Part I

A Rainy Day Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was pouring outside and the library was about to close for the night. A young girl around the age of six was sitting on the bench outside, waiting for her mother to come get her and a boy that was around the same age as her looked at her and put an umbrella over her head, his body getting soaked from the rain.

The girl looked at him, blushing madly and tilted her head. She was about to say thank you to him when she saw him shivering from the cold. She blinked several times and pulled him to sit closer to her.

His eyes widened as he was pulled closer to her. He wasn't intending on sitting next to her since he was rather shy to be around her. He looked down at his lap as he smiled at her. Moments later, he looked at the people passing by wondering if any of them were the girl's parents. He saw in her face that she was worried on whether they were going to come pick her up or not when suddenly he heard a clash of thunder coming from the sky.

The young girl was terrified. If there was anything that scared her the most, it was thunder. She shivered in fear as another roar of thunder came, this time it was accompanied by a flash of lightning. She covered her ears with her hands as she trembled. Sobs being heard from her as she cried for her mother.

The boy hugged her and whispered to her to hold onto the umbrella as he covered her ears with his hands, making her head press against his chest. He still wasn't particularly sure why but it made him sad that the young girl was crying in fear and this was the best he could do. "Shhh... everything will be okay... your umma will be here soon, neh? I'll protect you right now but I also know that you're probably a strong brave girl."

She looked up at him and nodded. She slowly stopped crying and felt safe with the boy.

Moments later, the girl's mother came and looked at her. She took her hand as she was dragged away, dropping the umbrella as she walked with her mother.

The young boy looked at the girl walking away and waved goodbye to her.

Twenty years later

Donghae was looking out the window as the rain hit it. He was lost in his own world, not really paying attention to any of his surroundings as he thought about the little girl that he met when he was younger. Ever since that day, he couldn't get her off of his mind and even went to the library every single day for years after that until he graduated. And every single time he went there, there was no sign of that girl again.

"Oppa..." a voice called out to him. And he didn't respond. "YAH! Lee Donghae... this is your girlfriend talking to you!" Still no response. The girl groaned in disapproval as she did the only way she knew how to get him to pay attention to her. She caressed his cheek and kissed him deeply.

[I know the guy in the gif is Hyunseung!]

He blinked several times as he felt lips on top of his and he bit her bottom lip to let her know to stop. "Hyuna... what is it?" he asked.

She pouted as she looked at him. "You weren't paying attention to me, oppa. Why are you always like this whenever it's raining?"

The boy shook his head as he smiled at his girlfriend. "It's nothing... I just like listening to the rain..." he explained. Throughout the years, he has never told anyone about the girl that he met that day.

She pouted once again and held his hand. "Why didn't you kiss me back when I kiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter