Becoming of Friends

The Cherry Blossom Tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few Days Later

 

~ No One's P.O.V ~

 

Jiyong and Jessica haven't really met since their last encounter in the rain. Being friends wasn't exactly an easy thing as neither of them had any classes together. So they rarely see each other in the hallways. They had no personal contact, as well there would be times when one person would have some clubs or activites to attend. Jessica still has Jiyong's umbrella and she has been wanting to return it back to him every since. 

 

After school, Jiyong was about to head to his friend's house. He was going to leave from the back, where a little field/park was located.

 

"Hmm? What is she doing here?" he wondered when he saw someone familar.

 

He quietly approached the person that was sitting on a bench from behind.

 

"Boo!" he shouted as he give her a little push from the back.

"AHHHH!! Oppa! What do you think you are doing?" Jessica shrieked.

"Scaring the heck out of my new friend," he joked while she just glared at him.

"No, seriously. What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Ah, well I was just about to head to my friend's house when I saw you," Jiyong said.

"What about you? What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Waiting for someone," she told, while he nodded.

"Oh yea! I almost forgot," she spoke while reaching inside her backpack and taking something out.

"Here, thanks for lending it to me," she thanked while handing him back his umbrella.

"Oh right, your welcome," he smiled as he took it.

"By the way, um could I get your number?" he shyly asked.

"Sure, pass me your phone," Jessica said as they both traded numbers.

"And...are you busy this saturday? I was wondering if you wanted to go catch a movie with me. Um, since we are trying to be friends but we don't see each other in school much. So doing stuff over the weekends could be a good opportunity to get to know each other," Jiyong said.

"Hmmm...okay!" Jessica said.

 

 

"Jessica!" said a loud voice.

 

 

"Oh! I think that's my friend. I better get going now, see you oppa!" she said while grabbing her stuff.

"Alright, I'll text you about saturday's plans later," he said as he waved goodbye.

 

 

 

Saturday

 

 

To: Jessica

I can come pick you up. Just give me 10 minutes to get ready and I'll be on my way!

From: Jiyong oppa

 

 

To: Jiyong oppa

Ani, kwenchana. I'm already outside, just tell me your address and I'll go to your house. :)

From: Jessica

 

 

To: Jessica

Are you sure?! I don't want to let a girl walk on her own!

From: Jiyong oppa

 

 

To: Jiyong oppa

Kwenchana :) I don't mind.

From: Jessica

 

 

To: Jessica

Hmmm :( 

Alright then. Be careful. This is my address ____________

From: Jiyong oppa

 

 

 ~ Jessica's P.O.V ~

 

"Hmmm, so he lives there. Hopefully I will know how to get there,"

 

 

*A few minutes later*

 

"Um, this should be the right house. Let's just hope it is,"

 

 

*Knock Knock Knock*

 

 

To my surprise, the door was opened up by a girl...and not Jiyong oppa. She looked very nice and was wearing a beautiful smile on her face.

 

"Hello, are you Jessica?" 

"Uh..neh, is this Jiyong oppa's house?"

"Neh, I'm his sister, Dami. Come right in,"

"May I can you unnie?" 

"Of course! Here, sit on the couch for a little while. I'm sure Jiyong is just about done. Aish that boy, always worrying about his hair and clothes. Would you like anything to drink?"

"That's alright. Thank you,"

"Kay, let me know if I can get you anything,"

 

And with that she left, as I patiently waited for Jiyong oppa. This feeling felt strange. I was waiting for him in his house, as if we were going to go out on a d-date. But of course that's not it, we are simply trying to build our friendship. Shortly after he came rushing down the stairs, wearing simple clothing as his hair was fixed nicely.

 

"Hey, sorry I made you wait. Did you wait too long?" 

"Ani, I just got here a little while ago,"

"Ahh, arasso. Anyways, let's get going!"

 

"Noona! We are leaving now!" he shouted as his sister came out into the living room.

"Neh, have fun you too. And come over sometime Jessica," she said while sweetly smiling.

"Uh..n-neh. It was nice meeting you," I quickly bowed before we headed for the door.

 

He sweetly opened the door for me and gestured me to go out first, just like a gentleman. But when I went out there was a person directly on the other side of the street staring at us. I felt a little awkward with that, maybe she goes to our school? When Jiyong had locked the door and turned around, his face froze. He was stunned as he met eyes with the stranger across the street. But he quickly broke the gaze and we started walking near the bus stop. I couldn't help but to notice that the girl, who so happened to also walk at the same pace as us kept stealing glances at us once in a while. But I decided to just ignore it and continue with our conversation. 

 

 

Oppa was such a sweet guy despite some of the rumors going around. Some people have said that he was a cold hearted guy that didn't care much about things, but that wasn't the case. There's often times where we run out of things to say, as I could tell we didn't have much in common. However, he would always try to break the ice by throwing in some witty jokes. They weren't good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter