The Plan

Star Collectors [Side-Story to Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses]
 
✻ chapter five:
the plan
yoon mi's pov
 
 
"Yoon Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, what are we supposed to do now?" Boram whined, clinging onto my arm and burying her face into my shoulder. "I don't want to lose all of our art equipments; we use them for everything!"
 
I furrowed my eyebrows and pried her fingers off of my arm. "I was thinking of doing some kind of fundraiser since that's what the other clubs are doing. If we can make enough money somehow, maybe we can stay."
 
"And how are we supposed to do that?" Sam asked skeptically. "It's not like fundraising is quick and easy, you know."
 
"Yes, I do know." I sighed. "I was thinking maybe we could sell some of our artwork, and then have a face-painting booth somewhere, or maybe start giving out lessons or something."
 
Soyeon popped in from beside me and puffed her cheeks out. "That's actually not a very bad idea!"
 
"But that's too much work to do!" Teo whined childishly, "Since when did we have to put effort into doing things for this club?"
 
Ahreum twisted her knuckle on his head and he cowered in pain. "You lazy couch potato, all you ever do is whine, eat, mess up everything, and then eat some more!"
 
"It's not my fault if that annoys you!" He shot back, knuckling her head in return. Ahreum was about to kick him in the shin when Boram popped in between the two and pinched both of their ears.
 
"Guys, stop it!" She butted in, "We need to talk about fundraising for money! Now is not the time for bickering, save that for later." The small boss let go and the two glared at each before rubbing their ears and retreating. "Okay, go on, Yoon Mi."
 
I cleared my throat and took out my planner. Flipping to a spare blank page I the back, I took out a pen and started to jot things down. "Teo, you can maybe try to get a job as comic-artist or something, just be productive.
 
"Boram, you can sell some of your pottery works or something. Maybe the neighborhood ahjummas will like to buy some," I winced as she smacked me in the head for saying something like that to her profession. "Hey, you know it's true!"
 
She fumed and sat back down again. "Then, let me guess- Ahreum will draw her special sharpie doodles on people's clothes and backpacks?"
 
"Yeah, and then Yun can make graphic designs and stuff, maybe he can gets part-time job as an assistant or something. Now, come on you guys! Try to think about all the technical stuff too." I handed the pen to Soyeon, who look startled at the sudden gesture.
 
"All I know is how to draw realistic drawings," she said worriedly, "I'm not sure if that's good for anything..."
 
"You can draw portraits of people or something, like how people pay artists to draw them out in the open," Sam suggested and took the pen, "And I can do an oil-pastel version. Then the two versions can be a set!"
 
I nodded, almost feeling like applauding his brilliant idea. "That's great! If you charge money for your so-called 'service', make sure it's less than five dollars or else it's ridiculous and too much. Most people these days don't appreciate art and the work we do."
 
"Yes, sir!" Teo saluted and I jokingly saluted back. The room was now in a light atmosphere from the idea of not having to disband. At least there was hope now.
 
"And as for me..." I trialed off and tapped the end of pen on the desk. "I'll start putting up posters for any painting needed on buildings, like if there's a stain on a house somewhere or something. I'll figure something out. Seungwoo can maybe paint things or help me out." I smiled at the shy member of the group when he looked up from the table he was staring at.
 
Soyeon nodded and I felt relieved that at least one person didn't think I was being too ridiculous. "Well, I personally think that's a good start! We should all try to raise the same amount of money so all of the work is even."
 
"Right," Sam rolled his eyes, "because Teo is definitely going to do the same amount of work as us."
 
"Hey, I heard that!" Teo accused from across the room and we all laughed.
 
"Well then, good!" Ahreum replied, irritated. "You're going to have to if you want to have a place to be at this school. You have nowhere to go without us here."
 
I let her words sink in and I couldn't agree with her more; the Art Club was the only place in school where I felt accepted and equal to everyone. We were all close friends here and without the club, I'd probably feel really lonely (if not for Amber and the others, that is). I'd try my best to keep us all together and going no matter what.
 
 
 
-- ♥ --
 
 
 
"Yoon Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, what is your group doing for the history class project?" Later that day after school, Amber plopped herself onto my bed and laid her head on my leg. "My group ! I have Park Kyung and Han Sunhwa and we're practically the worst group ever in the history of group projects! We have no idea what to do a presentation and paper on."
 
"It's pretty simple." I replied, not looking up from my notebook. "Just think if some sort of important historical event and write about an invention during that time."
 
"You're of no help at all." She squinted her eyes and smacked my shin. "So, what is your group doing?"
 
I blinked and finished writing the sentence I was on. "Trot music. We're going to present the importance of trot and how it has contributed to Korea's society and modern music. Since both Rokhyun and Hyukjin are in the drama department, maybe they could just sing a trot song as an example."
 
"That's not fair, I want to do that now! At least it's interesting and easy," Amber pouted and I flicked her ear.
 
"Just do food or something, that way your presentation can involve eating in class," I said jokingly as her cellphone made a ding! sound.
 
"That's actually a very good idea! I'll tell the others about it later," my best friend said excitedly before looking at the text she just recieved. "It's Henry! He says the dance team is meeting for a street performance in five minutes."
 
"Oh, you guys can try to earn some money while you're at it," I said, "can I come too?"
 
Amber slipped on a jacket and shook her head, "Nah, you stay here and finish your homework like the little goody-two-shoes you are. I'll be back soon!" She ran out if the room and I shook my head, smiling.
 
Now that she was gone, I was supposed to be able to concentrate better, but her talking distracted me and I couldn't think properly anymore. Deciding to take a small break from the presentation paper, I laid down on my bed and took out the astrology book that I hid under my pillow. I flipped to the chart for Pisces, my astrological sun sign.
 
"Pisces and Aquarius love compatibilty: this may not be a bad combination. At first glance, the two will feel shy and hesitant around each other." I read out loud to myself and thought back to earlier; did Rokhyun seem like he was shy around me? He obviously wasn't as open as he was to his friends, so maybe...?
 
I continued reading, "Pisces is sometimes sensitive and may depend on Aquarius too much. They're insecure whether or not if Aquarius really does return their feelings, which makes Aquarius unsure and uncomfortable about the whole relationship. Aquarius are usually individually-developed people and Pisces could eventually hold them back from what they want to do."
 
Well, that doesn't seem like a very pleasant thought. I worriedly scanned the paragraph again because the part where it stated 'Pisces is sometimes sensitive and insecure' was so very true.
 
I sighed and flipped several pages until I got to the supposedly best match for Pisces, which was Scorpio. Strangely, about half of the page was highlighted in bright green. The upper-right hand corner of the page was bent as a bookmark and there were several words scribbled messily with highlighter in the margins.
 
"Huh, I thought this was a non-damaged library book...?" I said to myself. I shrugged and flipped back to Aquarius again. If the book was right, as long as I followed it's little guidline for me, then maybe I could get somewhere with my not-so-little crush on Rokhyun.
 
 
 
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 
✻ author's note the dorky me
i tried to piece something together so i could update, otl sorry about the crappy chapter... changjo isn't even in it and i didn't even read over this once to edit it, ahaha i'm such a fail. oh well... at least i tried to do something...? /slapped ♥ anyways, happy (belated) birthday, choi jonghyun!
   
~Ljjang창조♪