Seungjun

Tears

Crash My Party - Luke Bryan (Not k-pop but...it's doing things to my heart lately..and I feel like our smile prince would be this kind of boyfriend)

 

He'd known when you suggested it, that watching this movie was a bad idea. You had only been dating for a few weeks but you'd stolen Seungjun's heart so completely that he tried to spend all of his free time with you, learning about you and what makes you tick. One of the many things he'd learned, that only caused him to fall for you further, was how sensitive you could be and how you could immerse yourself into a story and really feel things. The down side that he'd discovered to this, was that you felt intense sadness and heartbreak on others' behalf also.

Seungjun knew you were going to cry your eyes out because of this movie and there was nothing he hated more than seeing your eyes swell and turn red as precious tears spilled from your eyes, even if your heart was only hurting over something fictional, he wanted you to feel only joy, your sadness made his heart hurt.

Seungjun was only half paying attention to the movie, the rest of his focus was on you, on the other end of his leather couch, curled into the soft tan throw blanket, absentmindedly eating popcorn from the bowl in your lap, your eyes riveted to the screen.

He could feel himself increasingly tense as the of the movie drew nearer. He tried to force himself to relax and maintain a casual air, reaching over for a handful of popcorn. Not that he needed to worry about looking uncomfortable or tense, you were too enthralled by the film to even notice his stiff shoulders or the hands that had been clenched and pressed into his thighs.

Finally, it was time. The movie had taken it's turn. He heard your breath catch and watched you carefully out of the corner of his eye. He watched as your eyes widened and you bit your lip, he saw you hold your breath and he watched as the first tear snuck out and rolled slowly down your cheek, unnoticed by you until it was followed by a stream of other tears. 
He thought it was cute, the way you cried during movies or sad books, completely silent but for the occasional catch of your breath and wiping at your cheeks, trying to not draw attention to the fact that you were crying, as if you could pretend that nothing was wrong to him. He thought that was cute. His attention was always on you, he always knew when something was wrong. There was no hiding your “silly tears” as you called them, from him.

Seungjun reached out his hand again, this time not going for popcorn but reaching to catch your hand as it was falling in a return trip from wiping tears. He tangled his fingers through yours and gave your hand a comforting squeeze, resting your entwined hands gently on your thigh.
His lips twitched, fighting a smile as he noticed your cheeks dust with a blush and his heart warmed and you slid closer to him on the couch, eyes still glued to the screen, and rested your head gently on his shoulder.