Chapter4b

Jongin's Story

 

 

To: Xing, Ssuho, Mean-Seok, LuLu, Krease

 

I'll do it now

 

That was the last message Jongin sent when he was about to tell his father about his plan to moving out. Minseok and Yixing were at their workplaces, preparing to go home, Suho was waiting for his food at a fast food drivethru, while Luhan was at Kris' place, working on a project when they got that message. And there was this weird anxiety surrounding them, either from the slight excitement about finally moving Jongin out from his dad's house, or maybe because how clueless the situation and all of the scenarios about what could happened, silently planning some other plan for every scenarios they could think of at that time.

 

It was right, moving Jongin out wasn't exactly easy, but not as hard as what they expected to be. Jongin got a pretty hard slap, insults and being shouted at when he told his dad that he was moving out. That was expected though, but being called ungrateful was a lot better than some other scenarios, like, his dad could lock him in that house forever, or he could got beaten up half dead, not that that was never happened before.

 

Jongin looking around his room for the last time, remembering every detail he knew he is going to miss later. His room was everything but fancy, it has plain dirty white walls, a bed and a table, but it was the most comfortable place he had, and also his small hideout, witness of all his tears and muffled sobs at night. He put a small album photo filled with a lot of memories from his childhood into his school bag along with his school supplies, some certificates and trophies he won, and some papers. Few minutes later, he was standing in front of his house, staring at the only place he ever called home for all of his life until that day. A place that he somehow believes he would never touch anymore. But he decided that what he did was for the better, so, he took a deep breath and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

 

44 minutes, all of other boys except Minseok counted, was exactly how long they need to wait until they got another news from Jongin. Minseok only counted until 42, because exactly 42 minutes after Jongin's first text, a picture of Jongin's grinning face, which Jongin put it himself, flashing on his phone screen, and when he pick it up, even before he could say hello, the person on the other line already saying, "Okay, I'm homeless now, you better get my room ready in 30 minutes!"

 

And Minseok sent a text message to the other boys right away,

 

To: Luhan, Kris, Suho, Yixing

 

He's moving in tonight..

Help ~

 

==========

 

The moving process itself was fun, well, they tried to make it as fun as possible. They were preparing Jongin's room at Minseok's house together.

 

It was all good, yeah, if good was including Minseok and Jongin arguing for half an hour at a wallpaper shop to simply decide what color of wallpaper they were going to buy. Because Minseok said it was his house too so he had the right to at least contributing in the decision making, while Jongin was arguing that it was his room, while the other boys thought that Minseok and Jongin just can't not arguing over anything. "It was just wallpapers!' Yixing frustratingly said when they didn't see any progress in the so-important-decision-making-of-the-damn-wallpaper. And finally, they agreed to buy white wallpaper with small cool grey stripes. And the argument continue when they were at a curtain shop where Minseok and Jongin arguing about whether they should buy white curtain with black pattern or black curtain with white pattern.

 

Luhan and Yixing bought a new set of bedcover for Jongin, so, no more argument, because Luhan and Yixing were much better at discussing things. Thankfully.

 

Jongin's dad didn't allow him to bring anything from his house, except school supplies and 'some useless trophies' according to his dad. Suho gave him almost half the contain of his closet, in which, Jongin gladly said, "I'll pick myself!" While Kris bought him a pair of new shoes, a brand new shoes Jongin been saving to buy, and that made Kris at the whole new level of Jongin's most favorite person on earth.

 

Sure, Jongin sometimes would still cry at night, hugging the picture of when he was still a little with his mom and dad. But slowly he learn to forgive his dad who gave up on him, and wishes him happiness, he also learn to cherish all the happy memories while making new happy memories with his friends, and hoping that one day, he could meet his father again, hopefully in a lot better condition, no more fight and hatred.

 

He now have a new photo frame on his nightstand beside the old photo frame of him and his family, a picture of him with the other boys, smiling happily like they can conquer just anything as long as they're together. Well, sometimes he would slam the photo upside down when he had a fight with no other than Minseok, some childish and irrelevant fight, but he would always put it back to its original position before he fell asleep.

 

Yes, he still has almost daily battle with Minseok over remote control, last cup of milk or last egg in the fridge. Yes, he was still trying to get used to his new daily routine. Yes, he was still struggling in between dance practices, work and school. Yes, it was tiring. Yes, it was hard. But no, he wouldn't give up. Because there always Minseok who taking care of him like a brother, bring him a cup of warm milk after a long and tiring dance practices. Because there always Suho who from time to time, magically appearing at their house bringing him foods, even though he was sure that eighty percent of the reason wasn't him, but Minseok. Because there always Kris who help him with the majority of his homeworks no matter how late it was on the day. Because there always Yixing who help him at his workplace. And there also Luhan, who would be his partner in crime and the one who bring them all together.

 

So, yes, he IS happy.

 

a/n: Finally.. the last chapter.. I'm sad though :/ Anyway, thanks to whoever read this story until this far :)