Depature

Nightly Visits

 

It started one day. Schedules had pulled the members apart, separating them for different programs that shot long into the night. It was approaching the early morning when they were all finally back together under one roof. He wasn’t sure how it happened though, but somehow, most likely through a mistake, Baekho wound up in Ren’s bed with him. It wasn’t like they shared the same room. Baekho’s current roommate was JR and Minhyun was Ren’s. So how the male wound up in bed with him was beyond the blond, but it was a surprise that he hadn’t expected when he woke up the next morning.

The following days after, Ren would wake to Baekho crushing him to his body. It was strange, but nice none the less. Ren wasn’t sure why he liked being close with the other, but it just gave him a sense of security. But it was odd! Why would the other continuously sneak into his room at night and crawl in bed with him? It just seemed so strange. Confused and fed up, Ren decided it was time to confront the male, once and for all!

~*~*~

It was a quiet evening, not much going on. It was one of the rare days that they had a clear schedule and could actually spend time together in the dorm. As a group, they had to get along, work together in order to be successful. But sometimes that couldn’t happen when they rarely spend time together to catch up everyone’s lives, to rekindle their friendship and make it stronger. It was days like today that they cherished the most.

“Gin.” Minhyun announced, laying out his cards. A round of moans left everyone as they threw their cards down.

“That’s the tenth time.” JR growled.  Leaning over, Aron grabbed Minhyun’s shirt, lifting it, making the other cry out.

“Where are you hiding the cards?” he asked, hands running over smooth skin, searching for any signs of deceit.

“I don’t cheat!” Minhyun protested, smacking the hand away. His cheeks were flaming as he stood. “It’s not my fault you at this game.” He said and smirked.

“Oh ha! Mr. Smart .” Aron said and sighed. “So, another round?” he asked.

“Not if Minhyun keeps playing.” JR commented and chuckled as Minhyun flicked him off.

“There are dishes to be done anyway.” Minhyun commented. Reaching out, he gripped JR’s ear and forced the other up. “Let’s go.” He said and looked at Aron. “You too, Mr. Smart .” He retorted.

JR squirmed and whined as he was dragged into the kitchen, Aron following close. He didn’t dare back talk to Minhyun, knowing the consequences if he did. Minhyun was a spit fire when he wanted to be. People thought he was sweet and playful, if only they knew him on a personal level. He was as bad as Ren!

Baekho watched the three leave and shook his head, smirking. He was glad it was them and not him. He’d rather just sit about and do nothing. It had been some time since he had that ability. It was nice. “Another round?” he asked, glancing to the blond at the table.

“Something different.” Ren said as he gathered the cards and started shuffling them. “What about gold fish? It’s quick and easy and we can get a few hands in.” he suggested.

“So childish.” Baekho commented and laughed at the pout he received. “Deal Blondie.”  

Ren rolled his eyes at the other. After shuffling a few more times, he dealt them seven cards and the game began. “It’s nice being home for once right?” he asked before drawing a card.

“Yeah.” Baekho said as he stared at his cards, contemplating. “Got a seven?”

“To the fishing hole with you!” Ren said. He stared at the confused, contorted face Baekho made while trying to process his words. “Go Fish, stupid.” He teased.

“Oh.” Baekho said and smirked. “You’re so complicated you know that?” he asked as he reached out, taking a card. It was a match to his Jack, so he laid them to the side.

“You just now figured that out?” Ren asked and laughed. “You’re slower than then Aron-hyung is then.” He said.

“I heard that!”

Ren dropped his head and laughed at the shout. Aron could speak and understand perfect Korean whenever it benefited him. He was positive the other just acted like he didn’t understand to get on their nerves.

“Stop shouting and dry the dishes!” Minhyun called and Baekho laughed then.

“Glad that’s not me.” He said through chuckles, shaking his head. “Go Blondie.”

“Yah! Stop with the name calling. I’m not the only blond one in the room.” Ren protested as he lifted his cards and looked them over once more. “Mmm, got a Jack?” he asked.

Baekho snorted and shook his head. “No.” He grinned, watching the other draw another card and kept it. At this rate, he was going to win this game. He liked that idea. They played a few more rounds before Ren turned the tables and actually won, which Baekho wasn’t very happy about. None the less, he gathered the cards, shuffled and dealt again, starting the next game.

It was silent between them except for their occasional questions and ‘go fishes’. There was a slight tension between them and Baekho was pretty sure it was emanating from his blond friend. The longer they played, the stronger it got and Baekho started to take notice at the way Ren would glance at him from time to time and shift in his seat.

“Minki.” He said, laying his cards face down. “What’s wrong?”

Ren’s head snapped up and he stared at the other. It had been some time since the other had called him Minki. It had been such a hassle to switch from stage names to real names that eventually everyone just got used to calling the three of them by their stage names. For Baekho to use his real name, it was a bit terrifying. “Nothing’s wrong, why would you think that?” he asked.

“Well, you keep looking at me and you’re shifting a lot in your sit.”

“Yeah so?”

“And there’s a really strong tension in the room right now.” Baekho said, cocking his head. Reaching over, it pressed two fingers to Ren’s temple. “What’s on your mind?”

Sighing, Ren laid his cards face down and sat back in his chair. “Well, since you asked.” He said, looking away for a moment. “Something has been bothering me.”

“Well what is it? You can tell me.” Baekho said. “You know I’m always here to help you Minki.”

“I know.” Ren looked back at the other and sighed. “Well.” He stared and bit his bottom lip. “Why are you always sneaking into my room to sleep with me?”

Baekho said there for a moment stunned. That was the oddest question the other could ask. And certainly not what he expected the other to ask. Had he really been sneaking into the other’s room a lot? Sitting back, he thought, eyes closing. Last night with Ren, night before with Ren, night before that, with Minhyun! “I’m not always sleeping with you. I sleep in my own room too.” He protested.

Ren rolled his eyes. “But normally it’s with me.” He said, brow raised. “Right?” Baekho laughed and nodded. That was true. It was always with him. But, he couldn’t honestly tell Ren the real reason for his constant nightly visits. But he already had a relatively good excuse for the other.

“Right.” Baekho agreed, nodding.

“Why then?”

“Honestly?” Baekho asked and grinned at him. “It’s because Minhyun doesn’t like to cuddle with me.” He pouted cutely, hoping to get the other to feel sympathy. He was known as the skinship king. He loved it, whether in the spot light or home alone with the others. It wasn’t fan service to him, it was just his way of bonding with his friends.

“What?” Ren asked in disbelief. “You realize he’s not going to want to cuddle with you right?” he asked.

“This I know.  I don’t understand why then, that we even have to play Kai Bai Bo for roommates.  It should be automatic that you and I share a room.”

Ren smiled and nodded. The love those three shared for each other, was a bit awkward, but Ren didn’t judge.  As long as his friends were happy, that’s all that mattered to him. But if he and Baekho constantly shared a room together, then there would certainly be nothing stopping the other from suffocating him every night.  Then again, as Ren thought on it, being squashed every night wouldn’t be so bad. He felt safe at least, knowing Baekho was there for him.

“Ren.” Baekho said, staring at the other intently. Glancing up, Ren stared at him, cocking his head. “Do you not like it?” he asked. “I mean, me sleeping with you. Because if you’re uncomfortable, I’ll stop.” He said.

“Well.” Ren said. He liked Baekho sleeping with him, but at the same time, it was every night. And most of the times Ren just wanted to sleep the few hours they got before getting up to start the day again. With Baekho there, some nights he would wake up hot, sweaty and uncomfortable. “Would you mind stopping?” he asked.  “I kind of miss having my own space.”

Baekho smiled and nodded, but he felt so disappointed. Sleeping with Ren was the highlight of his day. He looked forward to it and that’s what motivated him to do his very best; so they could get through all the schedules, get home and he could cuddle up to the blond maknae. “I understand.” He said.

A smile spread over Ren’s face then. “Thanks Baekho.” He said and lifted his cards. “So, should we continue?” he asked.

“Sure.”  Baekho said, taking up his own cards. Continuing their game, the tension had mostly dissipated, but another feeling took its place, making both boys a bit uncomfortable. It was not a feeling that could be identified, nor did they want to face it. Because if they did, they knew their relationship would change dramatically and that was not something they were willing to risk.