Too Much Pressure

Reality

Sulli's POV

The big day has come. The Nationals. I sacrificed a lot and put so much effort to win again. With my dad coming back, it was even doubled. It felt good that my dad was helping me to win but at the same time, I felt a lot of pressure. The feeling right now and the feeling when i was just dancing with Jiyoung was different. When I was dancing, I was so free and I didn't care about anything. Right now, I don't know what to do. I feel like my heart is going to burst. I am really nervous right now. The moment they called my name, I just wanted to run and hide but right now, there's no turning back. The first thing I am gonna do is the vault. It was really scary. I know it might be weird since i've done this many times before but now it feels so different. So I ran and then jumped. It was okay but I kind of struggled with the landing. So I've done all the courses and I am second right now. If I don't do better in the balance beam, i will loose. My dad told me, " Okay this is your last shot, you can do it. We practiced this a hundred times." I listened to him. I believed in myself. After everything, I won. I did really good with the balance beam. So when I got home, my mom already bought a cake and we celebrated. Well actually my dad only allowed me a really thin piece of cake but it was okay. After eating I went up to my room and saw a text from Jiyoung. It said, " How did it go?" I repleid " I won". She texted back " We should celebrate tomorrow, rooftop?" I repleid, " Agree". I sat down on my bed and my feet were kind of sour. I held it and I felt how rough my skin was. I concentrated on gymnastics my whole life that I didn't even care about my skin. Well it's okay as long as I win, i thought. So that night I slept with a smile on my face.

 

THE NEXT DAY

School the next day was soo boring except for my celebration with Jiyoung. She gave me a present. It was a white envelope and I was like " Hey Jiyoung is this money or something?" She laughed when i said that. " No. I know that you are a fan of Girls' Generation and I am as well. I found out that they will have a concert this coming Saturday evening in the olympic stadium so i bought tickets for the two of us. So do you want to go?" I was startled when she said that. "Of course I want to!" I blurted. I was so happy when i was practicing. Maybe I was day dreaming cause my dad kept on scolding me cause I was doing this and that wrong. When we were in the car going home, he said, " Sulli you have to focus. If there are things not related to gymnastics get rid of it. You have to win the World championships and the asian youth games. You have to work harder to be the star." Those words just stung me. I love my dad but sometimes, he makes gymnastics feel like it's work. It's not fun anymore and that's the difference right now between gmnastics and singing and dancing. I don't have fun anymore. I feel like gymnastics is a prison. I'm like tied to it. I can't get out. I'm also a person. I want to be free. I don't even know if I still want this. Well I don't have a choice anyway so it'll be simplier if I just live this way.When i got home, dinner was ready. I didn't really feel like eating a lot so I just stuffed up all the food in my mouth.Then I asked my parents, " Okay so this coming Saturday, Jiyoung invited me to..." I thought for a second, wait my dad won't let me see this. SO I LIED. " study with her on Saturday evening for a long test on Monday." My dad gave a surprised look. "That Jiyoung studies now? Well that's a miracle." My mom said, " That's too much. Is it that bad if what she loves is really dancing?" My dad just rolled his eyes. " You can go Sulli" my mom said. "Thanks mom. Dad?" "Okay fine. Be sure you study." I was soooooooooooooooooooo happy. I felt kind of bad for lying but I wanted this really bad.

SATURDAY NIGHT

So I called Jiyoung and I told her evrything. She said she was cool with it. The concert will start at 6:30pm so I told my dad that he should drop me off at 5pm. Everything was going smooth. Jiyoung's older brother was the one who dropped us off at the concert. " So what time will I pick you guys up?" " Maybe 9:30pm is the latest. By the way Thanks oppa." Jiyoung said. " I'm not doing this for you." Myungsoo oppa said. i kind of laughed. Jiyoung just rolled her eyes. So we said bye and we were in line to get in the stadium. I was really excited. This is my first time watching a concert. When we got to our seats, suddenly everything went dark and I panicked. I held on to Jiyoung and I was kind of screaming. Not because of excitment but I was afraid. She laughed really hard. " That's normal Sulli. This means they are about to go out." Five secconds later the lights opened and I saw nine gorgeous ladies in front of me. I was starstrucked. I wanted to look like them. I wanted to be as pretty as them. I enjoyed every second of the concert. I had soo much fun. I don't feel this anymore with gymnastics. When I was litle I did cause I didn't care before. But now, everyone's giving me too much pressure. 

 

 

 

NOTE: I am thinking of putting a little bit of romance between Sulli and Myungsoo. I was already thinking about it. If I should put the first guy who ever wooed me in this story. Well now I am including it!!! :) And please COMMENT!!!! :)