Chapter 2

Eternity

 


Chapter 2. Perfect Melody


Yoona swung the door of her bedroom open and walked in. When..

“OH F!@#!! ASDFGHJLZXCVBNMQWE!!!” All kinds of swearing were pouring out of as she screamed in pain. 

Everything happened in a flash. And the next thing she knew, she felt extreme pain on her big toe of her right foot. She groaned as she looked at how it turned blue now. She glared angrily at the innocent 30 cm wooden block on the floor beside her feet. Her foot was really in pain now, she couldn’t even move it at all. She grabbed the wooden block and thrown it to the desk carelessly. She then walked to the bed with a limp.

Great. Just great.

Everything was just perfect. New rule, no accompanist, and now a swelling big toe. How could she do ballet with this? Heaven had to be really hate her if they went this far, she thought absentmindedly.

She looked at the wooden block again and thought that maybe she should have listened to Fany when she told her to throw it away. The thief was barging in to her room three days ago and she had to prepare a weapon. That’s why that block was here.

She was about to lay down when her eyes caught something. An antique box lied on her bed. It looked like a jewelry box? With ruby gemstones beautifully placed on top of it. She cocked her head to the side. Since when this thing was here? She didn’t remember seeing it this morning. Who put it here? Fany? But she should’ve said something if she did.

The box is in her hands now, she carefully opened it. It was not a jewelry box, but a music box. There were two little cupids on it, one holding a harp and another one holding a violin. It was rather cute and pretty. On the surface, there were letters that she couldn’t read. She didn’t think it was language she ever learned. Maybe Arabic? She analyzed it more and gave up. Ah whatever, she would just ask Fany later. She decided.

But curiosity hit her. She then rotated the crank lever in the left side of the box. And the melody that came out from that was really surprised her. She was stunned for a while as the melody was soothing her mind. How could this antique music box produce such perfect melody? And now even the little cupids were playing their instruments like they played it live.

This was really astonishing, yet bizarre.

She felt as slowly her heart and her mind become at ease. All the sadness because of her failure was gone. Even her longing toward her parent. She felt all the happiness and delight flooding her body and her mind. She then just started dancing easily. This might sound crazy but she felt like flying. And the pain on her toe was now gone too. She was too caught up in her dancing as she started closing her eyes. Strangely, the air around her suddenly felt so intoxicate comforting that she didn’t want to open her eyes anymore. But when she did, everything was changed. She was not in her room anymore. All she could see was a field full of flowers. The sun was right above her head but it didn’t burn her at all. There was something about this place that was so breathtakingly beautiful. This place was more beautiful than Jeju Do that she lived in. No, this was far more beautiful than any place in the world. Maybe this was.. Heaven.  

No.. this was a dream. This was definitely a dream. This couldn’t be real. And if it was, she didn’t want to wake up from this. She didn’t want to leave this place.

The melody from the music box was still accompanying her dancing. She was sure she never did such a perfect dance like this before. Now she felt like she had gone crazy. She couldn’t even differentiate anymore if this was a dream or was not. Was she hallucinating? Was something wrong with her brain?

In the midst of that, the music suddenly stopped.

And now, she was lost.

In a mere second, the beautiful place was now changed to a horrible sight. The flowers were all died. The air was suffocating and the sun was burning her. She felt tortured and scared. There was no direction to where she should go. Or where she had to run.

In the same time, she saw a light coming to her. It was.. an arrow. Before she could run, the arrow already pierced her heart. Darted her off far away.  

When she opened her eyes, she already came back to her bedroom. She was lying on the hard floor. But the arrow was already killed her. She couldn’t feel the air around her anymore. She felt her heart sank. She wanted to reach it but it was too late. Her body had died and she felt numb.

Consciousness left her mind, maybe forever.