Last day

My secret: My prince in disguise

Master Kwon put the folder on the table for Jongin to look in to. Today is the day, where he will know the information about the heir’s test he will be taking and how his new identity will be.

 

“Starting today, your name will be Kang Jo Joong. You grew up in an orphange in Hongdae not knowing anything about your family.” The elder explained as Jongin scanned the papers in silence while Heeyoung was listening in full attention nervously.

 

She’s an hour late for work but she couldn’t afford to miss any information about her boyfriend’s test. She knows excatly how it feels and she can’t imagine Jongin in her place three years ago.

 

“You will be given 1 billion won to start your new life with. No more, no less and with it, you’ll have to cut all connections to your family and friends except one that you can choose.” The old man continued. “You will also be given three days to find a place to live in and after that, you’re going to be on your own.” He said. “If you have more questions, you can ask Minho for more details.”

“Nee. Thank you very much.” Jongin bowed politely making the master smile.

“I hope to hear you call me grandpa after four years, Jongin-ah. Do well.” the old man reached his hand and Jongin gladly shook it.

“I will sir, thank you.” The boy said.

 

bluedivider.png

 

Heeyoung and Jongin went out of the office. Heeyoung was looking nervous while Jongin tried to memorize all the things he has to do in his head.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” Jongin assured his girlfriend but Heeyoung’s expression remained the same. She looked up at Jongin with a frown. “You don’t have to do this Jongin-ah. I’ll talk to everyone about this.” She finally said it.

 

She doesn’t want him to exprerience the hardships she went through. But that is just a part of the reason. The truth is, she doesn’t want him to leave her side. She knows very well that once he gets out of that house, her boyfriend will disappear and become another person that she’s supposed to treat as a stranger. A person she doesn’t even know that exist. Four years without him.

 

Jongin softened at the sight and pulled the girl for an embrace. “I know it’ll be hard at first, but I will live with it so I can have you forever.” He explained giving Heeyoung’s forehead little kisses as he talkes while Heeyoung hugs him tightly. “Besides, I already accepted the test and backing out will hurt my pride.” He added with a chuckle. “Just trust me on this one and wait for me.” he said and kissed her lips.

 

“I’ll miss you.” She said trying to surpress a cry. She doesn’t want to make it more difficult for him.

“Me too.” He said. “So you better answer my calls whenever I call you, okay?” he added making Heeyoung break the hug and gave Jongi a puzzled look.

 

*What does that mean?* she asked herself. But then, it hit her. Her eyes rounded in shock and her jaw dropped. *No way*

 

The boy chuckled at his gf’s reaction and gave her another peck, on the lips, this time. “I talked to mom about it and she’s fine with it. so you’re going to be my only contact for this four years.” He explained and Heeyoung blinked at him still in shock.

 

“Really? You mean I can still hear your voice whenever I want to?” she asked with her eyes twinkling full of hope and gladness.

“Not whenever, since you have work and I’ll have mine. But we’ll talk as often as we could.” He said being realistic and Heeyoung understood and smiled.

 

Jongin smiled too, happy that he managed to make his gf smile once. Heeyoung hasn’t been smiling ever since this morning.

 

“That’s better.” He said and pulled her again for a hug enjoying their last moments together.

“We’ll do just fine, Jagiya. You’ll see, four years will be over before we know it.” he assured and the girl couldn’t do anything an just nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*I hope that too, Jongin-ah.*