Sungwon

Tears

 

You reluctantly picked up your cellphone as pain shot through your stomach again.

"Yoboseyo?" You favourite voice in the word, soothing you immediately.

"Oppa? Mianhae, I have to cancel our date tonight." You said, wishing it weren't true. You'd been so looking forward to spending time with him now that you were on summer break.

"Oh. Okay. Is it alright if I ask why? Is everything okay?" He said, sounding a little disappointed and concerned.

"Yeah, everything is okay, something just came--" you were interrupted by another painful cramp and you couldn't help the whimper that left your lips.

"Baby? What was that? Are you hurt?" Now he sounded really concerned. Perfect, you scolded yourself.

"No oppa, really I'm okay. Don't worry about me." You tried to calm him back down.

"I love you, of course I worry about you. Especially if you sound like you're in pain." 

"Oppa. You're not making this easy for me! This is embarrassing…but it's just…that time of the month and these cramps are particularly bad, okay? I'm hanging up now, before I die of embarrassment…" Quickly ending the call, you dropped the phone onto your desk and covered your face in your hands, letting out a cry of frustration and possibly mortification. Sungwon was your first serious boyfriend and although you were pretty sure he was aware that periods were a thing, having to actually TELL him that you were on yours was not the easiest thing. Searing pain had you moving your hands from your face down to your abdomen pretty quickly. Whimpering, you stumbled, hunched over, to your bathroom in search of your hot water bottle. 

Finally you were curled up in a blanket on your couch, hot water bottle clutched firmly to your stomach, when the doorbell rang. Groaning, you carefully sat up and as fast as you could manage, shuffled over and opened the door.

"Hello beautiful" There was that voice again.

"Oppa, why are you here. I told you I couldn't go out tonight?" 

"I couldn't leave my baby here all alone and in pain!" He said kissing your forehead and nudging you further into your apartment. "I brought you flowers" he said, gently waving a bouquet of colourful mixed flowers. "I also brought you chocolate, I uh…heard that girls like to eat chocolate at times like this. But you only get to eat it after I've made sure you've had a proper dinner. You can still manage food, right? I'm sorry, I'm not very experienced here." If all the sweet gestures weren't enough, the light blush creeping across his cheeks melted your heart.

"Oppa, you're so sweet. How did I manage to catch someone like you?" Sungwon smiled at this praise, about to respond until an intense pain shot through you and you cried out, wrapping your arms around yourself, trying in vain to stop the pain. Your knees collapsed under you, leaving you huddled on the floor, with tears defiantly leaking from your eyes, despite your attempts to hold them back. Sungwon's eyes shot open and he dropped to the floor after you. 

"Are you okay? What can I do? Is this normal? Should I take you to the hospital?" he wrapped his arms around you and lifted you from the floor. His eyes collecting tears of their own. You let a few whimpers out but managed also to tell him that, as bad as these cramps were, you didn't think it warranted the hospital. A couple tears had escaped his eyes and were trekking down his cheeks and as the pain was finally subsiding, you were able to try to playfully .

"Why are you crying, you goof? You're not the one in pain." He looked down at you in his arms, with soft, love-filled eyes.

"Ah, you're wrong there, my dear. Seeing you in pain is excruciating for me, especially when there's nothing I can do to stop it."

He made himself busy, tucking you back into your nest on the couch and handing you back your hot water bottle, stopping momentarily to poke at it's bloated belly.

"Good. Now, can I get you anything? Pain medication, tea, food?" 

"I've already taken medication, I can't take more for another two hours, I'd love some tea though? The water should still be hot."

"Two hours, noted. What kind of tea? That vanilla mango stuff you've been drinking lately?" You nodded, secretly a little pleased that he'd taken note of your current favourite tea.

"Back in a jiff."

You grabbed the remote for the tv and flicked it on, waiting patiently for your Prince charming to return. You could see him bustling about in the kitchen, preparing your tea. He returned quickly with your drink before disappearing back in to the kitchen, bustling about for another few minutes and then returning with the flowers arranged in one of your vases. He set them down on the coffee table and hovered by the armrest of the couch.

"Come sit down oppa." You sat up briefly "unless you need to head out now?" At first you'd been shy to let him see you like this but now that he had, you kind of hope he'd stay with you.

"Um. If you're okay with me staying with you, I'd like to. It won't be quite the same but we can still have our date night and I'll know you're being taken care of." He fiddled nervously with his fingers. It still astounded you that you could make someone like him nervous.

"I always want you around oppa, don't you know that yet?" You smiled up at him sweetly, moving your pillow and pulling him to take it's place under your head. "You make a much better pillow oppa, you're warm too. Perfect."

He said nothing in response, but you knew he'd liked what you'd said.

"Why don't we order a movie oppa? Is there anything you want to see?"

"You pick babe. Pick the cheesiest, most romantic and sickeningly sweet 'chick-flick' you can find and we'll watch it together." You laughed at how he was trying so hard but you couldn't deny that this was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for you and you loved how he took care of you. You ordered a chick-flick, like he'd suggested but tried to find one that he'd like too. Guys can like chick-flicks, and oppa is clearly the romantic type anyway, you argued to yourself.

You sat up to drink some of your tea, watching the opening credits over the lip of the cup, then quickly burrowing back into the blankets and your oppa's lap.

You watched the movie, mainly in silence but occasionally one of you would drop commentary or you'd laugh. You tried to reign in any noises the pain tried to rip from you but you couldn't stop yourself from tensing when a cramp came on. 

Sungwon coughed like he wanted to say something. You looked up at him, noticing that his cheeks were a little red.

"Um.. I saw something else when I was um…researching. I read that sometimes..if a husband or boyfriend holds their girl, you know, with their hand on her stomach, the cramps don't feel as bad…" his cheeks turned a deeper red, clearly shy at what he was suggesting "Do you, do you want to see if it helps? I won't try anything, I promise. I just hate seeing you in pain." You knew he was being genuine, he wasn't the type to harbour ulterior motives, especially not at a time like this. You reached up for his hand that was resting along the back of your couch and quickly brought it down onto your stomach, twining your fingers with his.

"Thank you oppa. It feels better already. Thank you for coming here to take care of me. And thank you for loving me."

"Thank you for letting me take care of you and love you and for loving me back." He leaned down and kissed you soft and sweet before sitting back and letting you get back to your movie.

[[AN: I don't know if anyone missed me, but I'm sorry for having neglected you for so long. The reason I started this tears/comfort set got the better of me and I've been a little emotional and..not right. Then on top of that, life happened and I guess writing these didn't seem like the catharsis I'd intended it to be. That being said, Minhyuk's chapter is my true intended catharsis, which is why it has yet to be written. I hope these aren't disappointing to you, firing them all out one shot probably isn't the best but...that's how it is? Thank you for reading. I appreciate your attentiona and any comments/critique you'd like to offer. Keep loving our boys and that FABULOUS comeback of theirs! <3 Aaaaand it's 3:30, so I'm going to bed...]]