Gate 2

Love at First Flight

- 2:40p.m.-

At last, Lizzy couldn't stand another silence, so she tried to start up a conversation with the blonde. "So… How's your head? Does it still hurt?" Lizzy attempted to make a smile and be friendly as much as possible, but the blonde simply replied, "It's fine now. You don't have to worry about it." …That's it? I guess she doesn't have a slightest intention to become friends, huh. Although Lizzy realized the blonde didn't want to talk to her, Lizzy wasn't the type of a girl who would back down easily. Rather, the fact that the blonde didn't care about Lizzy made her want to become friends with her even more. "That's a relief! By the way, my name's Park Lizzy. What's your name?" The blonde finally looked at Lizzy straight in the eye, but with a why-are-you-so-weird stare. Lizzy thought maybe the blonde would not tell her name, but to her surprise, the blonde replied, "...Im Nana, Miss Park." Lizzy was so happy that Nana had told her name, but she couldn't understand why she was this happy. It's not like someone special told me her name… "Nice to meet you, Nana unnie! Also, you don't have to call me Miss Park. Just call me Lizzy! You're probably older than me anyway" Lizzy said with a bright smile. Nana seemed like she was thinking about something when she saw Lizzy smiled but soon replied, "Okay, Lizzy. Also, you don't have to call me unnie, you know?" "It's fine. I actually like calling you unnie cause I've always wanted an older sister. But that is if you don't mind me calling you like that." To Lizzy's response, Nana smiled gently with a cute eye smile. That moment, Lizzy felt her heart beat fast. Why is my heart beating so fast all of a sudden?? It's not like I'm in love with her…right? Lizzy was puzzled by this, but decided to ignore what she felt towards Nana.

 

-2:55p.m.-

"You're 22!? How did you become a flight attendant in such a young age?!" Lizzy and Nana had been having a pleasant talk until Lizzy found out she and Nana were only a year apart. Lizzy was going to say but you look so old for your age!, but decided to keep this to herself. "Oh, I'm not an official flight attendant yet." "Huh?" "I'm a trainee right now. I've had mock flights, but this is actually my first time to be on a flight with real passengers," said Nana calmly. "Wow, but you seem so professional. You don't seem nervous at all!" If someone told Lizzy that Nana had been working as a flight attendant for a while, she would've believed it without any doubt. "Of course I'm nervous. I'm just not good with showing my emotions." Nana smiled sadly. But, Lizzy thought that was kind of cute, but she didn't say it to Nana because it seemed like that was a complex to her. There was a silence after that, and Lizzy didn't like silence, so she tried to move away from that topic. "Nana unnie, don't people say you remind them of a desert fox?" Nana seemed a bit taken back by Lizzy's sudden question, but answered, "No. You're the first person to say that." "Really? Cause you look like a cute little desert fox," said Lizzy with a grin. Nana's face turned into a hint of red from both embarrassment and a little bit of joy. She said, "You're making me feel embarrassed, Lizzy. But thanks. I like desert foxes, so I guess I should be glad. You, by the way, remind me of a beagle. I should call you Park Beagle from now on." Nana chuckled jokingly. Meanwhile, Lizzy thought, She's not bad at showing emotions. I wonder why she thinks she can't. It's true that Lizzy thought Nana was a cold-hearted, ice princess in the beginning. However, the more Lizzy got to know her and the more she listened to Nana talk, her impression towards Nana had changed 180 degrees and made Lizzy want to get to know her even more.