07

Back to You

Jihyo entered her room and sat on the edge of her bed. She blinked for a few times, trying to register all what happened in her life tonight to her brain. Everything felt so impossible but it happened, though. Minkyung confessed to her that she loved Kikwang, Junhyung told her that Kikwang liked her, everything was so… confusing.

A vibration from Jihyo’s phone distracted her from her train of thought. One new message.

 

From : YoonDJ~ :)

Hyo, you okay?

 

Jihyo frowned. ‘What else now?’ She was too lazy to type the reply so she decided to call Doojoon. She changed her clothes into pajama while still holding the phone on to her ear.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Oppa!” Jihyo finished changing her clothes and got on her fluffy bed. “I’m okay. Waeyo?”

“Nothing. It’s just… I was wondering if you knew the reason behind Junhyung’s bad mood tonight. After dinner, I went to his house but he got that dark aura. I asked him why but he didn’t answer. As usual, I told him everything that happened today but when I accidentally mentioned your name, he told me not to bring your name in my conversation with him anymore.”

“I don’t know.” Jihyo could hear Doojoon sighing on the other line. “Seriously.”

“I apologize on Junhyung’s behalf if he has done anything bad to you, Hyo.”

“He did nothing, oppa.”

“Good, then. Well, good night. Sorry for disturbing you, Hyo.”

“Night.” with that, Jihyo hung the phone up. She took one pillow and covered her face with it then screamed her lungs out.

Still, it didn’t help at all.

 

~~~

 

A week had passed and everyone still had no idea why Junhyung was so emo lately, even Yoseob didn’t dare to open a conversation with him. Doojoon had tried to talk to Junhyung but the younger boy kept on being silent.

“Hyung, what’s wrong with Junhyung hyung?” Dongwoon asked to Doojoon while turning the Wii on. He was in Hyunseung’s room with his hyungs but of course Junhyung wasn’t there with them.

Doojoon sighed. “I know nothing.”

“Does it have any relation with Jihyo?” Yoseob stuffed the potato chips into his mouth. “Because I think so.”

Kikwang furrowed his forehead. “Uh? What’s with my Jihyo?”

“Your Jihyo? Am I hearing it right?” Doojoon blinked oh so innocent. “You like Jihyo?”

“A-- Aniyooooooo.” Kikwang’s cheeks turned as red as tomato in a snap. “I--“

“You like Jihyo, don’t you? I can see it, Mr. Lee.” Hyunseung commented. “Don’t lie to me.”

“I--“ Kikwang looked down. “Yes.”

Dongwoon stopped playing and sat next to Doojoon on the floor. “Since when did you like noona, hyung?”

“I don’t remember.” Kikwang grinned, earning a playful smack on the back of his head from Doojoon. “Yah! What was that for?”

“For keeping a secret from your bestfriends.” Doojoon easily replied then turning the Wii off since no one seemed interested to play it.

“Do you like her that much?” Yoseob asked in a serious tone.

Kikwang let out a small laugh. “Why so serious, Seobbie? Do you like her?”

“Seriously. Do you like her that much?”

“Up to the point that I can’t smile without seeing her around me. Wae?”

“Nevermind.” Yoseob shook his head and forced a smile. He knew he couldn’t tell it right in front of anyone there or else it would cause a problem.

 

~~~

 

Junhyung starred at his phone, at a phone number to be exact. He wasn’t sure whether he should try to call her or not. He glanced at his clock on the wall and sighed. It was already 1AM so people usually had already fallen asleep now. But he just couldn’t help it, he wanted to know the truth soon.

After taking a deep breath, Junhyung finally pressed the call button.

One.

Two.

Three.

Junhyung was about to cut the line off when suddenly a voice greeted him from the other line. “Yoboseyo.”

Junhyung was speechless. It was his first time hearing her voice on the phone. Her voice was like a music in his ear.

“Yoboseyo? Hello?”

“It’s me. Junhyung.”

There was a short pause and Junhyung could imagine that person blinked in confusion.

“Hyo? You still there?”

“A-- Yes. Mianhae.”

“Can we meet up at the park near your home now?”

“W--“

“Please?”

“Okay.”

“Good. See you there.” Junhyung quickly hung the phone up and grabbed his jacket. A small smile crept on his face as he made his way to the park. For some odd reason, he felt rather happy after hearing Jihyo’s voice earlier.

It only took about ten minutes for Junhyung to reach the park. He decided to wait at the entrance of the park in case Jihyo would hardly find him.

“Oppa.”

Junhyung turned his head to where that voice came from and he felt the urge to just pull her in his embrace but he tried not to.

Jihyo walked closer to him and stopped two meters away from him. “Waeyo? It’s already past midnight you know.”

Junhyung smirked and stepped closer to Jihyo. “We haven’t introduced ourselves properly, right?”

“Huh?”

“We are friends, but I haven’t introduced myself properly to you. Am I right?”

Jihyo was dumbfounded. She could only nod her head slowly, trying to guess what was happening now.

Junhyung extended his hand out, still smirking. “Yong Jaesoon.”

A minute later, the fact hit Jihyo’s mind.