"This is the first time..."

Always be Mine

 

* Third Person's Point of View *

“Um... Jaein...” Hyein spoke breathlessly as she was being tightly hugged by Youngmin's mother.

“Mum, let her go.”

“Why? You jealous?” she giggled, loosening her arms around Hyein and smiling down at her. “I'm just so happy to see you. You haven't visited me since the two of you started dating two months ago. Why?”

Hyein smiled, but she didn't know what to say, so Youngmin decided to ask for her, “She wanted to ask if she could stay here for a few days.”

“—Please don't think anything strange of it! I'm just having some problems at home. So... Uh... Just a few days! That's all I need. After that, I promise I'll—”

“Hyein, relax. I'd be happy to have you here. Are your parents okay with it?”

“I can't reach their phones at the moment, otherwise I'd ask.”

“Oh. You're home alone?”

“No. My brother...” Hyein started, but Youngmin's mother seemed to figure it out with just that.

“Say no more, darling.” Jaein tightened her hug again before letting go. “You know you're like a daughter to me. Stay as long as you need. I'll go make some dinner, so make yourself at home.”

She then turned to Youngmin, “Honey, would you show her to her room. And yes I do want you two in separate rooms okay? She can have the room next to yours.” She winked at the both of them and then left to the kitchen.

“I feel like my mother knows you more than she knows me.”

Silence fell between the couple and it became a little awkward.

“Come on,” Youngmin smiled, grabbing Hyein's hand and dragging her upstairs with him.

The room Hyein was going to sleep in was a little messy, but Youngmin managed to clean it up a little. “Wow.. My room even has a lock. That's nice.” she smiled and sat on her bed.

“Yup... But dont lock your door at night, okay?” Youngmin winked at her and sat next to her.

“And why not? I need to keep you out or...”

“Or what?” Youngmin asked playfully, leaning his face closer to hers a little.

“Or...” she thought of what to say but when Youngmin's lips got too close to hers, she just couldn't be bothered with that, and met his lips with a smile.

She didn't really think about anything as she kissed him, but she had to admit she really enjoyed it when Youngmin's arms s around her and he pushed her gently down on the bed.

A few minutes later, Hyein pushed Youngmin back a little, and they stared into each others eyes for a moment until they realized the position they were in, and started laughing.

Youngmin rolled off of her and lied sideways beside her, hugging her waist.

“This is the first time that we're actually acting like a real couple.” Hyein giggled, leaning more toward Youngmin and hugging him, as he kissed the top of her head. “I like it.” 

“If this is what you have to do to be a real couple, then I guess I've never been in a relationship before?”

“I don't believe it.” Hyein laughed a bit more. She didn't think Youngmin was being serious. Not that she thought Youngmin was some big player or anything, but she knew he had had many relationships before.

Youngmin went quiet. “Believe it or not but you're the only girl I've ever even let near my bed.”

Hyein looked up at him, and saw the honesty in his eyes. He was being serious. That was quite rare coming from Youngmin.

“Well, technically, it's my bed.” she informed him jokingly and pulled away from him to sit up, but Youngmin pulled her back down beside him.

“Let's just stay like his for a while.” he snuggled closer to her and nuzzled her neck.

“No way. We've been like this for a while, I don't feel like it anymore. Lets go watch TV or something. Or see what Kwangmin is doing or somethin—Oh yeah! Where's Kwangmin? I haven't seen him since school.”

Youngmin frowned all of a sudden.

“What is it?”

“Who do you like more... me or Kwangmin?”

Youngmin's question startled Hyein. She wanted to say it was Youngmin right away, but just when she was about to say it, Kwangmin's name flashed in her mind. She wouldn't actually tell Youngmin she likes Kwangmin more but, just the hesitation made her panic a little.

Youngmin is the one I like. The one I'm dating. My boyfriend.

Kwangmin is just my best friend. I like him. We just get along well. 

Suddenly, Jaein appeared at the door and interrupted Hyein's thoughts as she told the two of them that the food was ready.

“I like Jaein the best.” Hyein exclaimed, jumping of the bed and running toward Youngmin's mother. She linked arms with Jaein, who was overjoyed despite being confused about the situation.

Youngmin followed the two girls to the dining room, initially frowning, but then smiling a little, happy that her mother likes Hyein so much. None of his previous girlfriends were even allowed in the house. Not that he wanted to let them in anyway, it was always them that tried to persuade him.

I'm so lucky to have Hyein.