"Do you love me?"

Always be Mine

 

* Hyein's Point of View *

It's been a week since I found out Youngmin had a twin. Kwangmin has been getting more and more determined to fool me into believing he's Youngmin, but it's gradually getting easier for me to tell the two apart. I wonder if Youngmin keeps telling him something that keeps his determination so strong? A bet?

“I can't believe you get to date both of them.” Kyunghee said while we were walking to Donghyun's cute cafe. By the way, the cafe's name was The Cute Café. Crazy right? I made a mental note to force Donghyun to change it.

“For the last time, I'm only dating Youngmin.”

“Well, why don't you date Kwangmin instead? I think you look much better with him."

Yeah right, she just wanted Youngmin for herself.

I just laughed. “That's funny coming from you who can't even tell them apart.”

Kyunghee had liked Youngmin since the moment he stepped into our class and said ‘be nice to me and I'll be nice to you’ one year ago. Should I feel bad because Youngmin noticed me first? No, because it's not like meeting me first didn't make him fall in love with me right away either. We became best friends weeks before his arrival, and since Kyunghee is also my best friend, he treated her nicely too despite her obvious crush on him, which he once told me he found really annoying.

Sorry Kyunghee, my love. I still like you though~ 

“That's not it, Hyein. You and Youngmin–” she made air quotes with her hands when saying his name, “–look really good together when you know he's actually Kwangmin cosplaying as your boyfriend.” I blinked at her in confusion, and she probably thought I was mad at her because she quickly continued, “I mean I know I sound like I'm just finding reasons for you and Youngmin to break up – and that's half true, please don't be mad – but I am actually serious about what I said about Kwangmin. It just seems a lot more natural when you and Kwangmin pretend to be lovers. You're both acting but it looks so real to those who aren't aware. Plus, he's a lot nicer to you.”

Did we really look like real lovers? I thought for sure that it looked like a girl teasing a guy who obviously liked her – and I'm not saying Kwangmin liked me because I know he was just determined to fool me, most probably because of a bet between him and his twin.

“Oh look! There's the Youngmins!"

The Youngmins is what Kyunghee called the twins whenever she wasn't sure which one was her Youngmin. I turned to where she was pointing at, but didn't pay any attention to the twins. Instead, the boy behind them was much more worthy of my interest.

Pushing through the twins, I ran to the older male, and hugged him. “Seongie! I have something important to tell you.” I then whispered, the make the twins wonder what I was really saying, “Tell Donghyun oppa I want tiramisu. And some coffee too, please. Thank you."

Hyunseong smiled at me shyly as he hugged me back.

"I see you haven't changed, Hyein. It's nice to see you smiling again." He then went to tell Donghyun what I wanted. I glanced back at the twins and Kyunghee for a second to make sure they didn't hear what Hyunseong said to me, and lucky for me, they seemed to have been in some sort of a heated argument.

I smiled and waved at them, but got distracted again by the sweet things Hyunseong held in his hands as he motioned for me to follow him to a table. My mouth started watering so I swallowed and quickly followed him.

 

* Third Person's Point of View *

The twins and Kyunghee watched as Hyein ran past them and into Hyunseong's arms.

“Aww~ Hyein cares more about sweets than she does about Youngmin." Kyunghee stated with a playful giggle, what was going through both of the twins' heads. “And does she like my older brother? Aigoo, this girl asks for too much. And she gets everything she wants. I'm so jealous."

Kwangmin was chuckling at the things Kyunghee was saying, when suddenly Youngmin punched his arm. “What? It's clearly true though right? The part about sweets I mean.” he then turned to Kyunghee. “I doubt she likes Hyunseong though. That's just nonsense.”

“Yah! She does not like sweets more than me." Youngmin stated, trying to look calm.

“Yes she does.” Kyunghee and Kwangmin both said at the same time and laughed.

Kwangmin pushed his brother towards Hyein, “Why don't you go ask her?”

“Fine. I'll prove it.” Youngmin rolled his eyes and went to Hyein. “Do you love me?”