A New Beginning

Never Give Up

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP
Ugh! There is absolutely no fun in waking up to the sound of your alarm at 6am for school. Waking up for my first day of school unfortunately means summer is over, but with this new school year comes something new; high school! And it's SJM High for that matter. I start to feel all giddy and excited , I jump up and start to dance around my room. Then I remember my new uniform! All the uniforms are gray but each year has a different color tie and trim on the uniform. First years are teal, second years are magenta, and third years are yellow and each department; the vocals, the writers, the composers, the dancers, and the newly added department - the rappers, their own pin.  
 
My uniform is all pressed and proper looking as I stand looking the mirror. I had hoped my mother would have at least come home to see me off, to see me in my uniform, to help me pack, or at least take me to the school. but i have to push thoughts like that out and stay focused. I look in the mirror again and I start to twirl, do aegyo faces, cutesy voices, etc., then I looked at the clock, saw the time, and ran for the bathroom. Crap! I'm gonna be late!
 
Grab my make up and do some light touch up here and there. Then I grab my brush and get ready to brush it and put my hair in my usual side braid, but then I stop and think, 'this is my new beginning, my high school debut, I should try something new.' I'm brushing and pulling my hair up, trying to put it in cute but messy side clip but fail completely. I move on to my glasses but decide to give contacts another try, after all, this is my new beginning. 
 
Then there's a knock on the door so I run down the stairs hoping I don't trip and roll down them instead, I open the door and its Yong Nam. Yong Nam is the only one I told about getting accepted into SJM High besides my mother and he said he would help me take my things to the dorm.
 
YN Hurry up! You're gonna be late!
 
SH Sorry! I'm trying a new hairstyle.
 
YN I can see that, what's it called? Bad head? Birds nest?
 
SH Ha ha, very funny, would you just help me with it?
 
YN Fine, to the bathroom! 
 
Yong Nam pointed towards the stairs as if he was a superhero. Yong Nam held my hair in pace while I clipped and placed various bobby pins to keep it all in place. After he let go he headed towards my room.
 
YN How many bags do you have?
 
SH Just one, a duffle bag.
 
YN Just one?!? You're a girl aren't you?
 
I elbowed Yong Nam in his side, that's what he gets for always  treating me like I'm not really a girl.
 
SH Of course I am!
 
YN Well with that man like strength of your, I'm not so sure. I think I need just a liiiiiiittle bit more convincing.
 
Right as Yong Nam finished I started throwing pillows and stuffed animals at him. He'd occasionally catch one or two and throw them back but then all of a sudden he charges toward me, grabs me in a choke hold starts giving me a nuggie
 
SH Stop! Stop! You're gonna mess up my hair! And YOU'RE gonna fix it!
 
YN Fine, fine!
 
Yong Nam let go and backed away a step or two with his hands up as if surrendering. Then he grabbed my only bag off the floor and walked towards the hallway.
 
YN Lets go little miss private academy!
 
SH (smiles) Lets go!
 
Yong Nam threw my bag over his shoulder and we headed towards SJM High. Luckily, it's only about half a mile away from our neighborhood.
 
SH Did you tell Yong Guk about me getting accepted into SJM High?
 
YN No, I thought it might be a nice surprise for him when he sees you on campus in your uniform.
 
SH Yeah but his first though will probably be that I snuck on campus just to see him.
 
YN Well, you are kind of crazy in love with him and all.
 
SH Yah! Don't say it out loud!
 
I smacked Yong Nam's arm and he cringed.
 
YN Ow! That hurt! Really, where does your strength come from? You're so small and puny, I don't get it.
 
SH I may be small but I can take care of myself.
 
YN Oh really?
 
SH What? You don't believe me?
 
YN Not one bit. Your past kind of contradicts you. From what I know and how I've grown up with you, you've always been weak and vulnerable, except around me. Around me, I think the person that comes it around me is the real you, you should show it to other people.
SH Maybe, maybe with this new school I can become a new me!
 
I twirled around and stopped right in front of Yong Nam, I put my hands on my hips like a superhero and put on a determined face. I was completely serious and Yong Nam just started laughing at me.
 
YN And if that doesn't work or they don't like the real you, there is always plan B.
 
SH What's plan B?
 
YN I stop by your school and beat the crap out of them of course!
 
SH You're too overprotective and rash.
 
YN Of course I am, you're like a little sister to me, I've always watched over you and protected you.
 
Yong Nam reached over and ruffled the hair on the top of my head.
 
SH Yah! Cut it out, BIG BRO!
 
We walked a little further and finally arrived at SJM High. Come to find out we were the only ones who walked, everyone else showed up in nice, sleek cars.
 
YN/SH Whooooooooooa!
 
YN Are you sure you're going to be okay here?
 
SH Y-yeah, I'll be fine. (I hope)
 
YN Well let's get you to your room so you can be on your way to the entrance ceremony.
 
SH Uh-huh
 
All I could do was stand there at the front gate, staring, and wondering just what have I gotten myself into. Then Yong Nam smacked the back of my head.
 
YN I'm not letting you chicken out, come on, lets go!
 
Yong Nam takes off running, just leaving me there staring after him I shocks and disbelief. After a few seconds I realized a lot of people were staring and talking. I bowed apologetically and then took off after him. I caught up to Yong Nam only to find him standing in the middle of the sidewalk, looking dumbfounded.
 
SH What are you doing?
 
YN I have no idea where I'm going.
 
I took a look around. I twirled Ina complete circle before coming back to Yong Nam. 
 
SH Me neither, lets ask someone.
 
YN Don't you think you should know? This is your school after all.
 
SH I've never been here before, this is the first time.
 
?? Excuse me
 
We heard a voice from behind and we both jumped. We turned around to find a small and petite girl in the school uniform but with a yellow tie and trim, a third year student.
 
YN Ah! Random person there!
 
?? Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. You two look lost, can I help you?
 
SH Yes! I'm a freshman vocal major, can you tell me where the vocal major dorms are?
 
?? They're right down this way.
 
She pointed to her left and started walking in that direction. We followed behind her until she came to a stop at the entrance when she proceeded to gesture the building.
 
?? Here it is. Good luck this year!
 
SH Thanks.
 
YN & SH whooooooooooa!
 
SH Déjà vu?
 
YN Is this a school or a resort? Maybe I should auditioned for here.
 
SH You? At a private prep school? You'd be kicked out in less than a day.
 
YN Humph. Let's go find your room and meet your new roommate!
 
Yong Nam made a cheesy face to go along with the cheesy voice while holding two thumbs up as if this was going to the most exciting part of our day. I just looked at him and then the building, I took a deep breath and walked through the entrance. We walked in, I signed in, learned what floor I was going to be staying on, the third floor. We walked up the stairs, Yong Nam jokingly panting and complaining how heavy my all my 'crap' was. We arrived on the third floor, met my RA, a third year named Shin Hae and come to find out I was assigned one of the four singles on the corners of the floor. We walked down the hall and unlocked room 304, my new dorm room.
 
YN Nice! A room all to yourself.
 
After we checked the room out a little, Yong Nam helped me unpack and then we said our goodbyes and Yong Nam ruffled my hair again. I'm gonna miss seeing Yong Nam everyday and us picking on each other all the time. 
 
YN I'll come visit you as much as I can, okay?
 
SH You better keep your word.
 
YN I always do.
 
Yong Nam left and now I have to try and find assembly hall where the entrance ceremony is being held. I walked out of the building and started looking around. There weren't as many people as when we went in, they're all probably already at assembly hall, but there were still a few stragglers. I figured I'd be fine as long as I wasn't the last one to walk in. I see most of then heading in e same direction so I follow when,
 
?? Sun Hee?
 
I turned around to a familiar voice calling my name, it was Yong Guk.
 
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
 
Please comment what you think so far! I would really appreciate the feedback! I know it's kind if boring right now but I like stories that set the stage and have good background so you understand where the main character is coming from. I'm getting all nervous about what people think of the story so far!!   Σ(゚д゚lll)