Chapter 13

Love Fooled Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica gathered her things and stood up. When she looked back at Donghae she saw him putting his hands back to his sides.

“So you ready?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Donghae said. “To tell you the truth, I never been to those night markets before,”

“MWOH!!!!” Jessica yelled. “How can you never been to it, it’s on the streets!! You never even stopped once and got out of the car?”

“No, see, that’s why I want to try it now.” Donghae explained.

“Oh well, I am an expert at these kind of things, come on!” Jessica said as she took his hand and dragged him out of the library.

 

“Sungmin, forget it, you don’t have to play if you don’t want to…” Sunny told Sungmin. The truth is, she really wanted to hear him play.

“Okay, when I’m ready I will play for you…okay?” Sungmin said.

“Ne~ but I think you should start playing again, you can get a scholarship into Seoul University!” Sunny explained.

“I know but it’s just” Sungmin got cut off.

“No buts! It’s been a couple years Sungmin,” Sunny said comforting him. “It’s your future, not your mom’s, and who said a business man couldn’t play music right?”

“True…well then, how about I play the guitar and sing instead…okay?” Sungmin asked.

“Anything is fine with me!!” Sunny exclaimed.

“-sigh- here goes….” Sungmin said. But before he could play, his phone rang. “Sorry, I have to pick this up,”

“It’s okay, it always happens anyways.” Sunny whispered.

“Yeoboseyo?” Sungmin answered the phone. “Eomeoni…can I help you?”

“Where are you? You know what time it is?” Sungmin’s mom said through the phone.

"Yeah, I know what time it is…and why would you want to know where I am? Do you want to ruin my life and make me lose another person again…I don’t think so,”

“How dare you talk to me like that! I am your mother, have some respect for once. Every day I go home, and I am greeted by the butlers and maids. Not once have I ever been greeted by my family,”

“Is it my fault? No, because I don’t want to go home and be pressured by you. When you think about it, it’s your fault. You were the one that made your family get away from you.”

“I want you to come home right now!”

“I’m not coming home. When you go to sleep then I will go home, but for now it’s okay. I will see you tomorrow at the business dinner party thing that I would hate to attend!”

“You really are a rude boy like everyone says! Do you want our company to look bad?”

“Who said it was our company?” Sungmin said, exaggerating the word our. It became your company after my dad past away, so don’t ever say it is ours.”

“I make the decisions around here, now go home!! I need you right now! What would people think about our family tomorrow night? They expect you to know about the company and inherit it!”

“I don’t want to be involved with your business, I am busy right now. Thank you for calling me. If you really don’t want our company to look bad, then just explain it to one of the people that work for you,” Sungmin explained coldly.

“Aish! I’m and tired of your childish life.”

“And I am sick and tired of hearing your voice right now! Do you know what else I am sick and tired of, you ruining my life! Okay thank you, bye!” Sungmin said as he hung up the phone. “If only my new phone was a different number.”

“Sungmin, I think that was kind of rude,” Sunny told him.

“It isn’t really rude. Besides, a lot of people know I am rude.” Sungmin said.

“So, you’re usually rude to people?” Sunny asked.

“Yeah, I guess,”

“Oh, well I think you should go home though, I know it’s your life but just help her sometimes,” Sunny said.

“You don’t understand Sunny!! She ruined my life!!! I liked music, but she never let me learn it. When I was a little boy, every time we go somewhere I had to wear a suit, I’m not saying that’s the problem, but I was never a normal kid.” Sungmin explained.

“Sungmin, you should appreciate having your mom around.”

“Why should I? You know what, forget it, forget my mom okay! Ever since I was little, not once was she like a mom to me! She always treated me like her employee or something.” Sungmin yelled.

“Okay, just forget it I guess…” Sunny said. “Anyways, it’s late, I think I should go home, I’m going to go change.” She said as she got up. Sunny was mad at Sungmin, she knows that Sungmin had a reason to hate his mom, but he should still care for her. His mom has been raising him ever since he was in her stomach. But he was a guy so he probably didn’t understand how hard it was for a mother to raise a child for 9 months in her stomach.

“Wait why are you leaving? It’s only 11 p.m.” Sungmin said.

“Well, if you were smart enough to know about girls, then you would know that 11 p.m. is too late for a girl to be out.” Sunny said with a rough voice.

“Wait, what?! Are you mad at me or something?! I didn’t even do anything to you and now you’re mad at me?” Sungmin yelled.

“So what if I’m mad at you? Does it matter?” Sunny asked while getting her things.

“Yeah it does, why do you keep getting mad at me?” Sungmin asked in an angry voice.

“I don’t know, maybe because you have no common sense in life! I’m mad at you, does it mean anything to you!” Sunny yelled.

“Of course it does! I want to know what I did wrong. I need you to forgive me!” Sungmin told her.

“Now you know how your mom feels,” Sunny said as she walked towards the door.

“What!! So you were trying to teach me a lesson about life? Who do you think you are?” Sungmin shouted.

“Maybe I was trying to teach you a lesson! But it doesn’t mean anything to you!” Sunny yelled back.

“You can’t be mad at me forever!!”

“SAME GOES FOR YOU!!!! YOU CAN’T BE MAD AT YOUR MOM FOREVER!!” Sunny yelled as she slammed the door.

“AISH!! She really thinks she can change people!!! HAHAAHAHA YEAH RIGHT!!! What kind of guy would change, just to be with this girl!! I haven’t even changed ever since I met her! And the guys that fell for her are probably blind!! AISH!!!” Sungmin yelled at himself. “Wait, it’s 11 p.m. a girl shouldn’t be in the streets alone!” With that, he grabbed his things and zoomed off in his car to look for Sunny.

 

“Does it taste good?” Jessica asked Donghae while they were tasting the food.

“Yeah, I really like it,” Donghae said. The two have been at the night market for about 2 hours and they were still hungry.

“I’m still hungry though!” Jessica said.

“We ate so much already!! You have a big appetite for a girl,” Donghae told her.

The two people walked around and got a lot of food. While they were at it, they bought things for their best friends.

“Look at that!!!!” Jessica squealed while pointing at a big teddy bear. “It’s soooooo cute!!!”

“Yeah it is, why don’t you buy it?” Donghae suggested. The teddy bear stood up to Jessica’s thighs, and it was white. On its white face were two big black eyes along with a big brown nose. The bear was wearing a cute purple dress. In the bears hand was a small gift bag that came with a silver heart necklace, which Jessica didn’t see.

“Excuse me, ajeossi how much is this teddy bear?” Jessica asked.        

“This white bear, it cost $60.” The man told her.

“Kamsahabnida,” Jessica bowed and walked back to Donghae.

“So?” Donghae asked.

“It’s expensive…I can use $60 for something else.” Jessica told him with disappointment.

“Do you like it though?”

“I guess…but like Sunny said, we should save the money for our needs. Let’s go.” Jessica said as she started walking away.

“Okay,” Donghae agreed, without letting Jessica see him, he turned around and ran went back to the shop. “Annyeonghaseyo ajeossi, can I get the bear that girl was asking about earlier,”

“Okay, is it a gift?”

“Well you can just put a big bow around the bear, and does the necklace come with it?” Donghae asked.

“It does young man, that’s why it’s expensive.” The man said while handing him the big bear. “Here you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter