[Insert Fancy Title Here]

GREEN FOR ENGLISH.

YELLOW FOR KOREAN.

RED FOR MANDARIN.

BLUE FOR JAPANESE.

Everyone I asked so far which was only a measly two students had a difficult time comprehending what exactly I was asking. Perhaps it was because my stucture was faulty or maybe my accent? Anyway, the point is I was getting nowhere. I took a break on a bench, letting my shoulders relax from the heavy burden it carried. I searched through my book bag for my Korean vocabulary book to find a proper way to ask "Where are the dorms?"

While I was sifting through the pages, someone sat on the other end of the bench. I looked up briefly to see who it was. It was a guy and he was handsome! I gulped, suddenly feeling very self conscious. Did I look okay? I was still wearing the same clothes from that ridiculously long flight. I was stinky and sweaty and unclean. Ew. Now that I think about it, a lot of people were giggling when I walked pass, too. Oh no, did they notice?! First impressions are last impressions.

I went back to reading and ignored his presence. If I don't acknowledge him, he won't acknowledge me. But because the bench was pretty short, I could eavesdrop on him. I indulged my curiosity and looked at what he was doing. He was using the internet on his phone. When I squinted I could see that the language was set to Japanese. He must be Japanese!

"Excuse me?"

He looked at me incredulously. Was it because I looked horrible or because I was speaking to him in Japanese? Probably a bit of both. "Um...you are a university student, correct?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Where are the dorms?" I asked and smiled sheepishly after. "I'm a new student."

"That yellow building over there," he pointed west, "is the girls' dorm."

"Thank you so much!" I bowed several times and hopped off the bench. "See you around!" I exclaimed as I waved goodbye to the Japanese stranger, picked up my luggage, and walked in the direction of the girls' dorm. It didn't occur to me that I probably seemed rude to him. If I ever cross paths with him again I will be sure to start a formal conversation.

I received my dorm number and access key in the mail before my flight, so all I needed was to find the actual dorm. I walked inside the yellow building after showing my card key to the lone security guard in front. It was half past noon now, so the dorm was pretty active. I passed multiple students as I marched up several flights if stairs and skimmed the labels on every door for room 507.

When I finally arrived at room 507, I huffed and dropped my luggage to the floor so that I could open the door to my dorm in a dramatic fashion. "SoHee? Anybody?" I tugged on my suitcases and let them rest against the bed that SoHee didn't claim.

"Yes?"She answered as she came out of the bathroom. "Oh! _____!" She dropped her brush on her bed and leapt into my open arms. "So good to see you!"

"What?"

"You need to work on your Korean," she chastised. SoHee grinned at me. "So how do you like Korea so far?"

"It's...cool? I haven't done a lot of sightseeing, yet. I just got here and it took me an hour to find the dorms!"

"Really? Did you come here alone?" 

"Well, no. Two other students were on the plane with me and we came here together."

"That's good."

"Yep." I opened one of my suitcases to grab a new set of clothes. "I'm going to take a shower and change and then you are going to give me a tour of this place."

"Whatever you say." I looked at her cluelessly and she rolled her eyes in response. "Just take your shower!"

 

 

A/N: A short update, sorry! I will work on the 4th chapter today~ Hopefully, it will get done Px

THANK YOU FOR READING!