The Truth

Addicted to Chat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong’s groaning tiredly, when he heard a loud sound of his alarm in the cold morning. At first, Jaejoong doesn’t even bother to open his eyes, but as the time goes he’s not able to sleep anymore and sighing in defeat. Reflexively, Jaejoong’s rolling his body and letting his eyes locked on the other bed to see someone. But when he’s getting nothing except an empty and tidy bed, Jaejoong sighs again, this time in sadness.

It was always you who’s nagging because I’m such a sleepyhead...

For a moment Jaejoong’s just staring at the other bed sadly, before his stomach starts growling and asking for a food. Hesitantly, Jaejoong finally decides to going out from his room towards the dining room. Jaejoong walks quietly, trying not to attract any attention. But still, when he’s getting no one inside the dorm Jaejoong pouts right away. He was hoping to see a certain person inside the dorm.

When he’s looking at the dining table, Jaejoong frowns right away because of the sight in front of him. He can see a plate of sandwiches on the table with a note, which arranged neatly. Slowly, Jaejoong takes the note before reading it carefully in amazed.

Eat well, Hyung. I won’t disturb you.
Changmin.

So you still care about me...

Jaejoong sighs once more, before sitting on the dining table and pulling the plate of sandwiches towards him. With the teary eyes, Jaejoong starts eating his sandwiches slowly. He’s trying to wipe his tears off several times, but somehow it keeps appearing over and over again.

Since some days ago, when Changmin decided to sleep on the couch instead of inside their shared-bedroom, Jaejoong rarely saw Changmin anymore. At the time he woke up, Changmin already gone to the university. At the night, Changmin back when Jaejoong’s sleeping already.

Jaejoong looks at his phone’s screen hesitantly, before typing the message.

I miss you, Min.

But before Jaejoong’s sending the message, he deletes it right away. Jaejoong feels hesitant, he’s afraid that Changmin won’t reply it. Moreover, he’s afraid that Changmin will say that he doesn’t miss Jaejoong at all. Jaejoong won’t know what he should do on that situation.

After he finished the breakfast, Jaejoong’s wondering what he should do. He has no schedule at the university today. Getting nothing inside his mind, Jaejoong finally decides to clean his dorm up. It’s a rare thing for Jaejoong to do that, since Changmin usually says that he’s going to do it. However, Jaejoong’s immediately canceling his plan after he saw that everything’s perfectly neat already.

You still do these things even though you’re mad at me...

Having nothing to do anymore, Jaejoong finally goes straightly to the couch and lies there. He starts his chatting application and looks at the online friends with a dull face.

 

Welcome back, Joong.
You have 28 new messages.

Chuns invited you to join a conversation with Junsuie.

Junsuie > Hey, Jae. Where have you been? It looks like a miracle you’re online at this hour.
Joong > What do you mean? *pouts* You don’t like seeing me here?
Chuns > You always went online since early in the morning until past midnight, remember?
Junsuie > That. Now it’s already 10.19. It’s so late.
Joong > Is that so?
Chuns > *nods*
Junsuie > What’s with you? You acted strange...
Junsuie > And YOU! Stay away from me now! YCHUN!
Chuns > What? Why can’t I sit near you?
Junsuie > BECAUSE!!!

 

Without bothering to reply the chat, Jaejoong quickly puts his phone down on the table. Jaejoong’s sighing again, before lies lazily on the couch. He doesn’t know why, but for the first time he’s having no interest on the chat. He’s feeling weird by himself, yet he just can’t.

It’s already passed lunch time and Jaejoong’s eaten his lunch too, but Changmin still gives Jaejoong no news at all. Hopelessly, Jaejoong starts thinking that Changmin will not give any news to him for a whole day. That’s why when Jaejoong gets a new message; he’s just opening it in boredom.

However, Jaejoong’s widening his eyes after he opened the message in panic.

At Yunho-Hyung’s.
Changmin.

Jaejoong pouts right away after looking at the very short message from Changmin.
You still don’t mind to tell me where you are too...

Jaejoong’s not happy at all. He feels a depression, actually. Changmin seems so close to him. He’s making a breakfast for Jaejoong, cleaning up the dorm, and informing his activities. Yet, Changmin also seems so distant to him. They never meet inside or outside the dorm. Jaejoong can’t help but missing Changmin more after he sent Jaejoong a message.

Because of feeling too frustrated, Jaejoong finally decides to call on someone to lessen his sadness. Jaejoong has to wait until the fifth rings, before finally his call’s getting an answer.

“Junsu,” called Jaejoong with a pout, even though he can’t see Junsu at all.

“Ye...s?” asked Junsu slowly.

Jaejoong feels strange after hearing Junsu’voice, and it makes him immediately frowning. “Why it seems that there’s something not right with you?” asked Jaejoong immediately.

“No... Nothing, Jae,” Junsu answered, still with the strange tone, “I’m... kind of busy right now. Let’s chat later, okay? Now I can’t, since- OUCH! Chun, not that part! It’s hurt!”

Jaejoong’s turning his phone off right away, after he heard Junsu’s weird voice. For a moment Jaejoong’s still trying to register about what happened, before chuckles right away. He can’t believe that Yoochun and Junsu, the infamous popular couple in online world because of their continuous fight, very lovely to each other in real life.

Thinking about that matter, makes Jaejoong’s mind back to Changmin. He feels so jealous to hear Junsu and Yoochun’s lovely moments. He starts to remember that he and Changmin was so close and so lovely too before the fight.

I miss you... I miss our moments so much!

When his phone suddenly starts giving him another notification, Jaejoong’s just looking at it lazily. He really has no mood for anything at all. But after looking at the ID that called him, Jaejoong can’t ignore it. He’s the second most wanted person after Changmin right now, since Jaejoong needs someone to talk over.

 

VoldaMIN > Sweetie, how are you?
Joong > Min, I’m very sad! I and my friend are having a very bad fight since some days ago.
VoldaMIN > That must be so hard for you. What happened?
Joong > IT IS! Do you know that I’m missing him so much right now?
VoldaMIN > Really?
Joong > Yes!!!
Joong > Remember the photo of shrimp dish I sent to you?
VoldaMIN > Absolutely. Why?
Joong > My friend spotted its leftover inside the fridge and he was mad. He said I shouldn’t buy that much and started saying that I’d better not paying attention more to you.
Joong > So I scolded him back. I said he has no right to mad at me or you... I know I was wrong. I never intended to say those things. It was just slipped out because the anger.
Joong > ... And now I realize that I wasn’t giving him enough attention. I was into the online world too much. I shouldn’t do that. I should listen to him more.
VoldaMIN > That’s good if you know your mistake. Now just talk to him and make him understand.
Joong > I am afraid. What if he hates me?
VoldaMIN > Just talk first. Everything’s going to be alright. He’s a kind man, right?
Joong > Thank you Min... You always so kind and remind me about everything.
VoldaMIN > I did nothing. But welcome, Sweetie.

 

Jaejoong starts smiling brightly after he’s done chatting with his most favorite person in his online world. Somehow, Jaejoong’s getting mor

Please log in to read the full chapter