Chapter1

Jongin's Story

a/n: Please bare with this chap, kinda rushed, it'll better on the next chap ><

 

 

 

 

==========

 

 

Minseok was groaning and rubbing his eyes, annoyed by a loud knock on his front door. He glared at the innocent clock by his night stand and became more annoyed. Who the hell in the world thinking that it was a good idea to knock at his door at 8am on Saturday morning, precisely, on his free day from both school and work?

 

Lazily, he dragged his feet, proceeding to the front door, once bumping onto his room's door in progress. He opened the door, a little bit too hard than necessary, almost hitting the face of whomever on the opposite side of the door. Except, that whoever was actually a group of boys, that he would call his friends, if only they didn't disturbing his sleep. For then, he would just call them intruders.

 

Minseok stood there, staring at his friends one by one, judging them, hard. Luhan was wearing his usual smile, with Yixing leaning by his side, looked even sleepier than Minseok was, Kris was towering behind the two lovebirds, and finally Suho, wearing a plain black sweater, and a pair of grey jeans. Even with only simple clothes, Suho still looks ridiculously handsome.

 

Minseok cursing under his breath, he has a thousand and one reasons to do that. First, surely it was because he feels like having the worst friends in the whole universe. Second, it was freezing cold outside. Third, he just realized that he was only wearing his pajama pants and oversized cartoon t-shirt plus his bed hair as an accessories. Yeah, that wouldn't be a big problem if only Suho wasn't there looking attractive and all.

 

Minseok made a quick fix to his hair before asking, "What are you guys doing here?"

 

"I'm not really sure either..." Yixing said, earning a stab on his ribcage from Luhan's elbow. Somehow Minseok felt bad for Yixing, he must be woken up by Luhan earlier than himself, not to mention Yixing also had to work the night before too, he would spare him a hard time for a week, he thought.

 

"We bring you breakfast!" Luhan said, lifting two plastic bags on his hands. Minseok then realized that the three of them, except Yixing, brought two big plastic bags on their hands. However, if all those plastic bags were food, that means, they were not just brought him breakfast, but also lunch, and dinner, for the whole week.

 

"All of those are food?" Minseok asked, forgetting about his looks and bed already.

 

"No," Suho said, blazing his megawatt smile, "The rest are some things we are going to use to re-decorate your house! For now, let's just eat first!" and before Minseok even had the chance to say anything, the four of them storming into his house, leaving him on the front door, gaping like a goldfish out of water.

 

==========

 

"I don't remember agreeing to this idea about re-decorating my house, I don't even remember we were discussing about this." Minseok said as he shoved a piece of kimchi into his mouth.

 

"Yeah, you didn't.. We didn't say you did though...” Kris said as he pouring more water to his glass.

 

"It was Luhan's idea," Suho pointing at Luhan, who was busy taking care of the sleepy Yixing, with his chopstick, "and we think it's a good idea, so here we are today! Beside, your house really needs more color though."

 

"I think my house is just fine." Minseok said even though he quietly agreed that his house needs some color, hopefully to make it more positive.

 

"But, even I do think your house definitely needs more life in it.' Yixing finally joined in the conversation.

 

"Whatever," Minseok gave up and shoving a big piece of meat into his mouth before he realized something. "Aren't we short of one person though?" he said after he realized that their group wasn't as noisy as usual, he got used to having more people around him already. He turned his head towards Suho and asked, "Where's Jongin? He didn't come to school too yesterday. Is he sick?"

 

Suho sipped the water in his glass before answering, "I don't know," he said as he casually wiping some sauce in the corner of Minseok's lips, making the other boy’s cheek turned into a pretty shade of pink. "None of us can reach him since yesterday. Not even one of my messages got a reply. We're worried too... the last time he was missing like this..." he stopped and looking at Yixing, making all the other boys turning their heads towards Yixing too.

 

"It wasn't pretty..." Yixing bite his lower lip.

 

"What happened?" Luhan asked.

 

"It's just..." Suho hesitating for a while, "Why don't you try to contact him? He likes you a lot, maybe he will pick up your call." He said, as if he wanted to avoid the topic. However that didn't left unnoticed by the three, "Oh, well, I'll try to call him later." Minseok said after exchanging looks with Kris and Luhan.

 

The rest of the day they were busy re-decorating Minseok's house. Suho, Kris, and Yixing were in charge to change the wallpaper in Minseok's room, pretty sky blue wallpaper with small dots all over, they even managed to put some star shaped glow in the dark on the ceiling, thanks to Kris' height. While Minseok and Luhan were working on other things, changing the curtains on the bed room and living room to a bright color of pastel green, changing the bed sheets to a matching blue color as the new wallpaper, changing the table cloth to various colors and patterns, they even bought Minseok new eating utensils. All was fun, if only Jongin was there too, then it would be perfect.

 

That night Minseok sent a message to all the other boys,

 

To : Luhan; Kris; Suho; Yixing

 

He didn't pick up my calls and he didn't reply to any of my messages either

 

==========

 

On Monday, Jongin was half jumping half flying to the cafeteria, supporting his usual bright smile, eager to see his friends. Once he reached the cafeteria, his eyes quickly scanning around, and his smile grew bigger when he found his friends at their usual spot.

 

"What did I miss?" he asked as soon as he flopped down beside Suho. Almost hitting Suho's head with his lunch tray in progress.

 

"A lot...” Kris said, "Where were you these last 3 days though?" he asked.

 

"Sorry guys, I was busy with practice, there is a competition soon, and I barely have time to breathe." Jongin grinned, he took a bite on his broccoli before continuing "How was the decorating work?"

 

"Well, it wasn't bad." Minseok said as he attempted to steal a piece of carrot from Kris' lunch tray which failed miserably, causing him to pout adorably.

 

"You said it wasn't bad? It was great you know!" Luhan disagreed with just 'wasn't bad', "You need to see it Jongin, and it really was great!"

 

"Yeah, everything was great," Kris nodding his head, "Except the part where Yixing almost killed me."

 

"You wouldn't die just because you fell from one meter height, the worst you could expect was broken bones, that's all." Yixing totally said it with a painfully flat tone, making Kris almost stab him with his chopstick.

 

Jongin laughed hard, unconsciously pulling up the sleeve of his sweater, revealing a bruise around his left wrist left noticed by Kris. "What happened to your wrist?" Kris asked, his question making all the other boys at the table turned their heads towards Jongin, who awkwardly pulling back his sleeve down.

 

Grinning as if nothing happened, Jongin waved his hand, "Nothing," he said, "It was just a small accident on practice, nothing serious!"

 

Suho and Yixing exchanging looks, didn’t really buy whatever explanation Jongin gave to them. "Really?" Suho asked with a disbelief tone, and fixed his gaze towards Jongin.

 

"What's wrong with your face? Really, it's nothing serious! Why can't I have an accident though?" Jongin answered Suho's question with another question.

 

"That's Yixing's job," Suho said, earning a kick on his shin from Yixing, while Luhan, Kris and Minseok busy trying not to spit their lunch.

 

"Anyway, we are going to eat some ice cream after school, are you coming?" Asked Kris, who finally recovered from his laugh, now busy poking his fruit salad.

 

Jongin sent him and apologetic smile before saying, "I'm sorry, but I'm really busy with practice. After this competition, I'll treat you all ice cream, okay?"