Home Alone in a Power Outtage

Collection of LiveJournal NU'EST Fanfiction

LINK TO ORIGINAL STORY (this is a DeviantArt fic, not a LiveJournal)

DeviantArt Author: xVelvetDarkness

Summary: While the rest of the band is out shooting a CF, JR and Minhyun decide to kill some time with a friendly game of Truth or Dare...

Rating: PG-13

Pairing: JMin


Thunder crashed deafeningly just beyond the thin walls of the Nu'est dorm, followed shortly after by a bright flash of lightning. Minhyun was suddenly glad he had JR with him. The rest of the members were away shooting a CF, and with the current weather, probably wouldn't be back for a while. He scooted closer to his friend on the couch, they only had one blanket and he was cold. His eyes flicked between the window and the tv, where some cheezy drama was playing. He sighed and leaned his head on JR's shoulder, he would never admit it, but he had a bit of a fear of storms.

  "You ok?" JR asked, turning his attention to Minhyun.

  "I'm fine I guess." No sooner had the words left Minhyun's mouth when the biggest clap of thunder yet reverberated through the night and the entire dorm went dark.

  "Damn!" JR grumbled as he stood up. "I'll get candles." Minhyun nodded and stood up to follow him, but rather than smoothly walking over like he had hoped, he ended up tripping over a discarded blanket and falling flat on his face, just a JR was returning with the candles. "Minhyun? What happened?" He asked with concern. Minhyun just groaned in reply and pulled himself back to his feet. He took two of the candles from JR and set them on the coffee table while JR lit the other four, placing othem on various other flat surfaces in the room. Once they were all lit the two boys pulled the blankets over themselves and settled on the floor in front of the couch. The hardwood floor was smooth and glowed orange under the warm light of the mismatched candles, it added an odd atmosphere to the already slightly awkward room.

  "What should we do now?" Minhyun wondered aloud. He was staring blankly at the small yellow flame on the candle before him and hoping that the power wouldn't be off for too long. Suddenly that cheezy drama wasn't looking so bad.

  "I have an idea!" JR said, bringing his iPhone out of his pocket and quickly tapping in the code to unlock it. He clicked the image for one of his many applications and, once it opened, slid the device across the table to Minhyun.

  "Truth or Dare?" He asked, eyeing the leader suspiciously.

  "You don't want to play?" JR looked defeated, but it was clearly an overplayed act. Minhyun really didn't want to play that game, but he was willing to do almost anything to get JR to stop making his adorably bad attempt at an aegyo face.

  "I guess I'll play..." Minhyun sighed dramatically as he picked up the phone and surveyed the app's homepage.

  "Yes!" JR cheered and fistpumped the air, earning him a strange look. "What?" Minhyun didn't reply, he just shook his head and started the game.

  "Uh, truth or dare?" He asked shyly and waited for JR's reply, hitting the button for truth when the reply came.

  "Wait." JR said before he could read out the question. "Let's make a bet."

  "A bet?" Minhyun looked at him questioningly; worried.

  "Yeah! The one to chicken out loses and has to be the other one's slave all week." JR looked triumphant and Minhyun groaned, wondering what the hell he was about to agree to.

  "Fine." He said in an irritated monotone and read out the question. "Who was the last person who saw you ?" An embarrassed blush spread over Minhyun's face for some unknown reason and his dark eyed widened; suddenly he wished he hadn't agreed to this crazy deal. He watched JR's face as he thought about it, the latter seemingly unaffected by the awkwardness, or maybe it was just him.

  "I'm not sure, probably one of you guys, no one else has recently." He paused. "Your turn!" he grabbed the phone from Minyhun's hands. "Truth or dare?" Minhyun had no intention of answering any personal question but really wasn't enthusiastic about doing some freakish dare either, though the last option seemed somehow safer.

  "I'll pick dare." He said, praying it wouldn't be too hard or too gross. JR pushed the button, waiting for it to select something good.

  "The player to your left may select three condoments from the fridge and mix them together for you to eat. JR had a devious grin on his face and Minhyun gulped. He got up to go to the fridge, returning moments later with mustard, chocolate syrup and hot sauce, along with a small bowl and spoon. Just the thought of putting that putrid mixture in his mouth made Minhyun want to gag, but he wasn't about to back down so early in the game. He watched with fear as JR poured some of each into the bowl and mixed up the sickening paste.

  "Enjoy!" He said with a wide smile, "To be fair you only have to finish one spoonful I guess." Minhyun plugged his nose and took the entire thing in one go, pushing it to the back of his throat and swallowing hard. Once the mixture was out of his mouth he gasped, making a face and demanding water to rid him of the horrible taste. JR obliged, laughing as he gulped the entire cup in less than thirty seconds.

  "It's your turn now." Minhyun said, slightly hoping his friend would get something really bad.

  Their game went on for almost half an hour, dares and questions flying back and forth as they slowly got more comfortable together. They laughed hard when JR had to dance in the hallway for the old woman next door and even harder when Minhyun had to call and profess his love to Ren at the shooting. JR thought it was just the best thing the way Minhyun would stumble over every word, barely able to contain his giggles behind the mask of seriousness. How would he talk himself out of that one anyway?

  "JR, truth or dare" He asked, a devilish smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth in his excitement at what terrible could possible come next. JR picked dare. He tapped the phone and stared, horrified, at the words.

  "What?" JR asked, confused as to why Minhyun wasn't reading it out yet. He peeked over, also staring in shock.

  "Make out with the darer for fifteen seconds..." He read. He took a breath and neither of them spoke for a long moment. "I guess we have to do it then..." He trailed off.

  "Do we? Why don't you just quit?" JR stared at Minhyun in disbelief.
  "And lose? No way! Come on, it will be fine!" He said confidently, slowly moving over to where Minhyun sat crosslegged and surrounded by blankets and pillows. The latter tried backing away, but his hand caught in the blanket and he slipped on the polished floor, ending up on his back with JR hovering over him and pinning him down. JR slid the phone over to them and quickly set and alarm for fifteen seconds.  

  "Are you sure we should-" Minhyun started but was cut off by JR's lips on his. He was hesitant at first, but with some coaxing from JR, opened his mouth for the latter's tongue to slip inside. The kiss was slow and explorative and the movements were as awkward as they were curious. Neither of them really knew much about what to do in such a situation but went along with each other. JR took th lead, guiding Minhyun's timid movements with his own more assured ones. Minhyun's hands curled into fists in JR's shirt as JR's wandered along the smooth skin of Minhyun's sides. Minhyun was lost, so overcome by the strange new sensations that he didn't even hear the alarm go off; even if he had he probably wouldn't have cared. JR, on the other hand, was all too aware of the infernal beeping, seemingly right in his ear. Subtly he slid his hand out from Minhyun's shirt, quickly turning off the alarm an returning his hand before Minhyun noticed. They pulled apart just far enough to breath, both boys panting hard and looking flushed. JR was wondering if that was the end, if Minhyun would push him off and look away, blushing awkwardly before running off to his room and locking himself away until the other members return. He was shocked when Minhyun, hands still tangled in his shirt, pulled him back down, attaching their mouths once again. JR's hands found their way back into Minhyun's shirt, rubbing gently over his belly. Minhyun let out a soft sound when JR his bottom lip into his mouth, biting lightly and ghosting his fingers over a particularly sensitive spot just above Minhyun's navel.

  It was then that the full gravity of the situation hit JR; he pulled back, realizing with horror the consequences of what he was doing. He was pinning Minhyun, his friend and bandmate, to the floor, shoving his tongue down the other's throat and Minhyun was doing nothing to stop him. If he wasn't mistaken Minhyun wanted this as much as he did. He stared down at a dazed looking Minhyun, entirely shocked by his own actions, just waiting for Minhyun to come to his senses as well. Minhyun didn't make any move to do anything, he just gazed up at JR with glassy eyes before JR finally gave in. He leaned back down and captured Minhyun's lips once again. It felt nice, he thought, to finally think of himself and surrender to his own desires for once.

  Neither of them heard the knock at the door, neither of them heard it open or the rest of the band and manager walk in. It was a loud, "What the hell?!" in English from Aron that broke them from their reverie. Ren gasped.
  "But I thought you loved me?!" The blonde boy looked at them, wide eyed from shock.

  "Uh, guys? What is going on here?" Baekho's voice was calm but the look on his face spoke volumes for his confusion. Slowly the two on the floor pulled themselves apart, sitting up and looking away sheepishly.

  "We were, uh, playing truth or dare..." JR said, trying to assume his leader identity once again. "Things kind of got out of hand." The manager looked at them suspiciouslybut said nothing, opting to walk through silently, Baekhyun and Aron trailing behind. JR, being the good leader he was, got up to follow and see how the filming went, leaving Ren and Minhyun alone in the living room. He probably had some explaining to do anyway.

  "Truth or dare? Really?" Ren asked once they were alone. "Because it looked like a little more than that to me." Minhyun sighed, lowering his eyes before speaking.

  "It was at first... I didn't even want to play because, well, you know how I feel about him..."

  So how did he end up with his tongue down your throat then? Did you confess?" Ren looked curious, he always had enjoyed dirty secrets like that.

  "It was a dare; make out for 15 seconds, I guess we didn't hear the timer." Minhyun sighed, clearly disappointed that it was only just a game.

  "Why did you do it then?" Ren couldn't understand why they wouldn't simply choose another dare.

  "We had a bet, neither of us wanted to lose." Minhyun glanced over at where they had been lying on the floor, he could still feel JR's tongue tangled with his, his skin was still tingling from the way his fingers had slid over the sensitive flesh. He noticed that JR had left his phone. Ren was closer and slid it over with an amused look.

  "Maybe missing the timer was intentional." He said, just as Minhyun looked at the screen. The alarm app was still open and someone had hit snooze, there was a timer showing two minutes and fourteen seconds until the next alarm.


MY NOTE: That was hot XD