"My mother loves you!"

Always be Mine

 

* Third Person's Point of View *

The two hours were finally up and a teacher walked into the detention room and announced to the three troublemakers that they could finally leave. He was surprised to hear all three of them groan. They had been having too much fun playing around with chalks on the black board.

When they left the classroom, they were surprised to see Sungjong there waiting for them — waiting for Hyein to be exact.

Hyein however gave her two new friends quick hugs and whispered something in their ears before running away without another glance at Sungjong.

“Hyein! Wait up!” Sungjong was about to run after her but was stopped by Hoya and Dongwoo who both grabbed each of his arms and chuckled.

“Sorry, can't let you follow her. Let's go home.”

“Guys! Let go.. I already told you that I'm moving out. Ugh! Let go!”

“No, you're not.” Hoya said and nodded at Dongwoo. Suddenly the older boy threw Sungjong over his shoulder and started carrying him back to their dorm.

 

“You didn't have to run. It's not like we're in any hurry.” Youngmin said as he watched his girlfriend approach him, almost breathlessly.

“Uh, yes we are. Where's Kyunghee?” Hyein asked quickly as she grabbed his hand and started dragging him toward her friend's house. “I have to ask her something.”

 

When they arrived at Kyunghee's house, they found that it was empty. Hyein took out her phone, and rang her. “Where are you?”

“I'm shopping with mother. Why?”

“Can I ask you to do me a favour?” Hyein asked but before letting Kyunghee answer, she went on. “Ask Mari if it's okay for me to stay at your house for a couple of nights.”

After a short moment, while Kyunghee told her mother about Hyein's request, she finally came back to the phone. “Sorry Hyein.. She said we have guests coming over tonight so we've no room for you in our house. Are you ok? Why do you need a place to stay? Are you running away from home? Did you fight with your parents again?”

Ignoring Kyunghee's last few questions, Hyein quickly replied, “I'm fine. Thanks anyway! I'll ask Youngmin then. Bye Kyunghee.”

She sighed after hanging up, and sat down on the sidewalk in front of Kyunghee's house. She was exhausted after the running, and she was also feeling dead tired since she barely had an hour sleep last night as well as only two hours in school.

“What were you going to ask me?” Youngmin asked while sitting down next to her and putting an arm around her shoulder.

Hyein shook her head and smiled. “Never mind. I'll just go home after all I guess.”

“You were going to ask me if you could stay in my house, weren't you?”

“No.” she lied. His parents would find it weird if she did that, because not only is she their sons' best friend that's a girl, but shes also dating one of them.

“My mother won't mind. You know she loves you. And my father wont mind either as long as my mother is okay with it.” Youngmin stood up and extended his hand to her. When Hyein grabbed it he pulled her up too. "Hyein-ah. They're not gonna think anything weird or anything... It's not like we're asking for you to stay in my room with me." He grinned, seeing the embarrassed smile that suddenly replaced Hyein's worried frown.

Hyein let out a nervous giggle and took a step away from him. “It's ok. I'll manage somehow. It's not the end of the world if I stayed in my own house.” Suddenly, her phone vibrated and she received a message. She saw that it was from Sungjong, and after one quick look at it, she immediately looked up at Youngmin again and laughed. “On second thought, it just might be...”

Even though he was clearly confused at what was going on, Youngmin nodded, and they started walking toward his house.

Does that jerk really think he can buy my love by bringing me shopping? Idiot... Hyein thought bitterly about the message she had just received from her older brother.

Three more days and I'll be free of him for a while... Hopefully.