Chapter2

Jongin's Story

 

 

 

It was late at night, Luhan was still lying flat on his stomach, busy doing his English homework when his phone ringing. He was pleasantly surprised when he saw Jongin's face on his phone's screen. He sat up on his bed and answered the phone call, "Yes, Jongin?"

 

There was no reply from the other line. Luhan furrowing his eyebrows, "Jongin? Are you there?" He tried again.

 

"Lu... Luhan.." Finally someone speaking on the other line, but it sounds like Jongin was either crying or ran out of breath from running for an hour straight. Luhan straighten his back, all kind of scenarios running in his head, from the probability of Jongin attacked by his enemy, kicked out from his house, breaking up with his imaginary girlfriend or boyfriend, or maybe Minseok didn't reply to his text again, whichever it was, it must be serious.

 

"Jongin? What's wrong with you? What happened?" Luhan sounded just as panic as a mother hen losing her child.

 

"Can.. can you come? Please? I.... can you just come please?" Jongin said, and Luhan was sure he was crying, and it was pretty sure something more serious than Minseok not replying his text.

 

"What happened? Oh my God, Jongin, where are you?" Luhan didn't know where Jongin was yet, but he already jumped out of his bed, grabbing his jacket and wallet, and ready to run out of his room.

 

"I'm at the park.. near our school. It's cold here... and I’m alone... can you come?" Jongin sounds devastated, Luhan almost cry himself just listening to his voice, because it was just so unlike Jongin.

 

"Okay, I'm coming! Wait there okay! Call me soon if something happened!" Luhan hung the phone call. He quickly grabs another jacket from his drawer before running as fast as possible.

 

Luhan frantically searching for Jongin once he reached the park, it was dark, making it harder to find him. While tightly holding the extra jacket on his chest, Luhan finally found Jongin at the playground area, sitting on the ground with his back pressed to the swing's pole and burying his head in between her knees. Jongin was only wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a thin white sleeveless t-shirt.

 

Luhan took a deep breath, filling some air he lost while running to his lungs. He walked slowly to where Jongin was. When it was close enough, he called his name to get his attention, "Jongin? What happened?"

 

Jongin lifted his head from between his knees, and the dim light of the park's lamp fell on his face. Luhan's caught on his breath, and his eyes widened when he saw Jongin's face. There are bruises on his face, he got a cut near his eyes and lips, he had his eyes swollen and his cheeks still wet from the tears. That wasn't Jongin he knew, not the handsome and bright Jongin he knew. That time, Jongin looks so miserable, scared and hurt.

 

Luhan crouched down in front of the black haired boy, and without saying anything, he hugged him, not even remember about the jacket. He didn't know what happened yet, but he can already feel the tears b in his eyes. Yixing always said that he was such a crybaby, but how can he not cry seeing his friend was in that kind of state?

 

Just when Jongin was shivering in his arms, he then remembers about the jacket. He released the hug and unfolding the jacket to wrap it around Jongin's shoulder. "What happened?" he asked for the n-th time. Jongin looking at him with red eyes, "My dad," he said, He... he..." he couldn't continue what he was about to say, and Luhan understand, "It's okay... it's okay..." he said as he hugged him again, "let's get out of here first!"

 

Luhan decided to bring Jongin to Minseok's place, because his place was the nearest one. They walked there in silence, Luhan didn't ask anything to Jongin, giving him some times to calm himself.

 

When they reached Minseok's house, both of them were a lot calmer and composed. Luhan knocked the door, hopefully loud enough to wake Minseok up, because he was sure Minseok was asleep already.

 

"What the.... Luhan?!" Minseok couldn't hide his shocked expression when he saw Luhan in front of his door in the middle of the night, but, it was nothing compared with when he saw Jongin with him with bruised face.

 

"Oh my God! What happened to your face? Luhan, what happened?" He rained them with questions, didn't even remember to let them inside.

 

"Can we in? We... we'll explain this later." Luhan said as he pats Jongin's back.

 

"Sure!" Minseok said as he stepped back and open the door wider for them to come inside. They sat Jongin down on the sofa of Minseok's living room, he was somehow still lost in his own thought.

 

Both Luhan and Minseok skipped a heartbeat when they saw Jongin's real condition now they were under the better light of Minseok's living room. He had purple bruises on his eyes, some cuts on his cheeks and lips. They can also see some bluish color on both of his arms and also scratches. His sweatpants were dirty and his shirt was too thin, it looks like the only thing protecting him was Luhan's jacket hanging around his shoulder.

 

Minseok tugged Luhan's hand as a sign that he wanted to talk to him. Luhan nodded his head before excusing himself from Jongin, "I'll go get some water to clean you!" He said, while Minseok said he would get the first aid box.

 

"What the hell happened Luhan?" Minseok asked as he rummaging through one of his kitchen cabinet to find the first aid box.

 

Luhan who was pouring water into a basin shook his head, "I don't know! He called me and asked me to come to the park, he was already like that when I found him. He was crying on the ground. I don't know what happened!'

 

"Should we call the other boys? I mean, maybe Suho or Yixing know something." Minseok suggested as he leaning on the kitchen's counter now clutching the first aid box to his chest.

 

Luhan put the basin on the kitchen counter next to Minseok, chewing on his lower lip, thinking. He glanced at his watch, it was 12 at night, the other boys maybe, or maybe not, was sleeping by the time, well, he was sure his boyfriend was, and they have school in the morning, but talking about priority, he thought it would be better to call them.

 

"I'll call Yixing, you try to call Suho and Kris, okay?" Luhan said after released a heavy sigh.

 

After calling the other boys, Luhan and Yixing back to the living room. Luhan helping Jongin to clean his wounds while Minseok trying to find a pair of clean pants and shirt for Jongin in his drawer, which is kinda hard, not because he doesn't have clothes, pretty much because of the size difference.

 

Less than thirty minutes later, Suho, Yixing and Kris already showed up at Minseok's place, and everyone can tell that all of them didn't even think about making themselves look presentable and just grabbed any sweater or jacket they saw, slipped into their shoes and went straight there, all of them still in their sleeping gear and bed hair, showing how much they worried about Jongin. When they saw Jongin, all kind of emotion were bursting out and reflected on their face. The ever so calm Suho had his face hardened and they can almost see the fire in his eyes. Yixing obviously tried his hard not to punch a hole at Minseok's wall, he gritted his teeth and clenched his fist, while Luhan was trying to calm him down, rubbing his back up and down. Kris' eyes almost slipped out of their sockets, he didn't know who made Jongin became like that, but they can hear his blood boiling, ready to kill someone.

 

They were all sitting down in the living room, Jongin sitting on the long couch with Kris and Minseok on each of his side, Luhan sitting on the single couch, with Yixing on the arm rest, while Suho sitting on the floor next to Minseok's legs, absentmindedly playing with Minseok's bunny slippers. No one said a word, they all wanted to know about what happened, but at the same time they didn't want to push Jongin.

 

"She said she found a pack of cigarette in my room and she told dad.." Jongin finally spoke, voice shaking, "I don't even smoke, and she never even get into my room.." he continued, but stopped halfway to take a deep breath. All other boys knew right away who he reffered as 'she', it must be his step mother. "That was 4 days ago.. Dad beat me up, not even let me explain anything. That's why I didn't show up on the weekend, I didn't want to make all of you worried." Two fresh tears rolling down Jongin's tan cheeks. "And today, she told dad that I stole her money, and here I am now."

 

All of the other boys couldn't even say anything, trying to progress the information at once. Trying to understand about people calling themselves adults, but yet, in that small living room, there's a boy beaten up twice within a week because of his step mother's lies, there's a boy being left by his parents at age 8 and has to survive alone, there's a boy who didn't know who his parents are and have to ran away from the orphanage at age 15 because he was being tortured there, there's a boy who has anything money can buy but didn't even remember when was the last time he met his busy parents, and there's a boy who has to be a witness to all his parents' fight in a place so called home. Everything doesn't sound make sense.

 

Jongin cried in silence, that was before Kris pulled him into a hug, when he finally broke down and shaking violently into Kris' chest, and in between his choked sob he said "I miss mom.."

 

 

Minseok had his hand rubbing Jongin's back, even though he knew it wasn't enough to ease his pain. Suho pressed his back to the couch, looking away to hide his tears. While Luhan buried his face into his palms, crying for his friend and Yixing encircled his arm around his boyfriend's shoulder and resting his chin on top of his head, trying not to cry himself.

 

 

 

 

a/n: I updated -___-; so... Yay~? OTL

Comment PUHLEASE!