Gate 1

Love at First Flight

 

-12:04p.m.-

Park Lizzy was at the airport, waiting for her flight at 2pm for Seoul. 

Ugh, waiting for 2 hours is a pain in the , Lizzy thought to herself. Lizzy had been at the airport since 11:30a.m. because she didn't want to have a slightest chance of missing her flight. Unlike what other people assumed, Lizzy was very organized and strict on time. People think she's blood type B or O, so they get surprised when they find out that she's actually blood type A. 

Anyway, Lizzy had forgotten to bring things to entertain her during the wait, like books and games. "I'm so bored," Lizzy murmured to herself. What's there to do anyway? I'm done looking around the duty-free, and I'm not hungry enough to go eat somewhere. Lizzy tried hard to think of something to do during the ample time she had in her hands; she didn't like boredom very much. Then, she looked outside the window. Today's such a nice day out. I guess the flight won't be delayed, so that's good… Looking at the beautiful weather and the cool air-conditioned temperature inside the airport made Lizzy a bit sleepy. After all, she had pulled an all-nighter last night to pack. Maybe I should take a quick nap. I have nothing to do for 2 hours anyway, so this may be the best idea. Like that, Lizzy fell into a deep sleep. 

 

-1:53p.m.- 

"Excuse me, Miss? ….Miss?" 

Lizzy heard someone say something very close to her, and the person gently shook her shoulder to wake her up. "Ugh, what is it…? I'm really tired, so just let me sleep….ple..a..se." Lizzy, with a slight irritation in her tone, tried to ignore this stranger and tried to fall back asleep. "Miss, please wake up. Are you planning to take the 2pm flight to Seoul?" "…Yea, why" said Lizzy while her eyes still closed. "Well, the flight is about to take off in 4 minutes, so you better board now or else you're going to miss it." "….WHAT?!" Lizzy rapidly got up, and she ended up banging her against the stranger's head. "OW!!!!" Lizzy screamed, holding where she bumped her head. She opened her eyes and saw a beautiful, tall, blonde flight attendant on her on the ground pressing her head as well. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! A…Are you okay?" Lizzy panicked but was mesmerized by the blonde's absolute beauty at the same time.The blonde stood up, and Lizzy saw a slight tear in her eyes; it must have hurt bad. "Yes, I'm fine. Anyway, please board now so that the flight can depart. Other passengers have been waiting for you." "Oh, right. I'll get in now." 

 

-2:21p.m.-

The flight finally took off the minute Lizzy sat on her seat. Surprisingly, there was no one sitting next to her. Yesss! I get to have this seat all by myself. But, Lizzy's luck didn't last long; a flight attendant came by and told Lizzy that another flight attendant will be sitting next to her during the flight. Lizzy thought, I really hope it's not the flight attendant I hit that's gonna sit next to me. But, Lizzy's hope was shattered when the blonde flight attendant sat next to her after the flight attendants finished distributing headphones and water. Wow, this is awkward, thought Lizzy. She's probably mad at me cause I almost missed the flight and hit her head… Lizzy slightly turned her head to take a peak at the girl next to her and saw that the girl was just sitting there, looking at the blank wall in front of her as if she was trying to imply that she was mad and to tell Lizzy not to talk to her. She could've at least said hi or something. She looks cold-hearted, too. Lizzy wouldn't have minded sitting next to the blonde if it was going to be a short trip, but of course, life wasn't that easy -- her flight was supposed to take at least 14 hours to land. This is going to be a looong flight in two different ways, thought Lizzy and let out a deep sigh.