Chapter 3

It's All Because Of A Puppy

I couldn’t believe that it would create a shock. That night, right when Suzy had just lied down next to me, I told her:

 

-          Yeol said that your Myungsoo stayed at the same room with him…

 

It was not until I had finished my words when Suzy  sat up and screamed with her eyesball nearly exploding to me:

 

-          Are you serious?

 

And then, thinking that I might be joking, she lowered her voice:

 

-          Don’t you dare tease me, Cheonmi ah…

 

-          I – I kept a poker face and sniffed – have no reason not to be serious with such the thing.

 

-          So it’s true that he lives with that Yeol?

 

I nodded. And it gave her chance to encroach:

 

-          So can you tell me to let me meet him once? Just once, Cheomi…I’m begging you.

 

Oh my god. When someone was in love, that person became this terrible; even though I didn’t know if I could call the feeling that Suzy had for Myungsoo love or not.

 

It seemed like Sungyeol had the same thought as me. And it even seemed like Myungsoo had the same suggestion to Sungyeol just like what Suzy had just done to me. That was the explanation for the message I had received from Yeol:

 

“ How’s your room now? My room is going to explode now, my friend is begging to meet your friend once!”

 

Alright.If both of you wanted to meet so badly like that, I could not prevent them. Thinking so, I patted on Suzy’s back:

 

-          Ya Bae Suzy…I heard that Myungsoo wanted to meet you too.

 

Done. Only those words of mine can carry her to cloud nine.

 

Actually I and Sungyeol didn’t have much to do with that task. It was only that on a fine free day, we called our roommates to meet us at a café near the dorm and left them there to do their own job. I went to the library after that. I didn’t know where Yeol went to or what he did after he dropped me at the libraby. Simple to understand as these days, I started to be extremely busy reviewing lessons for upcoming tests. That was how I paid for jumping classes. While Suzy had time to meet her guy, I had been like over head and ears with textbooks for the last few days, to the level that I even forgot walking Do.

 

Suzy told me that Do had been so strange lately, that he went out a lot but didn’t wander around the stadium. I didn’t pay attention to that but on the day I was done with the last subject, Do wasn’t on time for dinner, which made me feel butterflies in my stomach. 7pm, he hadn’t yet been home while Euro had finished his meal. 7.30pm, I started to go crazy. He had never been outside at that point of time. Therefore, I decided to go finding him. But after running from the stadium to the block of Informatics students, to everywhere I thought he would be here, I still saw no sign of Do. But when I passed the block of Astronomy students, the barking of a puppy caught my ears. What? Astronomy students also raised puppies? But that barking was so familiar to me.

 

I hurriedly ran to that side.

 

And found out that Do was sitting in front of a room at the end of the corridor, sticking out his tongue and  wagging his tails to see me. I sat down, hugged and rubbed his fur, whispering:

 

-          Bad puppy, where have you been for the whole day?

 

He just started to my hand. Right then, the door opened. And in front of me, it was Sungyeol, holding a bowl of rice!

I looked at Yeol with surprise but then, it dawned on me that Sungyeol was staying at Astronomy block with Myungsoo.

 

-          What…what are you doing here?

 

Sungyeol asked me. He looked very surprise at my sudden appearance, luckily he didn’t drop the bowl.

 

-          I gotta ask you – I raised my voice – why my puppy is here?

 

-          Ah…Do…he…

 

Sungyeol scratched his head without replying me. Instead, he just bended down to put the bowl on the floor. Immediately,my puppy jumped out of my arm and ate the rice in the bowl, like he had never been fed before. He must be very hungry, as I and Suzy weren’t at home for today.

 

Do finished the bowl quickly and then he sat there, looked at his owner and her friend who were looking at each other awkwardly. Sungyeol broke the silence first:

 

-          I saw him running outside all day…I thought you hadn’t been home so I fed him…

 

-          Thank…Thank you… - I stuttered – I gotta go now.

 

Then I was about to take Do home when Sungyeol reached out his hand to grab my sleeve:

 

-          Let’s go for a walk.

 

The stadium at 8pm was deserted. Yep, as it might rain at anytime. The sky was gloomy without stars, which was a total contradict to the other nights when I was with Sungyeol on the roof.

 

We said nothing. Honestly, we could talk for hours but at that time, there was only silence between us. Only Do was the active thing to run around us. Maybe after a certain period that Sungyeol became my friend, he had found another new person to play with.

 

Suddenly, Sungyeol took up my puppy, held it opposite to his face and then…gently place a kiss on his mouth and put him down. It was not something worth mentioning if after that, Do jumped to my side, put his forelegs on my shoulder and then put his mouth onto my cheek. Hard.

 

Then  he got a tender rub on his body from Sungyeol:

 

-          Good job.

 

-          What do you mean with good job?

 

Sungyeol turned to me and surprisingly, I realized that he had just got his hair cut. A few minutes before, I didn’t take notice of his new short hair. After throwing away his bushy hair, suddenly Sungyeol became…Oh..my…No…he was super cute! My heart started to beat crazily as his look to me, somehow, wasn’t as usual…

 

-          I mean – Sungyeol smiled – he helped me…

 

-          Helped?

 

-          Uh..helped me kiss you.