A Promise

Your Eyes

"IU Hurry up! Everyone is waiting for you now." 

"Aish mianhe Oppa! I'll be there in a minute" I was running late once again. As I scurried around my room gathering all the supplies I felt I needed to get through the day I couldn't stop thinking of how I had to show around the two new kids around the school today. Seeing how one them, from what remember the one named DooJoon, didn't get along with my oppas I knew I had to make sure they steered clear from one another which I felt would be a bit hard because none of my oppas like leaving me alone with other guys. Feeling like I had everything in place I quickly looked at myself in front of the mirror making sure everything was in check. I had put my hair in two neat low pig tails with pink hair ties keeping them in place. Before leaving my room I picked up my phone and quickly swung my bag over my shoulder running down the stairs in a hurry. Of course just like the last time I slipped but this time it was worse than before. I started to roll down the stairs head first for the floor, as I was falling I felt myself about to hit the floor head first. I closed my eyes readying myself for the impact my head was about to make against the hard floor, but soon I stopped and instead felt something soft.

Slowly I pried my eyes open and saw that my face was right against someone's chest and whoever's chest it was also had his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I looked up to see it was none other than he the one who stole my heart as years passed, Yang YoSeob. As I looked up into his big beautiful eyes that showed his kindess everyday I felt myself being aborbed into them completly forgetting what had happened. "Gwenchana? Are you hurt?" he looked down at me with his beautiful eyes, but his question soon enough made me come back to my senses and I realized where I was. 

"O-Oh um..." I quickly pushed myself out of his arms and stood up straight gaining balance. "Y-Yeah I'm alright." I dusted off my skirt and straighted up my blazer while also patting down a few stray hairs that fell out of place. "Oh no I messed up your blazer oppa. Mianhe I didn't mean to wrinkle it up so much I just I don't know what happened." I started to speak very rapadily almost not making any sense even to myself. I started to pat down his blazer and making sure all the wrinkles were patted down making it neat again, he gave a small chuckle and gently grabbed ahold of my hand. 

"Ne IU calm down, are you okay though? You didn't get hurt did you?" without giving a response I quickly shook my head. "Good" he smiled brightly "You really scared me there for minute my heart is still pounding." He gently laid my hand on top of his chest right above where his heart laid. As my hand rested there I felt his heart beat at a really fast rate, it was banging so hard against his chest it felt as if it was just going to pop out and land inside my palm any minute.  

It's beating so fast....bwoh

Feeling his heart beat so quickly against my hand was starting to make my heart beat fast as well. Just thinking about the fact that I was the one that made him feel this way, was making my cheeks tingle and heat up indicating that they were starting to turn red. "Mianhe oppa, I-I didn't mean to..." I looked down at my feet feeling embarrassed. 

"Anhi, so long as you're doing alright I'm fine." he smiled brightly "Clumsy IU" he patted my head gently and I felt my heart start to calm down a bit.

"Komawo oppa" I smiled. Feeling already flustered like crazy I cleared my throat and slowly made my way to the kitchen, I made my way to the fridge getting the gallon of milk out. "GiKwang oppa can you help me get a glass from the shelf?" 

"I think they left." YoSeob walked in the kitchen towards a cabnet pulling out a glass cup setting it down right next to the gallon of milk at my side.

"Heh?" I walked out of the kitchen and to the living room to see it completly empty. "They just left without warning?" I walked back to the counter where YoSeob stood, I quickly poured myself some milk into the glass and taking a sip. 

"Anhi, they told me ahead of time." he grabbed the gallon of milk and put it back in the fridge. "GiKwang and Woonie started whining about he won't be able to see Hyosung in time to study for math and JunHyung got a text from Hara asking where he was. So they all went ahead." 

"Ah makes sense." I nodded my head and finished the last bit of milk in my glass. "Well we should get going now, can't be late can we?" I smiled and washed the glass I used. "Ready?" I looked over at YoSeob who seemed to be in his own world. "Oppa?" I tapped his shoulder and he quickly came back to the real world. "You alright?" 

"Oh de, I was just thinking is all. Let's get going" he smiled and I smiled as well. We both started to head our way to school talking about anything that came to mind like always. It was always nice walking alone with him without having to worry about any of the others interrupting, as much as I loved all them. Getting closer to school I realized that I was closer to having to show around the two guys who caused trouble yesterday and I heaved a big sigh of regret. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing, I'm just kinda not looking forward to having to show those two around school today." 

"Those two?" he rose his eyebrow at me

"Remember? The two guys from yesterday?" he stayed siletn for a long time looking at me when he finally remembered. 

"OH! Those two." he laughed 

"De those two oppa" I nodded my head laughing

"Completly forgot about them." 

"Well I didn't, and I have to show them around today. I just hope they don't cause any more trouble with JunHyung oppa or GiKwang oppa, things got pretty tense." 

"De." he smiled "Don't worry about it IU, you'll do fine showing them around and if they start any trouble I'm sure you'll be able to stop it before it gets out of hand" 

"I don't know" I sighed "He seems like a pretty determined kind of guy" There was a long pause and I looked at YoSeob who had his lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed deeply. "Oppa?"

"Hm? Oh Mianhe, I don't think I got much sleep last night so I'm a bit of deep in thought" he smiled 

"Ah I understand oppa, I had a nightmare last night so it was kinda hard for me to sleep too." 

"Bwoh?" He stopped me from walking any further "What was it? Are you alright?" 

"Heh? De I'm fine I mean it was just a dream so-"

"No! If it made it harder for you to sleep it must've been pretty bad, even though it was a dream, anhi, a nightmare. It can still leave a pretty bad affect on people's state of mind. If you need to tell me please do IU, I don't want you to feel bad. I know how you can be and you can tend to waver on dreams too much." He looked at me deep in the eyes showing me his concern.

GiKwang oppa said the same, he knows me just as well

As I looked into his eyes I started to get a flashback of the terrible nightmare that had occured the night before. The beautiful park and dress I wore, the words that he spoke to me that I couldn't remember no matter how hard I tried.

Why can't I remember the words?

His tears, the tears that fell with a smile on his face as he kept apologizing to me, the darkness that had swallowed him whole leaving me alone  in the water as the shadow that stood over me held my heart in it's hands. Soon enough I felt tears flow out of my eyes as my lips quivered. "Why would you smile when you're crying?" I mumbled. 

"What? IU..." 

I stood there crying remembering the terrible nightmare.

"Oppa?" I looked up at him through the tears that had been flowing through my eyes. 

"IU..." I heard him mumble. 

"Promise me you won't abandon me" I smiled as I felt the tears run down my cheeks, burning from the fear that the one I loved would somehow abandon me. I soon felt my body get pulled into his, my eyes widened as I laid there against his chest my tears leaving temporary stains in his blazer. 

"Jebal...don't cry IU..." I heard him whisper into my hear as he hugged my body tightly, with one of his hands on my head and another around my waist, my arms were enclosed tightly against the sides of my chest. Tears began to flow out even more rapid than before.

"Mianhe Oppa....I don't want to tell you about my nightmare. It's too scary." I cried harder grabbing onto his blazer. 

"Sshh it's okay IU it's okay just please don't cry." I felt him pet down my hair soothing me. I felt my heart start to slow down and my tears stopped flowing out as I started to regain my breath. "It's okay you're okay now" He whispered as he kept petting down my hair and I soon found myself starting to fall asleep in his chest. "IU?" The body that I had been crying into had started to pull away leaving me to weakly stand there alone with a little help from him as he held onto my arms. "Yah you can't fall sleep yet, you have a tour to give." He smiled sweetly. 

"Mian." I huffed rubbing my eyes roughly. 

"Yah don't rub your eyes like that, that'll just cause irritation." He dug into his backpack and brough out a small packet of tissues, he swiftly pulled out a napkin gently tapping it against my cheeks drying the tears away."There we go, there's the pretty face. Now all we need is a smile. How about during lunch you take a break from showing those two around and come and get that cake I promised you last night?" feeling weak I simply nodded feeling happy. 

"Komawo oppa" I smiled. 

"There we go, happy IU just like it should be. Now let's go to school okay? The others should be waiting for us too." 

"Mmhhmm" I nodded and we resumed to walking to school. "Ne oppa?" 

"Mmm?" 

"Can you make me a promise?"

"Of course, anything." 

"Promise you won't abandon me?" we stopped walking for a minute and I looked at him waiting for a response. "Promise you won't just leave without telling me a good reason why. Promise you won't be gone when I need you there the most, promise you won't abandon me." I stood there in my place looking up at him feeling my heart beat against my chest, I saw his eyes widen and he quickly took my   hand from my side wrapping it with his two hands. 

"IU, I promise to never leave you alone, I can never imagine having to leave you without good reason. I will always be there for you, you understand? I promise I won't abandon you IU."

"Promise?"

"Promise." 

"Pinky promise?" I smirked at him and he let go of my hand and wrapped his pinky around mine. 

"Pinky promise." he smiled. "Now let's get going."

"Komawo Oppa!" I quickly jumped on him hugging him tightly feeling even more happy than I could ever be.

I may not have you as a boyfriend, but just to have you like this is good enough for me. Just please...don't abandon me.