you’re being a useless twin brother to her.”

“It happens Kyuhyun-ah~”

“But I-”

Sungmin held his hand, “No ‘buts’ my game-loving boy. Let’s go.”

♥ 슈퍼주니어 ♥