Chapter 5

You're My Little Secret

The next day, Min, Jia and Fei are at school heading to their lockers as they prepare for the day. When Fei arrived at her locker, she noticed another heart attached to her door. She pulled it off, wondering where it came from. As she got her books organized for the day, she heard someone calling her name.

“Excuse me, are you miss Wang Fei Fei?” Fei turned around to be greeted by a large bouquet of flowers.

“Eh?” Fei said surprised, then replied, “Yes, that’s me.”

“Can you sign here for me ma’am?” It wasn't until Fei reached for the clipboard that she saw the delivery boy. He wore glasses and looked shrimpy in his company polo. Fei signed her name and received the large bouquet. Min and Jia crowded around trying to see who sent it.

“Your secret admirer’s a day late,” Min mentioned as she curiously peered over Fei’s shoulder trying to read it. Fei ignored her and stuck her nose in the flowers as she closed her eyes.

"To Wang Fei Fei, from Your Sweetie..." Jia read as she took the card from the bouquet, "...yah, who is this?" She asked. "Do you have a boyfriend we don't know about?"

"Anniyah," Fei replied. She inhaled the scent of the flowers, and all she could do was smile like mad. How smooth could that maknae be? When did she have time to prepare this? Now all Fei wanted more than ever was Suzy in her arms, but that wasn't possible at the moment. because Suzy had left early that morning to catch up on her assignments. She opened her eyes. Fei pouted, then snatched the card from Jia's hands.

 

As the day went on, Fei's yearning only grew deeper. When the four girls caught up during lunch period, all she could do was smile and throw knowing glances at Suzy. 

By third period, Fei couldn't take it anymore. It was her independent-study period, aka her hour to do whatever she wanted, and she was determined to see Suzy.

Fei made her way towards Suzy's classroom, then texted her to come meet in the hallway.

Suzy sat in her English class staring hopelessly at the board when she felt her pocket vibrate. She snuck her phone out from her pocket, noticing a text from Fei: Hey, I'm outside your classroom.

???  Suzy texted back, confused. She looked towards the closed door but didn't see anyone in the window. Just as she was about to stick her phone back in her pocket, it buzzed again.

Palli~~~ The text read this time. Suzy smiled to herself as she could imagine Fei's expression and intonation if she were to speak the text in front of her. Suzy knew that it was urgent, because Fei was never the type to text for just anything.

Arasso. Suzy excused herself from class and walked down the hall to find Fei.

When Fei spotted Suzy, she mouthed “palli” and waved her hand to get her to come near the spot where she was standing, in the cut next to the water fountains; a blind spot between two security cameras. 

Suzy made her way to Fei cautiously, totally unaware of what was going on. Fei looked anxious, but she couldn't tell why. She tilted her head to the side and raised her eyebrows, ready to voice her concern.

"Gwenchana?" The words barely escaped Suzy's mouth before Fei grabbed her by her jacket and pulled her out of view from the cameras; she slammed her up against the wall and swiftly stole her lips.

Oh, Suzy thought, well hello to you too. She was surprised and tense by the sudden action, but soon she relaxed into the kiss.

"What was that for?" Suzy asked as they pulled apart. A smirked formed on the corner of her lips.

"Since when did you get so smooth?" Fei scoffed. "Sending me flowers... when did you have the time?"

"I called in an order early this morning," Suzy s her arms around Fei's waist and continued, "you were still asleep," Suzy replied as she smiled with her tongue peeking through her teeth.

"Hmm," Fei wrapped her arms around Suzy's neck, "I love them," she commented then hugged her.

"Yay," Suzy squealed and smiled into her neck. Fei chuckled at her cute reaction then cleared her throat.

Fei pulled away and looked Suzy in the eyes. "About last night," her voice barely above a whisper, "I'm sorry."

"Aigoo," Suzy exclaimed. "How many times are you gonna apologize? I'm okay." She Fei's cheek.

"I'll never pressure you into anything you aren't ready for," Fei assured.

"Ara," Suzy answered, then kept pecking her pouty lips to shut her up.

 

While they were having a lovefest in the corner, complete with nose kisses, the sound of squeaky sneakers echoed through the empty hallways. Quickly, they pulled apart, startled.

Fei took a step backwards and cautiously peered down both sides of the corridor. When she saw no one, she stepped back towards Suzy and lightly linked fingers with her.

Fei tucked some of Suzy's loose strands behind her ear. "Do you want anything special for dinner tonight?"

"I can't," Suzy said apologetically, "I'll be coming home late tonight, I have a schedule after classes."

Fei sighed in concern. "You already had to come in early..." her voice trailed off. "They work you too much," Fei quietly commented.

"At least it's for something I love." Suzy smiled down at her.

Fei squeezed her hand. "I'll let you get back to class." Fei backed into the hallway, ready to exit.

"But...." Suzy whined. Dreading English class, she pouted.

"See ya later," Fei silently-mouthed. With a bit lip smile, she turned on her heels and proceeded down the hallway like nothing happened, excited at her little secret.