Chapter4a

Jongin's Story

 

a/n: Yup~ chapter 4a, don't ask me why u_u

 

 

 

The next morning, Jongin woken up by the sound of someone in the kitchen. Lying awake in his bed, he listened to the sound carefully, he could hear the stove being , the sounds of eating utensils clacking, and water poured into glasses. It must be Minseok preparing breakfast. He then could hear someone talking in low voices, almost like whisper from his bed, and he wondering who that was.

 

However, Jongin felt nice. That was the first time he woke up without being yelled at since forever. And all of the sound in the kitchen making him feels like home, bringing back the memories from his childhood, when his mom was still alive, and he actually have something called family, now, what he called family was something he would rather lost than have. He was crying again.

 

Wiping the tears from the corner of his eyes, Jongin reaching out to his phone on the nightstand, it was 6.13, he still had plenty of time to get ready and go to school. He got up from his bed and walking out from his room, to find Suho was already there, sitting on the dining table drinking a cup of coffee while Minseok in the kitchen busy with breakfast, like a young married couple he thought.

 

"Good morning!" Jongin shouted out to the two of them when he entering the kitchen.

 

Suho jumped up on his seat, spilled some of his coffee to his hand in progress, "Damn Jongin! Don't do that!"

 

Minseok glancing from his shoulder, chuckled at Jongin and Suho, before reaching for a napkin and threw it at Suho.

 

"I was just saying good morning," Jongin shrugged as he pulled one chair beside Suho and sat there before continuing, "Are you always here at this hour?" He asked Suho.

 

"No, I need to bring your uniform, remember? I bring you bag and school supplies too." Suho said as he cleaning the table with the napkin.

 

"How are you feeling?" Suho asked once he was done cleaning the spilled coffee.

 

Minseok placed a cup of warm tea in front of Jongin, knowing that Jongin hates coffee.

 

After saying a short thank you, Jongin staring at his mug, tracing the edge of it with his fingers before putting both of his palms around the mug, feeling the warmth on his palm. He breathed a heavy sigh, his heart was still heavy, and his mind was still confused. "I'm okay.. I guess.." He responded to Suho's question.

 

Suho and Minseok exchanging look with each other, a knowing look. All of them knew Jongin wasn't really okay, it was impossible to be okay for him.

 

"You do know that it's okay to not feel okay right?" Suho asked him again, not really asking, more like confirming.

 

"Yeah, I do," Jongin said, not really have the energy to think about any better respond.

 

Before any of them could say anything more, Minseok turning around to face them, "Now, enough with the talking! We need to go to school soon! You, go to shower, I prepared your towel and toothbrush in the bathroom already! And you, give him his uniform! I'll finish these soon, and after that, we can eat breakfast together." He said as he pointing at both Suho and Jongin. "Now!" He said again, when he saw none of them moving from their spot, making Jongin and Suho scattered around, one running to the bathroom, and the other one to his car, where he left the uniform.

 

That was an 'easy' morning for Jongin. Back at his house, he couldn't even eat at peace, there was always someone nagging at him for things he didn't do, and some insults here and there too. But that morning, he eats without anyone judging him, and they talk about things, like homework and upcoming exam, totally like a 'normal' house. Once again, he was thankful for having friends like them.

 

==========

 

During the lunch time at school, even though everything from the outside looks normal, the atmosphere became rather awkward, they all seem like they were awake all night, which is not exactly wrong. Jongin knew what his friends wanted to say to him, it was just none of them knew how to started it. It was understandable though, because even though they were all worried about him, they didn't want to hurt him by making him choose, he himself didn't really know what he wanted.

 

But something needs to be done. So after exchanging some knowing looks and sighs here and there, Kris finally acted like the most mature one he was. He sipped his orange juice for the last time, putting down the empty can, and started the conversation no one dares to start. "So.." He started, and all the other boys started to hold their breath, "How are you feeling?"

 

Jongin lifted his head from his lunch, which he lost interest in since a long time ago, to face Kris who sat across him. He stole a glance to the other boys before back to poking his cold rice, an answered a short "I'm okay." Suddenly feels intimidated by Kris, but not exactly in a bad way.

 

Kris was arguing with himself, whether he should finish this fast but painful, or wasting their time and took a step after another. After thinking about all the pros and cons, he decided to choose the first one, because there's someone they need to save, and everyone and their mom know that nothing good would come to Jongin's way by staying in that house. Yes, even without any discussion, what they wanted was for Jongin to leave the house. He didn't know what to do next, but it's now or never.

 

"You know you're not." Kris said, rather blunt. But it's true, everyone knew that, included Jongin.

 

Jongin felt exposed, they were all know what happened already, there was practically zero chance for him to hide anything from them, pretending everything was alright and he could handle them, because, let's be real, he couldn't. "Yeah, I know." he said at last.

 

"You should just leave that house," Yixing said, he seems lost his patience already. The fact that he said something, means he just couldn't hold it any longer, because Yixing wasn’t someone who talks a lot. "It wasn't the first time things like this happened, and I bet on both of my legs that it wouldn't be the last one either." Luhan, who was propping his chin on Yixing's upper arm nodded in agreement, not on the part of Yixing betting on both of his legs of course.

 

Jongin could feel the tears b on both of his eyes, threatening to spill at any given time now. He stopped poking his rice, and now just staring at it, a million thoughts running in his mind, thousands of what if-s, thousands of how-s and why-s. There were only two options in front of his eyes now, to stay in that house or to leave, both were high risk choices, he understood. After opening and closing his mouth several times, he finally say, "I.. I don't know how to.." making all his friends raising their eyebrows in confusion.

 

"What do you mean by you don't know how to?" Kris asked.

 

Jongin released a heavy sigh, "That house," he started, "that house was the only house I ever know since forever, I just don't know what should I do if I leave that house, where should I live, or could I live alone? And... " his voice cracked, "and there are a lot of memories with my mom in that house... I just..." He couldn't continue his words and started sobbing quitely.

 

Kris grabbed Jongin's hand from across the table, letting him know that he was there, they were there. Yixing who sat beside Jongin grabbed the back of Jongin's head and letting him crying on his shoulder, Luhan was almost crying again while Suho and Minseok didn't exactly knew what to say, were lost at words.

 

"No one said you'll be alone in it." Kris said short.

 

"About that... You can stay at my house, you know." Minseok butted in, "It wasn't big or anything, but it has walls and roof. And you wouldn't live alone, at least you're with me."

 

Jongin stopped sobbing and released himself from Yixing. "I... I'm still unsure.." he said after wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his sweater.

 

Afraid that Jongin would consider going back to that house, Suho quickly cuts his speech, "Listen, there's nothing, NOTHING, good would happen to you if you staying at that house, Jongin. I know it may sound funny to ask you to leave your dad, but let's be real, he always chooses your step mother over you."

 

"And the memories with your mom," Luhan added, "It wasn't in that house, it was in your heart, and you can bring them with you everywhere you go."

 

Jongin looking up to his friends' eyes one by one, and it hits him, the fact that his friends care about him more than his so called family. All these times, they were all always there for him no matter what. Maybe he only met Luhan, Kris, and Minseok few weeks before, but he could already tell how sweet and affectionate Luhan was, how protective Kris, and even though Minseok pushed him away at first, he knew Minseok was actually care. They came running to him in the middle of the night when he needed them, they cheered on him when he was having dance competition, something his dad never did, they made him feels safer when he was with them, and they never disappoint him. Maybe, it'll work somehow. "How about living expenses? I need a job, aren't I?" He still had a doubt, just slightly.

 

"Ah!" Yixing clapped his hands like a seal, "One worker at my place was fired last week, and we're hiring now. Of course, the payment wouldn't be as much as Suho's allowance, but it's really not bad, and you only need to work five days a week, you can still have dance practices." He said cheerfully, ignoring Suho's "Why do you bring my allowance?"

 

"Sounds like a plan!" Luhan said just as excited as Yixing.

 

"So, are you in?" Kris confirmed, in wich Jongin nodded his head, still nervous but more at ease knowing that his friends were there to help.

 

Kris released a relieved breath, some things were done, Jongin already had a room and a job, now, the hardest part left, actually moving Jongin out from the living hell.

 

 

a/n2: Comment? NVM!