A Blur

Collection of LiveJournal NU'EST Fanfiction

LINK TO ORIGINAL STORY

LiveJournal Author: minsgunshot

Summary: It can be exciting, being the last one awake.

Rating: PG

Pairing: JMin


It had started out unintentional.

  Or perhaps that wasn’t the word for it, since Minhyun had known what would result from leaning over and bringing his face so close, that close.

  But Jonghyun hardly stirred, so it was simply a completely planned kiss with a result that took Minhyun by surprise, sent a current of electricity running through him, a jolt through his tired mind, a shock that had certainly not been expected.

  It had been the quiet of their current space; boredom, or maybe the feeling of exhaustion that permeated the room where even the drone of the television sounded like snoring.

  It had been the funny bit of secrecy to it all, the fact that the rest of them were far and deep in their own dreamy worlds and he, only he, could get away with such a scandalous, silly little act, a tiny peck, upon the innocent leader with his back propped up against the furniture.

  It had been the color of JR’s lips—always bitten bright red— that contrasted so perfectly with the pale, lifelessness of the rest of the universe at that very moment.

  Though what kept them kissing, what made their mouths begin to move with each other, what made Minhyun keep moving his face back and forth with the full knowledge that JR, eyes shut, would only follow to close any space between them with growing intensity… that was a mystery.

  Then Minhyun found himself poised right above him, balancing himself so their chests were touching, but just barely. Minhyun was now fully awake, fully aware of the embarrassingly strong urge to put his hands on Jonghyun’s hips and pull him even closer than they already were. JR’s sighs were sleepy and soft, but Minhyun could feel his heart beating a bit quicker with each second that passed.

  Then JR’s eyes fluttered open.

  Minhyun was amazed at the calm look in those half-lidded eyes that simply stared blankly while he himself—too jilted to even pull away completely—was struggling to catch his breath and find himself again.

  And then they closed completely; Jonghyun had fallen back asleep, leaving Minhyun to deal with the feeling of fire crawling through his veins.

--

  At dinner JR was grinning widely, though he looked so dazed Minhyun wasn’t too panicked.

  “What are you so happy about?” Aron wondered absently, his mouth half full.

  “I don’t know… I just had a really good dream earlier…”

  “What was it about?”
 
  Minhyun swallowed a particularly large spoonful of rice, but he kept his head down and his coughs suppressed.

  “I’m not sure, but it was just… really, really good.”

  “But you don’t know what it was about?” Baekho asked, laughing.

  Minhyun could see JR’s gaze scanning the room, flitting back and forth, like he was looking for something, but he didn’t know what.

  “Yeah, it was kind of… I don’t know how to describe it…”

  “Hazy?” Minhyun offered, finally looking up and putting on his calmest face.

  Then Jonghyun’s sight finally settled on him.

  “Yeah. Hazy.”