Two

Love in 1413
"WHAT!" Jaejoong shouted in disbelief.
 
"You heard me. You will be marrying the youngest daughter of Prime Minister Park." The king replied calmly.
 
"I don't want to. I am still... still too young for marriage," Jaejoong reasoned.
 
"Young? You are already 17 years old! I had you when I was 17 years old."
 
"But, I don't want.." Jaejoong started to argue.
 
"Kim Jaejoong! it's time for you to learn some responsibility! This is an order and my word is final," the king snapped as he finally lost his cool and turn to leave.
 
"Father," Jaejoong called out. "At least tell me who she is.."
 
"The Prime Minister's daughter, Park Gyuri."
 
-----
 
"Hyung, I heard the news!" Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Jaejoong shoulders. "Congratulations."
 
"No wonder people say that bad news travel far." Jaejoong shakes Myungsoo off as he continues walking to the palace gates.
 
"It's not that bad," Myungsoo caught up with him. "I heard that she is really pretty and well-mannered and kind and..."
 
"Yah!" Jaejoong snapped. "Stop it! Stop talking about it. This thing is totally ruining the lantern festival today."
 
------
 
Jaejoong, Dongwoon and Myungsoo were walking around the city admiring the lantern and enjoying the festivities when Jaejoong suddenly stopped causing Myungsoo to knock into him.
 
"Hyung! Why did you suddenly stop?" Myungsoo scolded. Getting no replies, he discovered that Jaejoong had not heard him and was staring into the distance.
 
"Second Prince," Dongwoon called before Myungsoo can interrupt Jaejoong. "Look there," he pointed at 2 ladies standing under the big oak tree filled with lanterns. "That lady offended the crown prince and held a knife to his throat two months ago."
 
"Really?" Myungsoo could hardly believe that his brother would let anyone off the hook with such an act. Before either of them could say anything else, Jaejoong had approached the two ladies.
 
"Hey!" Jaejoong shouted, causing several people to turn towards him, including Gyuri and Jiyoung. Ignoring the stares of the passersby, he continue to walk towards the two flustered ladies.
 
"Annyeonhasaeyo," Gyuri and Jiyoung greeted with a deep bow.
 
"I see that you have learned your manners." Jaejoong sneered. "I have been thinking of what you did to me, and also how I'm going to have my revenge. So, for starters, I want you to apologize to me."
 
Taking a deep breathe, Gyuri started. "I'm sorry for hurting you that day. It was wrong of me to point a knife at you. I'm deeply sorry for it."
 
"Alright,.."
 
"However," Gyuri interrupted Jaejoong, "I'm not sorry for stopping your misdemeanor. Even if you are the crown prince, you have no right to bully others."
 
"You..." Jaejoong could hardly believe what he just heard. 
 
"If there is nothing else, I will take my leave." Gyuri bowed and turned away from Jaejoong. In a flash, Jaejoong had grabbed Gyuri's wrist before he had realised what he had done. 
 
"What do you want?" Gyuri questioned.
 
Jaejoong composed himself and cleared his throat. "For your insolence, I want you to accompany me tonight."
 
"What?" Gyuri shakes off Jaejoong hand. "I am not an easy woman. There is no way that I will do that even if you are the crown prince."
 
"Hahahaha, what are you thinking about? You are not even fit to sleep with me, look at yourself, you are..." Jaejoong looks up and down Gyuri but failed to find any fault. "Anyway, I just want you to accompany me for the lantern festival. If you do, I will forgive your insolent act."
 
After contemplating for a while, Gyuri agreed to his request much to the dismay of Jiyoung. "Don't worry Jiyoung ah, he wouldn't dare to do anything to me in the public," Gyuri whispered.
 
"But, the other time..."
 
"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing." Gyuri re-ensured Jiyoung.
 
"Hurry up," Jaejoong urges.
 
"Alright, I'm coming." Gyuri left with Jaejoong at her side and Jiyoung following behind. 
 
------
 
"Second prince, let's catch up with them." Dongwoon rushes Myungsoo, shocked at the turn of events.
 
"I'm leaving first," Myungsoo walks off in the opposite direction. 
 
"Where are you going?"
 
Turning around, Myungsoo replied. "Just walking around but I would suggest you to leave the two alone. I can see that hyung is interested in that lady. Do me a favor and get rid of that maid too, will you?" 
 
"Ah... I understand now. I will get going now, second prince. Be careful." Dongwoon bowed and rushes off to catch up with the group.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you all for your comments, I really appreciate it :) Also, sorry for the lack of updates, I'm a slow writer ㅠ.ㅠ Anyway, I will be introducing the other couples soon...