Chapter 4

Eternity

 


Chapter 4. A Falling Star


 

Kai offered to play his favorite song and Yoona just nodded agreeing. She didn’t want to be stubborn anymore about that stupid melody that kept on playing in her head. She had been listening to Kai’s song for practices before, so maybe she could adjust better with that song. They tried it a few times, but it wasn’t as easy as she thought. Kai’s violin play was exceptionally good but she still couldn’t keep up with it. Her body felt strange, it’s not like she just did ballet recently, but she still couldn’t sync with the melody no matter what.

Yoona felt even more tortured with her body that started to feel stiff. That’s when she finally realized that the problem wasn’t the songs or the player. It was definitely in her. However, she kept trying. But the more she tried, the more she felt confused. She couldn’t find the sync no matter what. She even wondered if she still did ballet or another dances by now.

It was a mess. The longer she tried, her body started to lose balance. She looked around and everything started to spin. Her head felt dizzy. She might fall if she kept continue like this.

Kai suddenly stopped, seemed like he finally noticed something was wrong with her. “What’s wrong, Yoona?” He asked whilst putting his violin down and quickly approaching her. Soon enough Tiffany and Jessica were already beside her. They all looked so worried.

“Are you alright, Yoong?” Tiffany tried to hold her frail body. “You feel sick or something?”

Yoona tried to open her eyes but once she did everything started spinning, so she decided to close it again. “I’m just dizzy..”

“Maybe she is sick. Look, she is pale as ghost..” Yoona could tell it was Jessica who spoke.

“Let’s just go to infirmary,” Kai suggested, sounded so panic. He tried to carry her but Yoona immediately refused.

“I’m fine,” Yoona convinced them whilst trying to sit dow, but her head felt even heavier.

“But you are sick, Yoona..” Tiffany started using her overprotective tone. Kai was agreeing. Even so, Yoona felt like she wouldn’t get better even if she went to the infirmary. She didn’t know why but her body felt strange ever since that dream. Was she losing her ballet skill after all those years of practices?

Suddenly she felt so scared. She didn’t want that to happen. Dancing was her life, her happiness. Why did this happen to her? She knew that thing probably had made her crazy but she didn’t want to be like this. Feeling so frustrated and emotional, Yoona clutched onto her hair tightly.

Kai was still trying to convince her whilst putting his arm behind her, “You are sick Yoona… Let’s go to the infirmary now.”

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” She shouted whilst pushing him away harshly, shocking him and everyone.

Everyone looked at her in disbelief. Honestly Yoona also didn’t know what’s happening to her, why did she even shout like that? Was she crazy already? What’s wrong with her?

She still sat there whilst looking at Kai’s shocked face and immediately felt bad.

“Yah, Im Yoona. What’s wrong with you?” Jessica tsked. Yoona wanted to shout again at her, she really really hated her. But she couldn’t do it in front of Kai again. “We just want to help you, you know? Why are you acting like that?”

Yoona ignored Jessica. “I’m sorry Kai,” she muttered softly. She couldn’t even look at him anymore. “I’m just dizzy, I’m fine.” Once again, she tried to convince them but Jessica was still protesting her actions earlier. 

“Are you sure?” Kai asked again, there’s still worry in his voice.

Yoona looked at Tiffany and Kai, “Can you guys leave me alone for now? I need time for myself. My head is in a mess, please..” She begged. She didn’t want to scream at them again. She felt like she was not herself anymore.

Kai sighed but eventually stood up, “are you sure you won’t go to infirmary?” Kai asked again.

Yoona nodded, “I want to rest here for a while,” she said whilst leaning on Tiffany.

After putting back his violin into its case, Kai then left without saying anything. Yoona watched his back as he kept walking without even turned around to look at her.

“Yoona… are you sure you are okay?” Yoona almost forgot that Tiffany was still there, and also Jessica. Tiffany didn’t look like usual,she was just sitting there whilst looking at her worriedly. Maybe she was still confused with Yoona’s sudden outburst before because she was never like that before.

“Why don’t you stop this? You are only wasting your time.” Jessica’s voice emerged, “if you acted like this, you better give up with the competition.”

Yoona looked at Tiffany who was about to retort at Jessica and quickly stopped her. “Jessica’s right. I can’t do this anymore, unnie.. I want to give up.”

“What are you talking about, Yoona?” Tiffany looked clearly disappointed. “Didn’t you see my hard work to bring them here? You don’t want to perform at Charlotte Theater?”

Yoona held Tiffany’s hand, “I’m sorry unnie. I don’t mean to disappoint you. But this is useless. This is too hard, I can’t do this..” She said honestly.

“That’s exactly what I mean, all of this is stupid.” Jessica added. She looked happy with Yoona’s decision.

“I’m sorry..” Yoona said again weakly.

“I hope you won’t regret this, Yoona. But I will always support you no matter what,” finally Tiffany gave up. Yoona hugged her tightly and tried to forget all the failures she had faced. Especially, that strange dream that kept bothering her.

 

That night, Yoona felt extremely tired. But strangely, after giving up everything, she felt a little bit at ease. Maybe this was a good decision after all. From now on she would try to make herself busy so she could forget Charlotte Theater.

Before going to bed, Yoona went to the window to close the curtain when a moving light in the dark sky caught her attention. A falling star? Yoona wondered. It could be a plane or comet. She just hoped it didn’t bring an alien to earth.

Yoona kept looking at it which weirdly looked like it headed to her direction, but finally disappeared when she blinked for a second. Yoona rubbed her eyes and looked outside again intently but the light was nowhere to be found anymore. She sighed and quickly closed the curtain. Was she that tired that she started seeing things? If these strange things kept happening, she might go crazy sooner or later.

Feeling sleepiness started to overcome her, she quickly went to bed, wrapped herself in a blanket, and fell asleep just after a few seconds.

She was having the most beautiful dream that night... that she met an angel.

 


 

 

….okay. Sorry again, I promise Luhan will appear in the next chapter ^^; I’m too tired to write more otl