Thirteen Cherries: The Faltering Contract! (What Happens Now?!)

A to Z (Cup): Cherry Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

(I decided not to use any pics or gifs for this chapter because of the tone I wanted for it. Plus I was too tired and lazy.)

 

Sandara POV:

​I sat in class, all by myself, waiting for the first period class to ring. To be honest, I came way too early to class today. My entire weekend was completely ruined. Saturday turned out to be a rollercoaster of emotions. I have no idea how I managed to go home that night.

​(Narrator) For those that don't know, after Donghae kissed Dara, she kind of freaked out and ran. Like Dara literally pushed Donghae a few seconds after she realized what happened and ran away like an idiot. Too bad I didn't have my phone to record it.

​There was barely anyone in the building when I came in. My English teacher looked confused and shocked at seeing me waiting by a lock door. I just felt like being alone today, although I was pretty much alone all Sunday too. My two feet did not take a step outside my dorm all day yesterday. I even ordered food in order to avoid going outside and avoid seeing...him. Bom called me a few times, but I had no idea what to say so I didn't answer. I'm sure I'll be getting an earful today. I wasn't sure if I could talk to her because if I did somehow I end up talking about Donghae. I still have no idea why those two were with each other Saturday.

​What's surprising but not really is that that insect (Jiyong) didn't call me or show up at my place. For whatever wild thought I had, I thought he would at least explained himself, even if he didn't apologize. Let's be real for a second. I don't think anyone would expect him to say sorry for anything bad he done. I emailed Cherry Boy yesterday with a full on complaint about receiving a FRAUD. Hopefully I should see something from them today since it's not the weekend.

"Gosh I'm bored... May be it wasn't such a good idea to come this early." I heard the sound my stomach growling and remembered that I hadn't eaten anything this morning. I couldn't eat even if I wanted to. My head was somewhere else completely. I took my things from my desk and started walking out the door.

Everything seemed so bare. I was so used to students walking about and talking to one another. It almost felt like everyone was told not to come to school and I didn't get the memo. The sound of the vacuum cleaner echoed the hall from one of the classrooms that I walked by. I saw a janitor dusting the top of the lockers. When we made eye contact I smiled at him and he returned with the same gesture.

Soon after I found myself in front of the school's mini cafe and lucky me, not one customer inside. I greeted one the students that worked inside then made my order. It was still pretty early so I had to wait a little for the lemon muffin I order to be done. I sat at one of the tables that was the furthest away from the entry way. I didn't feel like being stared at by people who was going to walk by soon. Some of those vultures only want to know about my relationship, which at this point is zero. It wasn't like me and Jiyong was a real couple (thank goodness), and I still have no idea about Donghae.

"Why did he kiss me?", I asked myself low enough so no would hear me. It was even harder to understand since it was my first kiss. I always dreamt about my first kiss, but that was not how I dreamt it.

"I shouldn't be complaining though. My first could have been with that lying scheming bastard Jiyong. I can't believe I was in a rush to have with that insect."

I shook the thought of Jiyong from my head. A minute or two later, my lemon muffin along with my drank was placed on the table. Before I could sink my teeth into my muffin, my phone vibrated and it was from Bom. That's right. She's probably waiting outside my dorm to give me a ride to school, I thought.

"Hello?", I answered half-heartedly.

"So now you wanna pick up my calls. What happened yesterday? I thought you needed sometime to yourself so I didn't bother to contact you that night. But the day after you didn't bother to answer any of my calls", nagged Bom. I knew this was coming.

"I uh... just wanted to be myself. I still was trying to wrap my head around everything Minzy and Donghae told me."

"Ahh... You mean about Jiyong. So how did it go with him?"

"What are talking about?", I asked while I took a bite of my muffin.

"About Jiyong! It took some convincing but I saw him go after you. Did he apologize?"

"Huh? I seriously have no idea what you are talking about?" I never saw Jiyong. The only person that came after me was Donghae.

"How far did you run?"

"Not too far. I was almost at a bus stop when Donghae caught up with me and-". I stopped myself from finishing the sentence. My fingers went to my lips and rubbed them gently. Even now I could feel his lips on mine. His warm breath from his nose on my face.

"Really? Then he should have seen you by that time. May be he looked in a different direction."

"May be, but honestly I don't care. I hope he fell down a man hole and is trap in it's darkness", I harshly said.

"Even for you that's mean. At least he went to look for you, but that failed."

"Is that why you called?"

"Partially. The other reason is that I won't be picking you up from your dorm today", she informed me.

"Is that so?" Too bad I was already at school. "Why?"

"Because you didn't answer your phone all day yesterday. I felt like being selfish today and decided that I rather see you walk to school then give you a ride."

Always taking the high road aren't we. That's Bom for you.

"I can always count on you to make my day eventful."

"Really? Then why are you already at school?", she asked which made me choke on my drink.

I hurried up and looked around the cafe only to see Bom wearing the I got some explaining to do face, at the counter.

 

=

"I should be glad that you, Sandara Park, took the initiative and went to school all by yourself."

"Then why aren't you?", I asked as I carefully moved my desk forward, away from her hands.

"I don't know. Sometimes I like to see you suffer", Bom simply said and ate her banana nut muffin.

"That's it?", I asked, bewildered that she wasn't going to go on dragon mode.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing. I just imagined you losing your temper like you always do", I confessed.

"Not today. You have enough on your plate. I'll let this one slide, but don't do again tomorrow", she smiled evil-like. That's the Bom we all know and love. Demon succubus.

"For one, you need to figure out what are you going to do or say to the person in front of you."

"In front of me?" My eyes went to an empty desk in front of me then back at Bom. I was really lost on this one. Unless she has the power to see ghost, I don't see anyone. "There's no one there."

"At the moment, but soon there will be. Did you forget who occupied that seat a few days ago?"

I felt my brain going to work as I tried to piece the puzzles together that she gave me.

3

2

1

"Ohh... You mean that nobody! Truthfully speaking, someone like him is easy to forget." I really did forget that he sat right in front of me. Is it too late to chuck his desk right out of the window? He can always sit on the floor or better yet in a different class, in another school.

"I don't think I could forget someone like Jiyong that quickly if he lied to me. I would call his phone over fifty times just to piss him off. I would leave so many threatening voicemails that he would be too scare to sleep. There are other things I would do, but it might freak you out so I won't say anything."

"Where do you even come up with these insane things?" Sometimes I wished I was like Bom. But then again I might go crazy with everything that goes in that head of hers. I'll stick to just wanting her size.

"So what are you going to do when you see him?"

"Absolutely nothing. His face is already starting to become a distant memory."

"Ignore him? Then what about the people who think you two are a couple?", she asked.

"It's really none of their business what I do with my life. Eventually they'll think we broke up if I don't communicate with him. I already sent an email to A to Z: Cherry Boy about me finding out that Jiyong isn't the one I ordered."

"Huh?! You went that extreme?!", Bom asked, raising her voice in shock. I thought her respond would be different somehow. Like on my side.

"Y-Yeah. It's not like they didn't know. That's one of the reasons why that Minzy girl came here on the first place."

"To me it seem like if it wasn't for the fact that you overheard their conversation, you wouldn't have never known."

"May be that's true, but the damage is done and I want to move on with my life. Without that creature in it."

"I love how you find new names to call him."

"Well today and onwards he won't ever have to hear me call him anything. Kwon Jiyong no longer exist. You can officially burn that contract and I would like to be there when you do it."

"B-Burn the Con- You want me to burn the contract?!", Bom asked in disbelief. "Are you serious?!"

"Jiyong is not my Cherry Boy. Donghae is", I said, feeling my heart flutter from saying his name. "That's how it should have been the entire time. So he could can go screw some other girls while lying in their face."

Bom opened then closed . We sat in silence until the first period school bell rang. Everyone started to take their seats one by one as the teacher began to write on the white board. My eyes instinctively went towards the door to see if Jiyong would come through the door. But as class began, he was nowhere to be found.

 

MY POV:

It was almost lunch time and Dara was at her locker. She was waiting for Bom to meet her so they could walk together to the cafeteria. Her eyes would scan the hallway to see if she saw Jiyong anywhere in the building. Dara did not see him at all once today and she rather keep it that way for as long as she lived. Just when she thought her day couldn't get any better, she spotted Sulli with her two minions by her side walking in her direction.

"I'll just act like I never saw them and-" But before she could turn around, something unexpected happened. Suzy, the same girl who hates Dara's existence, suddenly waved to her as she walked by. Dara blinked her eyes in confusion, wondering if she was in the Twilight Zone.

"Did Suzy- Did she just wave at me?", Dara asked herself while she pinched and smacked herself.

"What in the world are you doing this time?", asked Bom.

"It's Suzy! I think something is wrong with her!", replied a panic Dara.

"Whoa slow down. Unless she's comatose, I don't wanna hear nothing about that slimy sea slug."

"But she waved at me!"

"Huh?! She did what?! Do you know how crazy you sound right now? There is no way that devil in disguise did anything that nice to anyone, let alone you."

"I know. I thought hell would have to freeze over and dinosaurs would have to roam the earth once more. But that lunatic actually waved at me."

"Let's just act like that never happened and get something to eat before I lose my appetite."

First Bom didn't yell at me, Jiyong isn't here today and now Suzy is acting... weird. Did I wake up in a different dimension?

After picking out the food they wanted to eat from the cafeteria, Dara and Bom decided to eat outside for a change. Dara thought that even the weather was too good to be true as she walked beside Bom outside. It felt more like spring than summer to her. She thought about summer break which was coming up in a few days. Dara couldn't wait to get away from everybody and enjoy her summer fully. No Jiyong to worry about or Suzy to pry into her business.

Just me and- That's right. Jiyong isn't my Cherry Boy anymore. Donghae is my Cherry Boy. May be today is sign of good things to come.

"What are you going to do after lunch?", I asked Bom, sitting down at a nearby bench with her.

"Oh that's right, you have one more class after lunch. I uh... didn't have anything too major planned out. Why you ask?"

"Because later I

Please log in to read the full chapter