The Zombie

Nightly Visits

 

Minhyun took a seat next to Aron in the studio. It was free range practice at the moment. A person could only listen and dance to their own song for so long. They needed to do something else now, to just let loose and be a bit silly for half an hour or so before going back to work.

“What’s up Minnie?” Aron asked as he placed his hand over the other’s thigh and it gently. He watched his boyfriend’s face carefully, taking in his expression before looking away. Following his line of sight, he watched as Baekho and JR danced to whatever song was playing. Aron found himself watching JR closely, watching how his body twisted with each movement; the way his muscles flexed and the sweat rolled slowly down the tan skin.

“Yah!” Minhyun said and smacked his arm.

Blinking, Aron turned to stare at him and smirked. “Don’t act like you weren’t staring either.” He said and nudged the other before stealing a kiss from him.

“!” Minhyun said and laughed as he playfully smacked him again. “That’s not what I was looking at.” He said before nodding over to the corner. “I was watching him.” He said, looking back at Ren, who was in the corner by himself. The other had noticeable bags under his eyes and he looked worn out. It was almost scary to see the cute maknae looking like a zombie.

“What’s going on with him?” Aron whispered, staring at his lover. Obviously Minhyun knew something, otherwise the other would have asked him about it. When there was a problem, Minhyun was usually the first to be either asking questions about it, or telling others what he knew so they could get a solution worked out.

“I’m not sure. He looks like death though.” Minhyun whispered back, shaking his head.

“Yeah, is he having nightmares?” Aron asked. Minhyun shared a room with the other, so he would know. Wouldn’t he?

“Not that I know of.” Minhyun said and thought carefully before shaking his head. “You know, I have noticed something.” He said.

“What?”

Minhyun turned and stared at Aron intently. “Baekho hasn’t been sleeping in our room.”

“What’s he doing sleeping with you?” Aron asked, puffing up and getting angry.

“No with me, stupid.” Minhyun said and smiled. He was glad the other would get so jealous though. It made him feel even more loved. “He would sneak in and sleep with Ren. In the mornings, I would see him and usually just the top of Ren’s head.” He said and chuckled. His laughter died down though and he frowned. “But you know, this past week or so, I haven’t seen him in the room, or heard him sneaking in. I don’t know how Ren never notices the other until morning, because damn if he’s not loud.” He said.

Aron laughed and shook his head before looking back over at the dancing men and then to Ren. Why would Baekho not sleeping with Ren make the other look that way? Was the male like a security blanket for Ren? He was pretty sure that Ren and Baekho weren’t gay, but he had never thought to ask, or even look in on the subject objectively really. Now he was curious.

“You think he’s not sleeping well without his tiger?” Aron asked.

His tiger?” Minhyun asked, cocking his head. “I didn’t think they were like that.”

“They probably aren’t, but know how you Korean people are with skinship.” Aron teased. He cried out and fell off the chair as Minhyun punched his arm and pushed him. All activity stopped in the room as three pairs of eyes turned to the feuding lovers.

“What are you two doing?” Baekho asked. “Please keep your violent love in the bedroom.” He teased, grinning.

Minhyun blushed at the comment and shook his head as he stood. “Nothing is going on. Aron’s being stupid.” He said. Pouting, Aron stood and dusted himself off.

“I’m hurt Minnie.” He said and moved to JR, hanging over the other. “Leader-shii, Minnie’s being me to me!” he whined cutely.

JR stared at Aron as he came over and draped himself over his shoulders. At the whine, he smirked. “What did you do?” he asked. Aron’s mouth fell open and he pulled away.

“You’re both so cruel.” Aron said as he walked away, shaking his head. The other’s laughed at the scene. It had taken some getting used to, but the they had going on seemed wonderful and even brought the group closer. Nothing really changed that much between them, thankfully.

“So what did he do?” JR asked Minhyun, watching him as he came over.

“Nothing, he was being silly.” Minhyun said with a smile. Leaning over, he kissed JR’s cheek and took his hand. “You guys were doing good.” He said and looked to Baekho then.

“Thanks. I try to practice every night.” Baekho said. He glanced to the clock then and frowned. “We should get back to practicing soon though, right?” he asked.

“We still have time.” JR said and grinned. “We should take a break though, my muscles are burning.” He said as he lifted a leg to stretch it out. “Don’t need to get injured.”

“Yeah.” Baekho said. “I’m going to go get something from the vending machine.” He said. “Want something?” he asked.

“Water please.” JR

“Minnie?”

“I’m fine.” Minhyun said and smiled.

“Kay.” Baekho said and turned. “Ren, going to get a drink, want anything?” he asked.  A groan left the boy as he sat there, staring off into his space. Cocking his head, Baekho frowned and looked to the others. “What’s wrong with him?”

“Have no clue.” JR said.

“I think I do.” Minhyun said and let go of JR’s hand. “I’m going to talk to him.” He said and walked over to the blond to talk with him.

Baekho watched before looking to JR. “Help me get the drinks. Think Aron will want something?”

JR shrugged and followed Baekho from the room. “Maybe. I wonder where he got off too.” He said, leaving the two boys behind.

 

Minhyun sat next to Ren, arm wrapping around the other’s shoulder. He didn’t get much of a reaction from the other, so he pulled him against him. Ren’s head landed on his shoulder with a thump and he winced slightly from the pain. “Ren, are you alright?” he asked.

“I’m fine.” Ren muttered as he let out a deep sigh. “Just tired.”

“Tired? Are you sleeping well?”

“Yeah.” Ren said. “I think.” He added. He shook his head then and groaned. “I don’t know.” He said.

“You sound confused.” Minhyun said and smiled. “I can say this though, you look like death. How many hours are you sleeping a night?” he asked.

“Three?” Ren asked. He wasn’t sure himself, but for the past week he was having a horrible time going to sleep. Or he got to sleep, but had a horrible time staying a sleep. And anytime he woke up, he would be lucky if he could go back to sleep before the sun rose.

“Three?” Minhyun asked. “Why are you having such a hard time all of the sudden? Are you having nightmares?” he asked.

“No.” Ren said, eyes closed as he rested against his friend. “I don’t know why.” Minhyun was quiet for a moment, waiting for Ren to continue. But when he didn’t, he thought he should bring up his reasoning that he came up with Aron a few minutes ago.

“Is it because Baekho’s not sleeping with you?” he asked carefully. Lifting his head, Ren frowned at the older male.

“What would that have to do with me sleeping horribly?” he asked.

“Well.” Minhyun said with a shrug. “When a person gets set in a routine or habit, it’s hard to break. And if it is broken, usually that person experiences side effects from it.” He explained. “Like someone who is addicted to caffeine. They always drink it, so they’re alert, active and fun to be around. If they had to stop drinking it for some reason ,they they’re sluggish, down and depressed.” He said.

“Are you trying to say I’m addicted to Baekho?” Ren asked, frowning.

“No! It’s just that, well Baekho sleeps with you almost every night. I can’t remember the last time he’s not been in the room when I’ve bunked with you.” He said. “Maybe you’re so used to having him there, that now that he’s not, you just can’t rest properly.” He said. Ren didn’t say anything. Instead he looked away, losing himself in his thoughts.

“Ren.” Minhyun whispered and nudged him gently. “Did you and Baekho fight?”

“What?” Ren asked, looking back at him. Fight? With Baekho? That was impossible. Sure they had their little squabbles, but it was never serious. They never fought, they were too close for that. “No. Why would you think that?” he asked.

“Well, I was just trying to think of a reason why he wouldn’t still be sleeping with you.” Minhyun said.

“God, you don’t need to make it sound like we’re gay.” Ren said. He stared at Minhyun and bit his lip. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for it to sound so mean.” He apologized.

Minhyun smiled weakly at him. “It’s alright. I know what you mean.” He said. He knew Ren didn’t really have any ill feelings towards him, Aron and JR for being in a relationship, but Ren just had this thing of being thought of as gay, though Minhyun honestly thought he was.

“What I meant was, you guys are really close friends and you’ve never complained about him being there. So I just wanted to know.”

Ren was silent for a moment as he thought on the words before sighing. “I asked him to stop coming in.” he finally answered. Glancing at Minhyun, he sighed some. “I just felt, I don’t know, weird.”

“You felt? Or it felt weird in general?” Minhyun asked.

“In general I guess.” Ren said and frowned. “No, I take that back. I think it was just me.” He said.  “I mean, I like having him sleep with me. But sometimes I just felt like I didn’t have any space. He crushes me at night.” He confessed.

“Crushes you?” Minhyun asked worriedly. If Ren was getting hurt because of it, then it was best they stopped sleeping together. Maybe his body would work something out so he could sleep well again eventually.

“Not like that. It’s just… he holds me tight. And the body heat can be over powering sometimes.” He said and smiled at the memories of waking up hot and sweaty. “But I did like having him there.” He said. “Does that make me gay?” he asked suddenly, turning to Minhyun.

“Why are you asking me that?” he asked, taken aback.

“Because you’re gay. And you sleep with JR and Aron right?” Ren asked.

“Well yeah.” Minhyun said nodded. Sighing, he rubbed Ren’s shoulder. “People sleep together all the time Ren. It doesn’t make a person gay. Women do it a lot, when they have sleep overs, but that doesn’t make them lesbians you know?” he said and smiled.

“But if you’re so worried about it and asking me that…” Minhyun trailed off, thinking. “The only person who can answer that question is you. You are the only one who can say that sleeping with Baekho like that makes you gay. And you would only question that if you may have feelings towards him that are more than just friends.”

“More?” Ren asked and looked away.  He never really stopped to think about it. Baekho was his close friend, someone he loved. But was it ‘love’ love? Could he honestly come to terms with being gay? He felt like it was something that the whole world was trying to push on him. “How can I find that out?” he asked.

“Well.” Minhyun said and smiled. “Let him sleep with you tonight.” He said. “And if you have feelings for him, more than what you’ve ever had for him, then you know the answer. If not, you’re just friends and you miss being close to your friend.” He said.

“Alright, but how do I do that without being suspicious?” Ren asked.

“Simple, I’m going to kick him out and sleep with JR tonight, alright?” Minhyun asked and grinned.

“Okay.” Ren asked. He wasn’t that excited about it, at least he wasn’t showing it on the outside. Inside though, the thought of sleeping with Baekho, alone in his room, had his heart racing. What did that mean?