05

Back to You

Jihyo groaned as she felt something moving beside her. She snuggled closer to what-she-thought-was-a-pillow and buried her face there. Her eyebrows were connected as she smelled something that was so not like a pillow.

“Jihyo.”

‘Huh? Pillow can speak?’

“Yah.”

Jihyo felt someone gently shaking her shoulder. ‘Wait! Why does it sound like Junhyung’s voice?’ Her eyes snapped open and she found the least person she wanted to see laying down next to her, her head on the crook of his neck. She quickly pulled away and rolled to the side, hiding her red face.

“It’s almost 9AM.” Junhyung said while walking to the window then opened the curtain. He turned back and smirked but soon it was formed into a small smile as he saw Jihyo sitting up while rubbing her eyes.

Jihyo yawned and looked around. “How did I end up here? This isn’t Seobbie’s room.”

“I brought you here.” Junhyung walked closer to Jihyo and sat next to her. “This is the guest room.”

“Ah.” Jihyo nodded, she still looked so sleepy. “Thanks.”

“Go take a shower. Breakfast is--” Junhyung couldn’t finish his sentence as he felt Jihyo’s head fell on to his shoulder. He glanced at the sleeping figure beside him and chuckled. He carefully moved her head to the pillow and moved her bangs aside. He starred at Jihyo’s sleeping face but the knocks on the door disturbed him. “Come in.”

Yoseob popped his head inside the room. “Is she still sleeping, hyung?”

Junhyung nodded then got off of the bed. He walked towards the younger boy then glanced at Jihyo. “Don’t wake her up unless she wakes up by her own will.”

“Arasseo, hyung.” Yoseob made ‘ok’ sign with his thumb and index finger.

“I’m going.” Junhyung walked past Yoseob but stopped as he felt the blonde one grabbed his shoulder.

“Where are you going?”

“I have an appointment with Haeri.”

Yoseob snickered. “That again.”

“Respect her, shorty.”

“You want me to respect a girl who has hurt you? No way, hyung.”

“Whatever. I gotta go.” with that, Junhyung left.

Yoseob could only shake his head. ‘Hyung really is a nice person. A little too nice.’

 

~~~

 

Junhyung looked at his Adidas watch on his left wrist. It was already 11AM but Haeri was still nowhere to be seen. He sighed and closed his eyes, calming himself down. It wasn’t the first time that she came late, she always did. Just when he was about to go to the restroom to freshen himself, a girl appeared in front of him. He was a bit startled, but he calmed down after seeing who it was.

“Haeri.”

Haeri took her shadows off. “Sorry I’m late.”

“Like always.” Junhyung chuckled and slumped down on the sofa at the same time with Haeri. “So?”

“Can we--“

“Start over again as friends? You know I always consider everyone as my friend. No need to beg for my permission to be my friend.”

“But--“

“I always treat you bad after we broke up? I don’t think so. I’m just not in the same type like Yoseob who always treats everyone oh so nice.”

Haeri let out a bitter laugh. “So you’re still not over her, your fantasy friend.”

“What-- She is real.” Junhyung looked at her without any emotion on his face. “She is alive.”

“Tsk. Then where is she right now? You’ve been searching for her for almost four years but look at what you’ve got.” Haeri smirked. “You got nothing.”

Junhyung kept silent for a while. He tried to look cool but actually he wanted to just slap the girl across him. “What made me so blind to ever choose you as my girlfriend?”

“I’m irresistible.”

“I was so blinded way back then. You witch. You made me believed that you could help me to find her but actually you just pulled me away from that hope. I shouldn’t have accepted you as my girlfriend.”

“As a girlfriend, I’m not that nice to let my boyfriend only concern about his fantasy friend and forget about his own girlfriend.”

Junhyung stood up and smirked. “We’re really over here. Thanks.”

Haeri blinked. She was expecting Junhyung to yell at her or show some anger but he didn’t. He just walked out from the coffee shop calmly, he even thanked her. Without realizing it, a single tear escaped from her eye. She realized that today was really the end of her relationship with Junhyung. They actually broke up since three weeks ago but she thought she still could get him back.

She was wrong.

 

~~~

 

Jihyo turned the television off since there was nothing interesting. She grabbed her phone on the coffee table beside the couch and texted her brother, telling him that she was still at Yoseob’s house.

“Hey.” Doojoon smiled. “May I sit here?”

“Of course, duh.” Jihyo rolled her eyes then laughed.

There was a long pause before Doojoon finally spoke up again. “Hyo.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you, by any chance, hate Junhyung?”

Jihyo raised her eyebrow in respond.

“Don’t hate him.”

“Huh?”

“He acts cool, I’m sure you realize this. I know you two never talk more than a few short sentences. But please, don’t hate him. He may look okay but he is so fragile indeed. He needs people to cheer him up.”

“I-- I don’t understand.”

“He doesn’t smile unless he is really happy. But a few days ago I caught a small smile crept on his face as he saw you laughed with Kikwang and Yoseob. I was so shocked because even Yoseob’s aegyo never works on him. So please, don’t hate him even though he treats you not too well.”

“I--“

“Junhyung has someone special in his heart, someone whom we don’t even know. He has been searching for her for years but she is still nowhere to be found.”

“Is she dead?”

Doojoon shook his head. “I don’t know.”

“What’s her name?”

“We would have already found her if we knew her name.”

Jihyo gave an understanding nod to Doojoon.

“Hyo, please do what I’ve requested to you. I don’t know what Junhyung sees in you but at least you ever made him smiled and I know it means something.”

Jihyo let out a sigh and nodded. “I’ll try, oppa.”

“Thank you.” Doojoon patted Jihyo’s head twice and smiled.

Both of them turned their heads towards the door as they heard it slammed open. Junhyung walked in to the house, he looked so pissed off. He went straight to the kitchen without saying anything to Doojoon and Jihyo.

Jihyo gave Doojoon a questioning look as if she was asking for permission to do something.

Doojoon nodded. “Go talk to him.”

Jihyo sighed then walked to the kitchen where Junhyung was. She hesitatingly approached him but stopped a few meters away.

“J-- Junhyung op--pa.” she stuttered and mentally slapped herself for not being able to call him properly.

Junhyung, who was drinking coke, just eyed Jihyo.

“Are you okay?”

“Do I look like I’m okay?”

Jihyo quickly shook her head and looked down.

Junhyung smirked. “Then why did you ask?”

“Yah!” Jihyo looked up and pouted. “I was just trying to be nice.”

“You don’t need to.” Junhyung walked past her but stopped after a few steps. “Don’t try to get close to me.”

Jihyo looked at his back in disbelief as he walked out from the kitchen. ‘Aish! I bet Doojoon oppa is so stupid for thinking that I mean something for that bastard.’

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY ARABIAN PRINCE SON DONGWOON!

B2UTIES LOVE YOU!