First Encounters

Never Give Up

Sun Hee's perspective
Yong Guk and I talk while walking to entrance ceremony, but we get separated once we get into the gym. The teachers put us in alphabetical order by our family name, and Bang and Lee are quite far apart. I start staring and looking around at the other people, possible potential classmates when I notice a few weird people that stand out quite a bit. I notice two really pretty skinny guys but with two completely different personalities; one keeps looking at himself in his phone’s reflection and fidgeting like he’s on caffeine withdrawal while the other keeps pulling out and eating snacks. Where did it all come from? His pockets must be like Marry Poppins magical purse. I start look around again when an extremely tall, cute, childish looking boy catches my eye. He has to be at least 6 feet tall! And he hasn’t stopped dancing in place the entire time, he’s definitely a dance major. Then, I notice Mina, and to my horror, she’s done her hair exactly like I did. All of a sudden she looks at me, looks me up and down, chuckles, gives me an evil stare, and then flips head back around. I let out a sigh and continue looking around until I see the most amusing character yet. He has light, brownish, orangish wavy hair, he’s most likely a foreigner, but when he turns around he looks completely Asian, but not completely Korean either, hmm. But the weird thing is that we keeps checking people out and not at all being discreet about it. Juat as he looks at me and our eyes meet the principal comes out onto the stage and starts talking.

After the entrance ceremony, we’re all escorted to our classrooms. I’m in class 1-B with Yong Guk, and unfortunately Mina and some of her gang, but there’s also those weird guys from the entrance ceremony as well. I take my seat, also in alphabetical order, and start to get organized when all of a sudden the weird foreign looking guy storms in, slams his hands down on my desk and starts yelling at me.

??: You !! If you think I’m going to let you push me around any longer, you are SO wrong! I’ll get my revenge, just wait and see. I;m gonna take you down!
 

Then he huffs off and sits down at his desk just glaring at me while I and the rest of the class are left in shock. At that moment Mina walks in and the weird foreign looking guy stands up quickly with an astonished look on his face. He looks at me and gets ready to saying something but then the teacher comes in and tells us to be quite and to take our seats. Our homeroom teacher takes attendance, makes us give introductions, and then he explains how the school works, how classes work, and assignments and projects, etc. After all that, it’s time for lunch and our teacher, Matsumoto Keigo, decides we should play a game to see who gets to go to lunch early. Mostof the students get their question wrong, but all the questions are common knowledge on music history, which is what Mr. Matsumoto teaches. Only I and two other students get our questions right, even Yong Guk get his question wrong.

Whn I get to the cafeteria, there’s hardly anyone there, so I get my food quickly and sit down at a table before all the others rush in. After a few minutes, Yong Guk sits down next to me, then the weird snack guy, the pretentious guy, the really tall kids, and two others I don’t know.

YG: These are the others trainees at the company that I work with. Daehyun, Himchan, Zelo, Youngjae, and Jongup.

Yong Guk points to each as he names them off. All five of them are very good looking and I find myself blushing at their company.

YG: This is Sun Hee, my childhood friend I told you guys about. 
 

Himchan was just about to say something when the weird foreign looking guy comes running up and plops right into the seat next to me and starts frantically talking at light speed. I try to calm him down but he’s not listening. I look to Yong Guk and the others but their just as dumbfounded as I am. Finally he calms down and he starts to explain.

??: I/m so sorry about this morning, I mistook you for Mina. You two just look so much alike with your hair color, hair style, and your figures; I thought you were her.

SH: We do NOT look ANYTHING alike!!

??: wow, you guys even sound alike : )

SH: hey! Take that back!

I smacks his arm as hard as I could.

??: Ow! What the hell? That hurt!

SH: Take it back! I don't want to be compared to her in any way.

??: You don't like her either?!?

SH: No, never have.

??: We should be friends! My name’s Daisuke, wanna hang out after school?
 

I’m a little taken back but I still agree, Daisuke seems like a nice guy and we both don’t like Mina. Then Yong Guk strongly protests.

YG: Maybe it’s not such a good idea since you just met him.

DS: And how would you know? Huh? How do you know it’s not a good idea? I may be an awesome person, you never know.

SH: Its fine, I'd like to hang out with him.

Yong Guk makes a slight pouting face at which Daisuke sticks his tongue out at Yong Guk and says,

DS: See! She likes me!


After lunch we started the tour of the school and our teacher breaks us up into two groups: Mina, Yong Guk, and the other five guys are in one group while I and Daisuke are in the other group together.
Yong Guk looks at me as if saying too bad with his eyes, but then Daisuke comes up behind me and takes hold of my arm and drags me down the hallway following the rest of the group. We only get a little ways down the hallway and Daisuke starts me a million questions.


DS: What's your name? How old are you? What's your major? How'd you get into music? Have you always been this pretty? Why did you pick this school?

Then he dramatically paused and whispered,

DS: How long have you been in love with him?
 

I go into shock and start fumbling on my words,

SH: W-w-what?!? What are you talking about? I'm not in love with Yong Guk! There's no way, were childhood friends, that's it!

DS: Ye~ah, that was real convincing. Childhood friends can fall in love. So how long have you two been going out?
 

I saw no reason to try and keep it a secret, Daisuke seemed intent on getting the details and I felt I could trust him
 

SH: We aren't going out, we're just childhood friends, that part was true.
 

DS: But you obviously like each other, I'm mean I can tell just by the way you two look and act around each other and I just met you.
 

SH: Yeah, we like each other but he only likes like a sister.
 

DS: Really? But you feel more for him?
 

I just shake my head up and down, not wanting to say it out loud.
 

DS: Hmm, interesting.

SH: What is?

DS: Nothing. We're being left behind! We're too slow, let's go!!
 

Daisuke grabs my arm again and pulls me down the hallway so we can catch up with the group.

SH: Yah! Slow down!

While still running down the hallway to catch up,

DS: You know you still haven't answered my other questions.
 

SH: If you slow down, I'll tell you.
 

Daisuke slows down and hooks arms with me, tightly,

DS: So gimme the DL on your life story.

SH: Well, fair warning, my life's pretty boring.

DS: Ha! I can fix that!

Yong Guk's perspective
The teacher announces the groups for the school tour. Sun Hee and I aren't together. I wanted to talk to her about that guy from lunch; I don't think she should hang out with him until she gets to know him s little better.

 

We step outside and get into our groups, I look at Sun Hee and she looks back and she looks disappointed. All of a sudden that weird guy comes up behind her and grabs her arm and drags her away, I tried to grab her other arm but I was too late,

HC: Yong Guk, are you coming? We're leaving now.
 

We walked around the whole school, the teacher showing us the normal classrooms on each floor, the library, the cafeteria, the science lab, the gym, then the different music rooms, recording booths, dance practice room, etc. Then we headed back to the classroom and as we were told earlier, the school tour was the last thing for us to do for our orientation so once we got back to the room we could do as we please for the rest of the day. When we got back to the classroom, I looked for sun Hee, I wanted to see if she wanted to go to our music store, but I couldn't find her, even her bag was gone, then I thought about it and looked at that weird guy’s desk and his bag was gone too. He must have talked her into skipping out early.

HC: Hey Yong Guk, we’re gonna head to the company to practice for a while, are you gonna come with us?

YG: Yeah, right behind ya.
 

Hopefully Sun Hee is okay, I'll text her.

YG->SH: Hey, where are you?

Sun Hee's perspective
Daisuke and I are on the bus heading for downtown to go shopping and eat, but then my phone vibrates, I look at it and its Yong Guk asking where I am. Daisuke sees, grabs my phone, and stuffs it in his school bag

SH: hey! Give it back, he's just worried about where I am.

DS: Good! Then let him, let him worry, you're not his girlfriend, he doesn't need to know where you are every second of the day. Besides, this way maybe he'll realize just what you really mean to him. I sighs and give up, yet again, I feel like there's no changing Daisuke’s mind once he decides something.

Eventually we arrive downtown and Daisuke drags me to every girly store he can find. He just drags me in and starts picking out clothes, then he pushes me towards the dressing room telling me to try them on while he looks for more. At first I didn't like it but as I saw how excited Daisuke was I started having fun trying on all the clothes too. We tried on tons of clothes, ate tons on sweets, and had tons of fun. Unfortunately, we never once looked at the time and our school has a strict curfew of 9pm, we got back to campus at 9:37. Both Daisuke and I live on the third floors of our dorms since we're both vocal majors and all the doors were locked.
 

SH: We could go to my house, I live right down the road.

DS: Really? What about your parents? Won’t they be mad that we missed curfew?

SH: My dad died when I was little and my mother works all the time, so besides me, no one is ever there.

DS: Sorry about your dad, but on the bright side we can stay out late whenever we want to and not have to worry about it.

SH: True, let’s go.


We headed down the road towards my house, when we got there Daisuke started running through every room, giving himself a quick tour. After he was done he came back done to the living room, grabbed his bag, and plopped down on the couch. I made us drinks, sat them down on the coffee table and plopped down next to him. Daisuke looked at me with a serious face,

DS: Tell me your story.

SH: My story?

DS: Yeah, your life story. Tell me about when you met Yong Guk, your dad, your mom, your love for music, all that lovely stuff.

SH: That might take a while.

DS: We've got time, classes don't start until next week so we've got a whole week to get use to campus and the school before the real hell begins.

Daisuke said the last part while wiggling his fingers in the air and going 'ooooooooooooo' with his mouth as if school was going to be scary.

SH: Okay, but then you have to share your story too

DS: Call!

A whole box of tissues and two and half hours later, I realized I had made my first true friend and that this new school might be so bad after all. Both Daisuke and I had been picked on by Mina since we were little. Mina made it her mission to make me miserable at school and to make Daisuke suffer during their vocal and dance lessons together. But then Daisuke said something I never would have imagined, something that I believe would come to change our entire high school career.

DS: Don't you think it's about time Mina stopped terrorizing everyone? Don't you wish someone would kick her off her high horse?

SH: Yeah, I wish, but in all this time, no one has even talked back to her.

DS: Exactly! Why don't we make it our mission to take that down, put her in her place, kick her off her pedestal.

SH: Are you crazy? I can't even look her in the eyes.

DS: Yeah, but now you’re not alone and we can't be the only ones who want to do something.

I thought about for a few minutes, and then I realized, Daisuke was right, why should we have to go through high school miserable because of Mina? In that moment, I made the one of the biggest decisions of my life,

SH: Let's do it! Let’s end Mina’s reign!

After that Daisuke and I started planning and plotting ways to make Mina realize she can't control us forever. This was the start to Mina's end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so it's been a little while since I updates but please let me know what you think so far! The story is gonna start to pick up, it's kind of slow right know because I;m trying to get in some background information and introduce characters, but I promise it'll get fun soon!