Siyoon

Tears

 

You smacked your head down onto your desk and let out a whimper, of both pain and frustration. Maybe that hadn't been the best plan. It's finals period, you have four papers to write and 5 projects to complete, not to mention actual finals to study for. It's so overwhelming you don't even know where to start, or if you'll even make it through alive.

You hear the door open behind you and assume it's your room mate, back from the library and hope she's got some sympathy for you, since obviously, none of your professors did. You let out another whine, not even bothering to lift your head from the cheap laminate desk top.

"Hey beautiful, what's wrong?" You jump up from your seat upon hearing that sweet voice, speedily making your way into his ready embrace.

"Siyoonah~ I hate this time of year. There's too much to do. I have 9 things to complete in these next two weeks, as well as finals and…what kind of horrible, mean person assigns multiple final projects in one class?! It's going to take me forever to do all of this, I already barely have any time with you, never mind my friends. I don't even have time to spare for my best friend and she's not even coming back next year, university is evil and professors are mean. Seriously, one of these term projects is worth 70% of my mark, I can't afford to breathe, nevermind actually slack off."
You get yourself so worked up that a couple of tears slip down your cheeks. When you get really frustrated or mad, you tended to cry a little. Until you'd met Siyoon you'd thought it was embarrassing and you'd hated that about yourself. Meeting a sweetheart like him had helped you start loving yourself a little more, even the weird things. It was unavoidable considering how often he coos over you and tells you that you're perfect.

Siyoon spots the tear tracks and gently wipes your cheeks, carefully avoiding further smudging your makeup and fixing the bits that had already smudged. He always does this for you when he catches you crying and you love it, but it still makes you blush. You have to smile at his sweetness.

"There's my girl." He says, leaning down to kiss the tip of your nose. "Have I told you yet how much I love your smile? I don't even care about the sun, my world is bright and beautiful as long as that smile of yours is 'out'". 

You chuckle and blush again. "How do you even find lines like that Siyoon?"

He gasps, pretending to be insulted. "I'll have you know I come up with all of my lines myself, thank you very much."

"So corny." You tease.

"Blame my muse" He smiles "anything corny or cheesy is because she makes me feel that way".

"What am I going to do with you?" You joke and gently peck him on the lips, before pulling away to go back to your desk.

"Well, long-term, I'm hoping you'll fall more and more in love with me and be with me forever, but short-term? I'm hoping for a better kiss than that one." He pulls you back into his arms and kisses you slow and deep, leaving you breathless.

"Siyoon…"

"Such a compliment when my kisses leave you speechless." He smirks playfully and you gently smack his shoulder.

"Now, be a good girl and put on your shoes. I know you have a lot to do, but I think a little fresh air, some caffeine and a clean, frustration-free approach to that workload is what you need. Let your boyfriend buy you one of those fancy Starbucks coffees you like, I'll drive and I'll even let you listen to that ridiculous boy band that you like so much. All the things I do for love…" He finishes with a long-suffering sigh. You smile and lean up to kiss him one more time, your boyfriend was the best, no doubt.