The Present

Mommy's Test.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was around 10 o'clock in the evening when Kyuhyun saw a little light inside his son's room. Knowing him all too well, Kyuhyun decided to sneak and find Sandeul doodling to himself, again. A smile crept up on his face but then, followed by a heavy sigh. Being the caring slash cool father that he is, Kyuhyun then the lights making the child jumped to his seat. The father who can't hid his laughter making the child's eyebrows scrunch noticingly

 

"you know son, you're not being cute with that face"

 

"you know father, you're not making any sense at all, if a person is mentally and physically shocked would he still manage to be cute? of-course he wont, all he can do is be handsome.. Why can you not tell if a person is being handsome or cute? Seriously father, i don't know where'd you get your brain"

 

"hey!" Kyuhyun who's tongue twisted and was mentally blocked by his child's 'take-note' reasons "okay, you won" he sighed. "So, may i ask why you're still up Deullie?" Kyuhyun who stepped inside the room; Sandeul who stands up to his chair, spreading his arms wide signaling Kyuhyun to carry him, which the father gladly did.

 

"i don't know papa" Sandeul started, hiding his face at the crook of Kyuhyun's neck "i had this dream, when you suddenly disappear and i am left all alone. It scares me papa, what if it really happened? would you leave me papa? Do you not love me anymore?" Sandeul who bombarded his father with too many questions. This time, it was the father who can't hid the frown on his face.

 

"Lee Sandeul, look at me" Kyuhyun said which the child gladly obeyed while wiping his own tears "why did you even think that i would leave you? i love you so much, son. Okay? I am proud that God gave me an another Su-- i mean, another me. Daddy will never leave a handsome child specially if it's Sandeullie, rest assured son. do you want me to sleep-over?"


Sandeul shooked his head "i can handle myself, dad. I just want to hear that magic word"


Kyuhyun who could only just nod in response "anything for you prince, i love you" he then kisses his child's forehead before tucking him up into bed. Before Kyuhyun could leave, he noticed that Sandeul is holding his pajama, a confused look appeared on his face "what is it Deullie?"


"can you tell me.. who's my mom, daddy? why isn't she here?" without any hesitation, Sandeul asked his father. And, Kyuhyun who can only gulped at the current situation, it was making him sweat and at the same time, he is hyperventilating inside. His heart started to beat so fast, like a horse that's on a race. "Dad? it's okay if you don't want to talk about it, i can always ask uncle turtle"


Kyuhyun who looked at his son, sadness was evident on his face. And, Sandeul knew it! he is not the typical 7 year old son who doesn't know how to read the situation, he knew that the look on his dad's face is hurting, it was the first time he saw his dad that sad. Curiousity is growing, another full of questions snapped in the child's mind, but he knew that it's not yet the right time to asked him, instead he just keep it all to himself and besides, he can always consult his uncle turtle.


"no worries daddy, nevermind that question. I love you!" Sandeul smiled. Kyuhyun pats his son's head whispering a "thank you" then followed by another kiss in the forehead "goodnight Deullie"

 

"night daddy! I love you. and please don't leave the lights on" Sandeul reminded his dad.

 

Kyuhyun who turned off the lights and closed the door, leaned on the wall and achingly clutched his beating heart, a sudden tear fall into his eyes, and hurried to his own room. Minutes later, a sob was heard 


Ahhh, Lee Sungmin. Don't you know that your son is doing quite well? he's a genius like me, for your information. And honestly, he is a carbon copy of you. Rounded eyes, he also got your aegyos! can you believe it? ...sighs! if being a model makes you happy, then so be it.  I wanna see you so bad, but i'm afraid you would despise me again, like what you did to your son.. you left him, you left.. us.

Wishing you hapiness...

 

Kyuhyun who just can't erase Sungmin on his mind making him doze off to his sleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter