01

Back to You

“See ya tomorrow, Jihyo.”

Jihyo smiled and waved her hand towards Minkyung who had just bid goodbye to her. She packed her stuffs and slumped down on her chair.

“Today was really a tiring day. Thanks God school is over.”

It was Friday so no one stayed longer than 6PM. Besides, today was the first day of the new semester, so there was still no homework for the students. Almost all of the students in this high school would stay until 9 or 10PM on other weekdays. It wasn’t something surprising that students from this school studied until night.

Jihyo got up from her seat and stretched her arms up in the air. She looked around her class, noticing that she was the only one there. She sighed then slung her bag on her shoulder and walked out from her class. She stopped by the dance class and hesitatingly went in.

“One try wouldn’t hurt, right?”

Jihyo nodded to herself and threw her bag to the corner of this full-mirror room. She walked to the center of the room and played the song from her iPod. Since no one was there, the music blasted loudly without being plugged in to the speaker.

Jihyo let her body dance, following the rhythm of the music. She danced freely as if there was no tomorrow and no one would stop her. She stopped a few minutes later to catch her breath, the music was still playing.

“Do you like dancing?”

Jihyo, who was laying down on the cold floor, quickly sat up straight and turned her head towards someone who was leaning on the door frame. It was a boy wearing the same uniform as her and his face was gorgeous, the most stunning boy Jihyo ever met. He smirked, sending shivers down to Jihyo’s spine.

“N-- No.” she stuttered.

That boy walked closer to Jihyo, he still had that smirk on his face. He squatted beside her so he could get a better view of her face. “Really? You danced well.”

Jihyo felt the heat rushed up to her cheeks and she quickly looked away. “I’m not that good.”

“I don’t think so.” he chuckled and ruffled Jihyo’s hair, making her speechless. “Practice well. I’m going.”

Jihyo watched his back as he walked out from the dance class. She knew that boy was a student in this high school but she didn’t remember his name. After thinking for almost fifteen minutes and still got no answer, she just shrugged it off. She grabbed her bag and made her way to her home.

 

~~~

 

“I’m home~” Jihyo sang. She knew her brother wasn’t home but she just felt like saying it. After her parents passed away, she only had her brother as family.

Jihyo quickly took a bath and got on her bed. She grabbed her phone on the nightstand table only to find she got a message.

 

From : Oppa <3

I’m gonna work until midnight. Don’t wait for me. Lock all the doors and windows before sleeping, I have the duplicate key. Sleep well, Hyo~ <3

 

Jihyo smiled upon reading the message from her older brother. She put her phone back on the nightstand and pulled the blanket up to her chest, slowly drifting to her dreamland.

 

~~~

 

“I think you should hang out with us more.” Minkyung commented as Jihyo ended telling her about what happened in the dance class last night. “So you will know all the students here, not only your classmates.”

Jihyo let out a heavy sigh and put her head on her folded arms on the table. “Socializing is not my speciality.”

“Can you describe him more? Who knows I know who it was.”

Jihyo closed her eyes, remembering that boy.

“So?”

“I can’t. I-- I don’t know how to describe him specifically and--”

“OH MY GOD!” Minkyung gasped and quickly covered with her hands. “Kikwang is in this history class?”

Jihyo followed her bestfriend’s gaze and she herself almost fainted. No, not because of Kikwang. It was because of him, the boy last night. There he was, walking in to her class with the other boys.

Jihyo could see the sparks in Minkyung’s eyes as Kikwang asked whether the seat beside her was owned or not. Minkyung shook her head and Kikwang happily sat down, starting a conversation with her.

“We meet again.”

Jihyo snapped back and looked at her right side only to be surprised that the boy last night was sitting next to her. She felt her heart beating faster and she couldn’t help it. “N-- Ne.”

“Hyung! You scared her!” a blonde haired guy slapped that boy’s arm and chuckled. He looked at Jihyo and smiled. “Please don’t mind him, ne?”

Jihyo could only nod her head.

“I’m Yoseob btw. Yang Yoseob.” the blonde haired guy extended his hand, offering a handshake.

Jihyo took his hand and shook it a bit. “Kwon Jihyo.”

“Nice name.” Yoseob smiled again. He was about to say something but the teacher had already come.

“Alright.” the teacher clapped her hands twice, making everyone sat down on their seats. “I’m Mrs. Han Raeji, your teacher for this history class. So, open your text book and read page 3--“

Jihyo couldn’t hear any sound as she was already sleeping. History never got her attention.