04

Back to You

Jihyo kept on rolling to the sides, she was sleepy but she couldn’t sleep even though it was already midnight. She starred at the ceiling, hoping that she could find the reason why she couldn’t sleep. Four days had passed after Jihyo and the boys came to Junhyung’s house, and she couldn’t sleep since then.

Jihyo grabbed her phone on the nightstand table and quickly texted Yoseob. He was the closest person to her for now.

 

To : Seobbie. ^^

I can’t sleep, Seobbie. :(

 

Not long after that, Jihyo felt her phone vibrated. One new message.

 

From : Seobbie ^^

I’m still wide awake. Wanna talk?

 

Jihyo closed the message feature in her phone and pressed the call button on Yoseob’s number. He picked up after the second tone.

“Waeyo eh?”

Jihyo sat up straight and folded her legs. “I don’t know. I just… I can’t sleep, oppa.”

“Do you have insomnia?”

“No.” Jihyo could hear someone asked ‘Who is that?’ on the background, it was probably Kikwang. “Is that Kikwang oppa?”

“Uh? Oh, yes.”

“Are the boys there?”

“Yepp. Tomorrow is Saturday so it means no class! Hahaha… So we decided to sleep over in my house.”

“May I come in?”

“Are you serious, Hyo? Of course! Come in!”

“Gonna be there within ten minutes.”

“Okaaaaay~ I’m waiting here.”

Jihyo hung the phone up and changed her clothes. She wore a grey hoodie with black short pants and quickly went to Yoseob’s house on foot. Thanks God her brother wasn’t home again tonight.

Jihyo knocked on Yoseob’s front door. She was about to knock it again when suddenly someone slowly opened it. Her eyes almost jumped out from their sockets as she realized who it was.

“Come in.” Junhyung's deep voice sent shivers down to Jihyo’s spine but for some odd reason, Jihyo wanted to hear it more. She stepped out from her shoes and followed that boy to Yoseob’s room, where the others were.

“Hyoooooo!” Kikwang jumped out from Yoseob’s bed and ran to her. He gave Jihyo a bear hug, swaying her to the sides. She could feel a stare on her back but she just shrugged it off.

“Yah!” she pulled away. “I’m not a Teddy bear.”

Kikwang smiled, his eyes formed into two tiny slits. “You’re my Teddy bear.”

“Oh shut up.” Jihyo rolled her eyes and went to Yoseob’s bed. She sat next to Dongwoon who was reading a book on the bed. “Woonie, where is Yoseob?”

Dongwoon closed his book and yawned. “I don’t know. I was busy reading this book, noona.”

Just when Jihyo was about to ask Doojoon about Yoseob, that visual magnae suddenly appeared with a sad look on his face. “We run out of snacks.”

“Just go buy it, duh.” Doojoon commented, stretching his arms out.

“I’m too lazy to go out.” Yoseob pouted. He looked around his room and his gaze stopped at Jihyo. “Hyo? Please?”

“Yah! How dare you asking a girl to go buy the snacks? You--” Kikwang protested.

“It’s okay, oppa.” Jihyo cut them off. She walked to Yoseob and messed his hair. “Just give me the money. I don’t bring my wallet.”

Yoseob handed her his wallet. “Bring it. Use my money as much as you need, Hyo.”

Jihyo nodded and walked out from Yoseob’s room. As she was about to open the front door, she suddenly felt someone 's presence behind her. She turned her head to take a look on that person’s face and she almost fainted seeing who it was.

It was Junhyung.

“I’m not gonna let you go by yourself in the midnight like this.”

“A-- Thanks.” Jihyo nodded. She mentally slapped herself for offering a help to do this.

They walked together in silent. Jihyo kept on biting her lower lip as they walked, she didn’t have the guts to start a conversation with Junhyung. Unfortunately, the nearest minimarket was already closed so they had to go to another minimarket by bus.

Jihyo was about to pull the money out from Yoseob’s wallet but Junhyung stopped her. He paid the snacks with his own money instead. “Don’t use Yoseob’s money that much, he needs it to pay for his ice cream.”

Junhyung took all the plastic bags, not letting Jihyo bring even just one.

“Yah. Gimme one.” Jihyo grabbed the plastic bag in Junyung’s left hand. She felt her heart beating faster as her hand accidentally touched his.

They stopped by the bus stop and waited for the bus.

Ten minutes.

Fifteen minutes.

Twenty minutes had passed but the bus hadn’t come yet.

“Seems like we have to walk.” Junhyung broke the silent. He turned to Jihyo, waiting for her reply. She let out a heavy sigh then nodded.

None of them dared to speak again. Jihyo saw a group of drunken boys a few meters away in front of her and she got scared in a snap. She never liked drunken boys. Junhyung, who noticed that she slowly shifted to walk behind him, grabbed her hand and pulled her back to his side again. He instinctively wrapped his arm around her waist without saying anything, making her heart thumping like crazy.

Jihyo could feel the drunken boys’ stares on her as Junhyung and she walked past them. Junhyung pulled her closer to him as one of the boys started teasing her. Fortunately, none of them dare to do anything to Jihyo. Thank Junhyung for this.

“Hyoooo~ What took you so long?” Doojoon asked worriedly as Jihyo and Junhyung entered Yoseob’s room, Junhyung already took his hand away from her waist though. “I thought you were lost.”

Jihyo unloaded the snacks from the plastic bags. “The nearest minimarket is already closed so we went to another minimarket which is far enough. And we missed the bus on the way back home.”

“Let’s eat!” Dongwoon shouted. He opened one of the snacks and ate it by himself. Hyunseung took the potato chip and shared it with Kikwang.

Jihyo chose the pop corn and opened it. She looked around, searching for a partner to share it with since the portion of that pop corn wasn’t for a person. Her gaze stopped at Junhyung who was sitting on Yoseob’s fluffy bed and watching television alone while the others were busy snatching each other’s snack away.

Jihyo took a deep breath before approaching Junhyung. She purposely coughed, making him looked up at her. “Want some?”

“Sure.” Junhyung moved aside so Jihyo could sit next to him on the bed. They shared the pop corn in silent. Honestly, Jihyo wanted to start a conversation with him but she didn’t know where to start.

It was almost two in the morning and Yoseob had already fallen asleep with Dongwoon’s head on his shoulder. Doojoon yawned and placed his head on Yoseob’s lap, trying to sleep while Kikwang and Hyunseung slept hugging each other. Nobody in that room realized that Jihyo had fallen asleep on Junhyung’s shoulder with his head on top of hers.